PDA

View Full Version : A Windy Day With Ed...fork you, Serotta

Dr. Doofus
02-21-2004, 03:50 PM
The Debilitated Doc Says:

Went out for three hours today with Big Ted's Corsa again. What sucked is that there was always a cross or headwind the way the roads is around these parts of Carolina, and that wind was a sucky 20+.... The good news was the Doc and I borrowed a powermeter and the Doc averaged 250 watts for three hours, so he still has something of that ol can't sprint can't climb cant win diesel...even though the jerk and Saab2000 can beat that easily, that's just about where the Doc was years ago...Mexican Food and Beer are now the Doc's recommended training regimen, cause its seems to work for us.

Where he was going with this as I follow him along is that the ol tank Corsa felt a lot better on the crappy stuff than the zoot-suit-rare-fruit Csi...mainly because of the nice steel fork.

I and I and the Doc can crap on weight. One of us is 7% body fat right now, and we think that he can still take you, your Ottrott, and your Blue-Moon-Gob-Goon-Gut-Butt on our heavy bike. So it got us thinking about what the Corsa's got in its headtuby pocketses....

That Serotta carbon crap has to go.

How is the Doc going to get a steel fork for for a 1 1/8 HT? Waterford? Dave Kirk? Some bonged-out brazer in the boonies who makes a lot of crazy crap? Do tell....

Roy E. Munson
02-21-2004, 04:39 PM
What in God's name are you babbling about?

jerk
02-21-2004, 04:59 PM
doofus-
jerk's got your solution at hand.....you willing to wait?

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2004, 05:04 PM
. . . Am I correct here that you and “the Doc” are the same person? Or are you Siamese twins?

BBDave

Dude
02-21-2004, 05:24 PM
I am so confused. Maybe its a Gollum/Smigel thing.

Dr. Doofus
02-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Brother Jerk:

I and the Doc can wait a while, that's no problem. We'll ride pretty much anything as long as it rolls, so I says he can wait a while if a while is what it takes to get a good steel fork for a 1 1/8 head tube....

jerk
02-21-2004, 08:03 PM
the jerk's got a plan a foot to have some really really nice forks built...custom rakes available, custom ride heights available, threaded threadless 1 1/8th 1 inch etc. etc.

there going to look sort of like the old english path racer forks....the crown will sort of be a round tube of sorts....the jerk won't be allowed to sell them on complete bikes or in france because they will not have safety tabs....totally brazed...shouldn't be too expensive.....you and the doc lemme know....

jerk

Ozz
02-22-2004, 07:19 AM
Jerk,

I'd luv you to keep me in the loop if your plan is to come up with a flat-crowned, lugged steel fork with a 1.125" steerer.

There's nuthin wrong with my F2, but I got a feeling that carbon steerer is not going to last forever....

Thanks.

jeffg
02-22-2004, 10:56 AM
From Pegoretti's website:

"Steel 1 1/8th Forks. For 2003 we will be producing a new fork in house. The fork will be available in both 1" and 1 1/8th versions. The fork has a old style flat crown machined from two parts. Custom fork blades will be used as well."

It is available in both road and track versions, and I would imagine custom rakes will be available. Perhaps you could contact Matt at Tiramisu imports and see if he can hook you up with one.

best,

Jeff

chuck
02-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Toby Stanton at Hot Tubes may also be good source for custom fork - www.hottubes.com
Chuck

Jeff N.
02-22-2004, 03:29 PM
Try Bill Holland (619)469-1772. Jeff N.