PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Campy Eurus, can they be run Shimano?

binxnyrwarrsoul
06-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Anyone know or have experience running '05 generation Campy wheels Shimano? I know the newer Campy wheels (and Fulcrum) can be set up Shimano, how about '05 Eurus? Is there a Shimano freehub body for them?

oliver1850
06-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Yes. Here's the 2005 parts page for the Eurus rear. I've always been confused what the exact part number for the Hyperglide FHB is, perhaps Peter can clarify. It looks like there's a "Record type" and a "Chorus type" of Hyperglide FHB. I assume the "Record type" is lighter, Ti pawl carrier perhaps? In any case, it appears to me that either WH-KX1 or WH-KX2 would work.

Spin71
06-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Yes
http://www.ebikestop.com/campyfulcrum_freehub_body_for_shimanosram_8910-FW9853.php

http://www.totalcycling.com/a-z/wheels_road/wheels_campagnolo/SPC_freehub_S9.html

Sure you can find them cheaper if you look around or maybe find a used one.

A1CKot
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I think all the OS hub hub internals are the same. If it is I have an extra shimano free hub body from a pair of neutrons. I can't confirm this though.

axel23
06-03-2012, 07:00 PM
My Eurus rear hub was set up for Shimano when I got the wheels. Works great and best wheelset ever.

oldpotatoe
06-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Yes. Here's the 2005 parts page for the Eurus rear. I've always been confused what the exact part number for the Hyperglide FHB is, perhaps Peter can clarify. It looks like there's a "Record type" and a "Chorus type" of Hyperglide FHB. I assume the "Record type" is lighter, Ti pawl carrier perhaps? In any case, it appears to me that either WH-KX1 or WH-KX2 would work.

Titanium Pawl carrier for Record BUT with the new one piece aluminum FH body for Campagnolo, now only one FH body for HG. There is also a HG body for the Campagnolo wheels that have cart bearings and a steel axle, like Vento and Scirocco.

The older HG FH bodies fit onto older, non lobed axles as well..not the same for the newer, one piece Campag FH bodies.