PDA

View Full Version : chris king rear hub and shimano 9000

whforrest
06-11-2012, 12:38 PM
I just spoke with someone at Chris King. The gentleman I spoke with said they are already working on a new shell for the 11 speed cassette. Apparently we can use the existing rear hub and will be able to purchase a new shell and he mentioned something about re-dishing the wheel?

Sorry I'm not a true mechanic and I don't have the skillset to articulate this like many of you can ont he forum.

Interested in your feedback though.

AngryScientist
06-11-2012, 12:56 PM
I just spoke with someone at Chris King. The gentleman I spoke with said they are already working on a new shell for the 11 speed cassette. Apparently we can use the existing rear hub and will be able to purchase a new shell and he mentioned something about re-dishing the wheel?

Sorry I'm not a true mechanic and I don't have the skillset to articulate this like many of you can ont he forum.

Interested in your feedback though.

sounds like what you would have to do to retrofit a shimano R45 hub to campy. from all reports, this is pretty expensive to do. i personally would not hop on the 11-sp shimano bandwagon until the major players in the industry have this all sorted out. the beauty of running shimano used to be how readily available parts were, find them anywhere. this advantage will be pretty much gone for the first few years of 11-sp.

just my 2-cents though.