PDA

View Full Version : Price Check: 2006 Ottrott ???

sadiqgill
06-06-2012, 11:11 AM
All: Got ahead of my self and now need to cut back. I have a 2006 Ottrott (non sloping TT) that is 53.5 x 53.5. Black with yellow decals. Frame is in good shape, a few little blemishes etc (consistent with a bike that is 6 yrs old). I built it up with a mix of new campagnolo parts: Record 11 derailleurs, older record brakes, 9 speed shifters, new Shamal wheelset and Athena 11 Carbon Crankset. I need to move it but not give it away.....any feedback on price? Also, I checked ebay and it seems as though Ottrotts are not really selling--so any feedback on the best place to sell one?

Joachim
06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
see this:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=110348&highlight=ottrott+worth

sadiqgill
06-06-2012, 11:22 AM
any idea where best to sell?

sadiqgill
06-06-2012, 11:26 AM
does the mixed Campy stuff make a difference? I have a chorus 11 speed group ( a little more used than what is now on it)....

Joachim
06-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Parting out will bring in more money than selling a complete bike...

Fishbike
06-06-2012, 12:05 PM
As a biker buyer, I prefer a consistent group. As a bike builder, I mix components all the time. A Chorus 11 group would help and certainly would not hurt the sale, but it is hard to gauge by how much. Joachim is correct; you will maximize your $$$ by parting it out. Most folks looking for a high-end frame want to build it themselves, but I must admit it would be hard to improve upon a Chorus 11. Good luck!

akelman
06-06-2012, 12:09 PM
does the mixed Campy stuff make a difference? I have a chorus 11 speed group ( a little more used than what is now on it)....

As Joachim said, part it out. Selling a complete bike is a quick way to lose money. That said, selling any bike in this market is a quick way to lose money.

sadiqgill
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
so I guess it is resolved: I will part it out. I guess the best way to sell the parts is eBay. What about the frame?

67-59
06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
As a biker buyer, I prefer a consistent group. As a bike builder, I mix components all the time. A Chorus 11 group would help and certainly would not hurt the sale, but it is hard to gauge by how much. Joachim is correct; you will maximize your $$$ by parting it out. Most folks looking for a high-end frame want to build it themselves, but I must admit it would be hard to improve upon a Chorus 11. Good luck!

Agree completely. If I was in the market and this was my size, I'd either want just the frame/fork, or a consistent group.

As far as how to get the best $$ out of the frame...if it were me, I'd try the classifieds here first for a while, and only go to eBay as a last resort.

laupsi
06-06-2012, 03:27 PM
so I guess it is resolved: I will part it out. I guess the best way to sell the parts is eBay. What about the frame?

I will never part w/my Ottrott. Have ridden enough to know it's a keeper!

SoCalSteve
06-06-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd never sell my Ottrott, never!!!!

Best bike I have ever owned!

oldpotatoe
06-07-2012, 08:06 AM

I'd sell it as a frame/fork/HS..most people have their own ideas how to 'spec' it.