PDA

View Full Version : Not the Alps

majorpat
05-30-2012, 05:51 AM
But it was a pretty decent ride, up on a "high" ridge on Monday in southern CNY. Tried a new road that I knew went uphill, had a pretty steep section that was tough. Ended up on a great length of road that went to gravel for a bit and back to asphalt before swooping down to the west into the valley south of Otisco Lake. Always jealous of Velotel's vignettes...still jealous, but some poor dude in NYC may be jealous of me now.

That's the Surly Pacer I built up over the winter, Sugino triple, DT shifters and such. That bike certainly punches above its weight. $400 for frame and fork! I find myself on it more and more.

Still want to go to the Alps, maybe BBD will stow me away in a bike case on his trip.

Pat

LouDeeter
05-30-2012, 05:59 AM
Your picture captures for me the joy of cycling--taking the road less traveled.

cycle_chic
05-30-2012, 06:36 AM
That road looks like it goes on forever.

This is the road that never ends...yes it goes on and on, my friends...(Lamb Chop's Play-Along, anyone?)

jr59
05-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Looks and sounds like a good day.

But if you are going to compare your rides with Velotel's, You might want to work on you photographic skills, or get BBD to shoot the pics! :p

AngryScientist
05-30-2012, 06:53 AM
nice. i think the riding up in that part of NY is some of the best on the east coast. nice work.

majorpat
05-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Here's the downhill after the ridgetop road, nice and cool after the climb. Finally, an old cemetery along the valley floor, if anyone wants to ride up my way, give me a call.
I'll get a real camera a la BB Dave someday. You mean that my intentionally crappy cell phone images aren't as hip as those faux 70's instagrams? Balls.
Pat

cnighbor1
05-30-2012, 10:03 PM
has photos of all europe mountain passes that road bikes can ride

Earl Gray
05-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Great Pics