PDA

View Full Version : Draftmaster hitch racks ?

Smiley
09-11-2005, 02:59 PM
any experiance , good or bad , I have a 1 1/4 inch reciever on the Ford Escape , sounds like a better solution then top mounting the bikes . Comments please .

aLexis
09-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Smiley,

Have you looked at the Sportworks racks? Thule bought the company recently, but the product has not changed yet.
http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/product.asp?dept_id=8&sku=260121
We could not keep these racks in stock down in Austin. And in answer to your original question, no I have no experience with draftmaster.

-Alexis

harlond
09-11-2005, 04:18 PM
I have a Hollywood rack for the 1 1/4 receiver on my Honda, and I love it. Goes on and off in under one minute (fits easily in my trunk when I'm not using it), allows me to take bikes to the underground parking garage at work without fear of "roofing" them, is convenient to load and unload. Also, while it does not obstruct the view, I can see the bike in the rear view mirror as I drive, and for whatever reason, I like that. I loved my rooftop rack, but I love my hitch rack more. I've had it for 7 years and I'll probably still have it after the car is gone. Get one.

vaxn8r
09-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I thought about buying one a few year ago. One for the tandem and a couple of extra single mounts. When I found that it was going to run me about $800 I looked elsewhere. Don't know if the prices have come back down to earth.

dave thompson
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I used a Draftmaster Hitchmaster for our van and used it for the tandem and solo bikes. It worked very well and was the best way to transport the tandem that I could find.