PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on wheel build?

DAG
05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Trying to pick up a polished-ti Fierte IT, and I'm wondering how best to complement it with a wheelset.

I'm shifting to this frame because of a car accident that left me with a lingering neck stiffness- taller headtube is nice. I'll be going for plush, comfortable, and low-maintenance, so I'm wondering about wheels. I'm 5'6", 180- that may go down about 10 once I'm riding regularly again. The Ksyriums are going away- any suggestions on 28-32h goodness to replace it?

oldpotatoe
05-30-2012, 07:50 AM
Trying to pick up a polished-ti Fierte IT, and I'm wondering how best to complement it with a wheelset.

I'm shifting to this frame because of a car accident that left me with a lingering neck stiffness- taller headtube is nice. I'll be going for plush, comfortable, and low-maintenance, so I'm wondering about wheels. I'm 5'6", 180- that may go down about 10 once I'm riding regularly again. The Ksyriums are going away- any suggestions on 28-32h goodness to replace it?

Record or DA hubs, DT 465 rear, DT 415 front. OR A23 is ya want to do that fat rim gig. 32h all around, DT Comps all around, laced 3 cross with brass nipps....

No reason to do 28h front...does nuthin, little lighter but not more reliable.

thwart
05-30-2012, 08:30 AM
plush, comfortable, and low-maintenance

What Peter said... I'd do A23's (or Hed C2's) if all of the above is a requirement, myself.