PDA

View Full Version : Back in the saddle!

Andrewlcox
05-31-2012, 12:20 AM
It’s been 50 days since my last bike ride. I was doing 100 miles per week when I caught a nasty flu bug. The flu turned into a sinus infection and put me on antibiotics for 10 days while I still felt bad. On April 30 my life changed forever when my wife gave birth to our first child.
My daughter Sofia Araceli has become my new and most enjoyable passion. She is 1 month old today and while we are still amateur parents, we have been able to learn some of her patterns and we think she trusts us enough to get settled into our home.
Our lives have settled down enough that I was able to get a quick 10 mile ride in today. The bike had about 20 PSI in the tires, the chain was squeaking, my helmet felt like it didn’t fit anymore, my wrists got tired, my left knee felt tight, my butt hurts and I was out of breath on the smallest hills.
It was a perfect ride.
I love this sport and this forum. Thanks for still being here after my hiatus. I hope to ride daily but I’ll see what Sofia says about that.
Andy

DRZRM
05-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Congrats on the arrival of Sofia. I have two boys under the age of 4 in the house. Invest in a Chariot (or similar) trailer, and prepare to ride much, MUCH slower. I love it, there is always someone to chat with on my rides now. I don't even mind the stop at the playground on the way home.

bart998
05-31-2012, 12:52 AM
Congrats on the new family addition! I've got 3 daughters, your life will never be the same. Set an example for her, ride, and take her with you! My daughters all loved riding in our Burley trailer.

roguedog
05-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Congrats and welcome to Sofia! Get what riding you can in for some balance but enjoy these moments with the new boss :-)

MattTuck
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
I think towing a trailer sounds like a really good power workout...

congrats man. That's how I feel every spring.

1happygirl
05-31-2012, 10:17 AM
Awwww. Congratulations. Enjoy these times.

oliver1850
05-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Nice to have you back with us. Does this mean you're searching for Serottas again?

Andrewlcox
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Thanks Mark. Yes, I'm always looking and have my eyes on one right now.

Andy