PDA

View Full Version : Honda accord crosstour...anyone have one, opinions?

Kingfisher
06-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Thinking about the crosstour, haven't driven one yet, but the styling is appealing. Owners please chime in.

mike p
06-10-2012, 09:44 AM
My dad just bought a white one loaded! It's a very nice car. (we are talking about the wagon like car) Can't tell you to much about it, I drove it to the grocery store with my dad sitting shotgun so I couldn't put it through it's paces. Interior was very nice and the thing looks sharp. I don't see many on the road at all around here.

Mike

eddief
06-10-2012, 11:20 AM
styling, in my opine, often leaves so much to be desired. even if not more so for the Acura division. do they do market reasearh, or not? The Cross Tour is probably a fine vehicle but can you say Pontiac Aztek ugly? think i'd go for any Sub over that one. Bring back the small station wagon please.

thashicray
06-10-2012, 11:23 AM
As you do your research, also check out the Toyota Venza. My in-laws have one and this would be on my short list if I was in the market for a new car.

Andrewlcox
06-10-2012, 11:48 AM
I can't believe they made such an oddly shaped rear end. IMO, I think they missed the boat with the styling. I just bought a Prius v wagon and love it. I am averaging 43 MPG everyday and have a very large backseat area and rear cargo area.

Sorry if I knocked the car you are researching.

Andy

Ramjm_2000
06-10-2012, 12:11 PM
As you do your research, also check out the Toyota Venza. My in-laws have one and this would be on my short list if I was in the market for a new car.

This. I'm driveing one of the last years of the Passat Wagon/Varient (sport package, 18" alloys, etc..) and if I had to trade in on something the Venza is really the only cross over I'd consider right now. Just wish the MPG was better.

thwart
06-10-2012, 12:25 PM
I can't believe they made such an oddly shaped rear end. IMO, I think they missed the boat with the styling. I just bought a Prius v wagon and love it. I am averaging 43 MPG everyday and have a very large backseat area and rear cargo area.

Sorry if I knocked the car you are researching.

Andy
Yep, the Prius V is great! Ours got ~ 47 mpg on the 1st tankful of gas. And IMHO a bit less clumsy styling than the Crosstour...

And 2 bikes in back very quickly and easily.

Kingfisher
06-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Im the op, and the reason I'm attracted to it is the looks. To each his own I guess. I'm 57 and have a Honda fit now which is a great car but nit too comfortable fir ling trips. Comfort I'd key as yu get older.

Louis
06-10-2012, 03:19 PM
the styling is appealing

I'm nearly certain that you'll find this to be a minority opinion.

zmudshark
06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Yep, the Prius V is great! Ours got ~ 47 mpg on the 1st tankful of gas. And IMHO a bit less clumsy styling than the Crosstour...

And 2 bikes in back very quickly and easily.

So, not only are you faster on a bike than me, but if you are in your car, I wont hear you come up behind me?

You are getting harder to like, sir.

avalonracing
06-10-2012, 04:32 PM

I had a Venza for a rental. It is quite possibly the most boring car to drive on the planet.

tch
06-10-2012, 05:34 PM
....that the back seat/cargo area is severely compromised by the CrossTour's styling. I can't tell you anything cuz I haven't been in one. But it seems like a possibility. You should check this out for yourself.

Kingfisher
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Just returned from the dealer.....I do think il pass on the crosswords and go for a 4 dr accord. From what I can see , the trunk space is severely compromised on space due to the configuration of the hatch

Ralph
06-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I just bought a new 2012 Honda CRV. Back up camera, NAV, hands free phone, etc. It will haul 2 bikes fork mounted if you're not too tall. My wife drives our main vehicle, and I usually drive something more for utility....hauling bikes, etc. No one lin our family liked my 2010 Element, so sold it for a terrific price.

I'm surprised how good the MPG is with this CRV. I'm getting 31-32 in mixed driving....with ECON button on.

thwart
06-10-2012, 08:44 PM
So, not only are you faster on a bike than me, but if you are in your car, I wont hear you come up behind me?

No, no, not to worry.

Toyota, in their infinite wisdom, has installed a noise-making system when the thing is running on electric.

... just for elderly cyclists like yourself. ;)

bozman
06-10-2012, 08:47 PM
styling, in my opine, often leaves so much to be desired. even if not more so for the Acura division. do they do market reasearh, or not? The Cross Tour is probably a fine vehicle but can you say Pontiac Aztek ugly? think i'd go for any Sub over that one. Bring back the small station wagon please.

+1
I had such high hopes for this vehicle. All the auto sites were teasing it with shots of the European Accord Tourer (wagon.) Alas they unfurled an obnoxious hatchback instead.

Honda's are great cars and I am sure it will run forever but they really missed the mark with this one, style-wise, ATMO.

Kingfisher
06-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Just returned from the dealer.....I do think il pass on the crosswords and go for a 4 dr accord. From what I can see , the trunk space is severely compromised on space due to the configuration of the hatch

mcteague
06-11-2012, 10:24 AM
IMO the Crosstour is really ugly. I passed it by and bought an Acura TSX Sport Wagon. No AWD option but that is no big deal for me.

Tim

rugbysecondrow
06-11-2012, 10:37 AM

I actully like the looks of the crosstour as well, but the problem I have with the rounded rear end is the same problem I have with round building architecture...stuff doesn't come in "round" and so it is clumsy to fit things in, Boxes, people, bikes, lumber etc. you can fit less stuff in and have wasted space for what you can fit it.

Design people are frustrating sometimes.

Jaq
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I love that station wagons are slowly making a comeback. I see a lot of Venzas around So Cal; sad to hear they're boring to drive.

But is the "boring" part because your expectations were too high based on the looks? Was it underpowered? I don't mind a car that's got a solid, stable feel.

Tom
06-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Toyota, in their infinite wisdom, has installed a noise-making system when the thing is running on electric.

I'm calling my lawyer right now. I had the original idea, only mine's better. Computer generated sound of classic muscle cars. Those guys are going to be paying me until they can't hear the word 'Cobra' without twitching uncontrollably.

54ny77
06-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I'd recommend a RAV4 over a Crosstour. The thing is VOLUMINOUS inside. And I mean gargantuan. We have the 4cyl "Sport" version. Plenty quick, decent mileage, yadda yadda. Ride isn't what I'd call plush (borderline rough, esp. on bad NYC pavement), but that's because of stiffer susp. settings. Handling on smooth roads is so good it really raises an eyebrow; I've been on some swoopy roads with sporty cars behind me and I know they were hustling to not get embarrassed by a wimpy little SUV...

If doing it all over again we'd go Limited w/6 cyl. Smoother ride, very quick motor, slightly worse gas mileage.

flydhest
06-11-2012, 12:07 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Consider a Jetta TDi Sportwagen.

Over 40 mpg on the last trip. Drives like a car, useful space inside, station wagon utility.