PDA

View Full Version : Merckx marketing dept could use some help

tv_vt
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't know how this showed up in my home email box, but I'd say EM's marketing department could use some help. Not going to do me much good, since I live in Vermont... Note the big "if" in the first line :rolleyes:

Check out our special offer if you live in Belgium: register on the website of newspapers Het Nieuwsblad or Sudpresse from June 1st and buy an AMX-1.5 for 995 euro instead of 1.195 euro!!

After registration, just go to your local Belgian dealer and pick up your AMX-1.5!

The AMX-1.5 is made of high quality aluminium and is the perfect bike for beginning cyclists. It comes with a full Shimano group.

Best regards,

The Eddy Merckx Cycles® team

monkeybanana86
06-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Isn't the company pretty much an overseas company now? That would explain the rushed and badly translated e-mail.

dbh
06-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Carbon frames are still available stateside, but I agree, that marketing leave much to be desired. See very few newer EM's on the road these days. If only the Team SC/Premium was still available in the U.S. Sadly, with the new ownership, I don't see much hope for them.

oldpotatoe
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Carbon frames are still available stateside, but I agree, that marketing leave much to be desired. See very few newer EM's on the road these days. If only the Team SC/Premium was still available in the U.S. Sadly, with the new ownership, I don't see much hope for them.

In 2011 there were 10,000 Merckx frames/bikes sold worldwide. The US does not the bike market make.