PDA

View Full Version : The big big S

Fixed
06-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Not serotta ,I giving up ,my next bike is going to be a specialized since it seems the whole world is riding them ..sky is going on them getting rid of those dumb dogmas :eek
As Soon as I can find one with training wheels :
The only problem is I have never seen one I thought looked all that good :)
P.s.
I don't like t.t. Bikes much but tony Martin looked great on his t.t. Bike yesterday i forget what he rides ,what could it be ?
Cheers

gone
06-08-2012, 09:23 AM
Agreed you see Specialized just about everywhere. They're doing a pretty good job of marketing not to mention a CAAD10 for much less than $2k makes one heck of a race bike.

Agree on the looks though.

eddief
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
your approach to aesthetics may be altered. You may allow for some curvey, gaudy, carbony thing to become an integral part of your bike appreciation.

gone
06-08-2012, 09:26 AM
your approach to aesthetics may be altered. You may allow for some curvey, gaudy, carbony thing to become an integral part of your bike appreciation.
You're probably right. I ride mostly obsolete steel bikes :D

Oh, except for my ParleeZ1X. :banana:

54ny77
06-08-2012, 09:32 AM
i bought one (it's used, a few years old), am very happy with it. no muss, no fuss. it's a great bike, it goes, it does the job. there's a reason a lot of people ride them: they work. and they don't have to wait 12-24+ months from some artiste with a cool website and fancy paint whose idea of customer service is about as good as a street vendor on canal st. when pushed for a refund on that fake rolex that stopped working 10 min. after purchase.

looks, eh, take it or leave it. whatever, i don't think about it when i ride it.

if i was in mkt for a new one, i'd def. consider it if found at a great price (and less flashy paint/graphics than what i have now). the subtle all-black models they have now (venge, sl4, etc) are sharp.

TMB
06-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Not serotta ,I giving up ,my next bike is going to be a specialized since it seems the whole world is riding them ..sky is going on them getting rid of those dumb dogmas :eek
As Soon as I can find one with training wheels :
The only problem is I have never seen one I thought looked all that good :)
P.s.
I don't like t.t. Bikes much but tony Martin looked great on his t.t. Bike yesterday i forget what he rides ,what could it be ?
Cheers

Hold out for a bigger cheque.

Tell Specialized you will be happy to ride their bike, but you want 4, with replacement wheels, and a van to carry them around, and a cheque for $500,000.

Then you'll tell everyone here how they are the best bikes ever.

Until then, stick with your Eddy.

MattTuck
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Unless your primary interaction with the bike is looking at from afar, the only part of the bike you need to worry about looking at is the top tube and stem, from above.

JohnHemlock
06-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Specialized needs to capitalize on the new Fred (or Frayden) to create a "Bespoke" division so they can make one-of-a-kind crabon bikes to go with the S-Works and the lower end stuff.

In the end, they wouldn't need to actually hire any frame-builders, just do something like this. . .

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwxyh3A4FZ1qzxvmyo1_500.png

Fixed
06-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Sadly , I am at the looking at it stage as opposed to the riding it stage
Cheers :)

54ny77
06-08-2012, 09:44 AM
huh, no can ride? why buy one then? if can't ride, i say let someone else take the depreciation, lotta nice barely used models will come on market at the point you're ready to push the pedals. the bike i bought was absolutely pristine and cared for by its owner. got an almost embarrasingly helluva deal.

Sadly , I am at the looking at it stage as opposed to the riding it stage
Cheers :)

Fixed
06-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Hold out for a bigger cheque.

Tell Specialized you will be happy to ride their bike, but you want 4, with replacement wheels, and a van to carry them around, and a cheque for $500,000.

Then you'll tell everyone here how they are the best bikes ever.

Until then, stick with your Eddy.

Eddy ain't going :)
Cheers

Fixed
06-08-2012, 09:48 AM
huh, no can ride? why buy one then? if can't ride, i say let someone else take the depreciation, lotta nice barely used models will come on market at the point you're ready to push the pedals. the bike i bought was absolutely pristine and cared for by its owner. got an almost embarrasingly helluva deal.

Good plan :)
Cheers

danielpack22@ma
06-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Although I share your lack of enthusiasm for the look of most Specialized products, I'll have to say that their customer service (in my experience) is exemplary.

dave thompson
06-08-2012, 10:49 AM
<snip>.............. some curvey, gaudy, carbony thing........................<snip>

Indeed. A rolling billboard too. I like mine.

beeatnik
06-08-2012, 11:54 AM
They're bikes for guys/gals who have begun to believe that it really is the bike and not the rider. RIP Cervelo.

130R
06-08-2012, 11:57 AM
not serotta

lol

tannhauser
06-08-2012, 12:07 PM
They're bikes for guys/gals who have begun to believe that it really is the bike and not the rider. RIP Cervelo.

funny

tannhauser
06-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Good plan :)
Cheers

At ground zero they are all de-badged.

Durable bikes -- by used!

bluesea
06-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Ride it, don't politicize it...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7194/6780982292_de7f8e3c52_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7038/6927099881_ab73e77e97_b.jpg

Johnnyg
06-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Cookie cutter bikes, but they work!....

Fivethumbs
06-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Ride it, don't politicize it...

Amen!

jr59
06-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I could care less what you ride.

I would just like to see a ride report from you.

Get better. Or we will start a collection to get you a trike.:p

benitosan1972
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
I'd rather not ride a bike that most of the weekend warriors around here ride,
just me, but everytime I see a Tarmac or Madone, I get a little bit sleepy, even if they're great bikes and all, to me they lack a je ne sais quoi... about as exciting as seeing a new Starbucks in the neighborhood