PDA

View Full Version : OT Radiohead live feed was ridiculous

Honey
06-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Not sure if there are any radiohead fans here on the forum but the live feed from bonaroo was terrific , quality was good setlist was wonderful. I saw the show up here in MA last week and while it was great (it's radiohead afterall) it wasn't up there with the 2006/08 shows (for a variety of reasons but lets not go there, some of those shows were truly special, like the first time you ride a nice Ti bike).

anyone else out there on my wavelength or am I king of my own island

Fiertetimestwo
06-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Radiohead. Genius (most of the time).

Never seen them live- had tickets for the last show in Melbourne ( a 441 mile
drive away) on the 2004 world tour- but it was cancelled due to a Thom Yorke throat problem.

Went to Hendry Cycles (the only shop in Australia to carry Serottas) on the way home (another 441 miles) and bought an all Ti Fierte to make me feel better. Absolutely love that bike and still have it - so it wasn't all bad!

I don't know what you make of the King of Limbs, but I think the last 5 tracks are some of the most sublime music of any description that I know.

However, I missed out on tickets for their shows in Australia later this year- and have not as yet succumbed to the "secondary market". I believe tickets are available for about $500 each.

So, you are not the king of your own island after all!

echelon_john
06-09-2012, 04:58 AM
seeing them in florence on july 1st; will be my sixth time. can't wait.

saw them in mass on the hail to the thief tour and that was pretty stellar; probably the best so far.

looking forward to idioteque with a few thousand italian best friends.

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-09-2012, 06:00 AM
So glad music like Radiohead, musicians that actually play instruments and can sing, is still being made, and played, these days.

merlincustom1
06-09-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm seeing Radiohead Wednesday in Philadelphia.

estilley
06-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Best band of the past 20 years.

dustyrider
06-09-2012, 09:36 AM
I saw RadioHead live in 1997 on their OK Computer tour it was a great show, and I liked that album, but not one I listen to very much anymore.
The thing is I fell in love with RadioHead when Pablo Honey hit the US, and The Bends is still one of my all time favorite albums ever.
So, I Haven't really followed RadioHead since Kid A came out... I really fell off the fan list with Amnesiac. I suppose I should at least listen to some of their newer stuff, before I write them off completely, but it all seems like more of the same. I guess it's time to check out a few youtube songs today!

Honey
06-09-2012, 12:18 PM
Yes to everyone!

500 for a ticket is crazy, that's brutal

echelon john, a trip report would be great if you get a chance. that sounds like pretty much the best thing ever, Italy + Radiohead. Have a wonderful wonderful time.

dustyrider +1 on the Bends. I'm biased, It's my favorite. For me, it's truly impressive to listen to an album I know so well and still be surprised at how wonderful all of the songs are.

To get a little weird on you guys, I always felt that the experience of listening to the Bends as an entire album was what made Radiohead so special for me. I feel its lost a bit of that since hail but may be ive just gotten jaded. There are some wonderful beautiful songs on kol and in rainbows but for me the Bends was greater than the sum of its tracks (and I love its tracks) and there is a bit of an 'story' that it takes you through from beginning to end.

Anyways

I saw them at the great woods last week aka the tweeter center and now the comcast center. Great show but not one of the all times (for me, as it lacked the bends) and I was spoiled by two sublime shows on the in rainbows tour in St Louis and Chicago. The new light setup is impressive but there was something light and almost ethereal about the in rainbows hanging LED prisms that I felt was so well balanced and a bit lost in the almost overpowering screen. The screen is awesome and super cool, I'm not down on it, it's just different.

Most importantly, yay for radiohead. It's just pretty.

beeatnik
06-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Radiohead at Coachella this year. Made me feel young and old at the same time. Weird.

The performance was the epitome of PRO.
The stage design was ART.

I was happy to be there.