PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't ask for a better champion.

bobswire
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11976/Tim-Duggan-solos-to-USA-professional-road-race-title.aspx

Seems we had a run of good guys winning races lately. :banana:

ty7180
05-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Agree. Just got back from the race. It was a very humid day and Tim was off the front for a long time. Well deserved.

thashicray
05-28-2012, 05:04 PM
After seeing him turn himself inside-out last week in the ATOC, he looked like our version of Jens Voigt.

ultraman6970
05-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Did he get his nose fixed in the same doctor than Michael Jackson ???

peanutgallery
05-28-2012, 05:14 PM
that's a little rough. do you know him or something?

ultraman6970
05-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Just his nose looks weird in the picture thats all, that's why my black humor.

Nothing against him, yes the guy is pretty good, saw him in the ToC towing everybody for miles and miles.

bobswire
05-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Just his nose looks weird in the picture thats all, that's why my black humor.

Nothing against him, yes the guy is pretty good, saw him in the ToC towing everybody for miles and miles.

Duggan had a cleft lip and surgery as a kid as a consequence the nose
was also repaired. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleft_lip_and_palate

FixedNotBroken
05-28-2012, 05:41 PM

Wow...you're hilarious. Research cleft lip and palates.

FlashUNC
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Considering three years ago the guy was suffering a pretty serious brain injury in the Tour de Georgia, I definitely think one of the good guys won today.

mrk_d
05-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Good to see. He's been suffering like a champ lately.

firerescuefin
05-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Considering three years ago the guy was suffering a pretty serious brain injury in the Tour de Georgia, I definitely think one of the good guys won today.

Serious....like they wondered if he would every ride again...serious, like he says he still doesn't feel like himself. Great victory.:)

Cleft pallet stuff...cmon bro:no:

LegendRider
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
I was at the race today - hanging out on Paris Mountain near Hincapie's home. A few observations:

Hincapie had quite the party in front of his house - tents, speakers blaring bad music, food and lots of Spanish being spoken. One was reminded of his Colombian roots!

Garmin looked good for most of the race and clearly had the most talent there, but they couldn't deliver.

Horner was a no show which was a disappointment. I haven't seen him race since Tour de GA.

Ben King rode an old Leopard bike. I heard something at sign-in about a lost bike... Don't know the full story.

The heat and humidity combined with the Paris Mountain climb (4x) made for a very selective race. The look of suffering at the KOM line equaled what I've seen at the Tour or classics. The last time up the mountain was sheer devastation. Tejay attacked at the base and there literally was no more peloton - just ones and twos.

The crowd was enthusiastic but relatively sparse. The upside was I could see all four ascents of Paris Mountain and still make it to downtown for the finish.

Finally, my friends saw Melanie Hincapie in the BMC car and said she's even better looking in person than photographs. :)

Next year Chattanooga!

bobswire
05-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Next year Chattanooga!

Did someone say Chattanooga....... now you're talking.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzHIn5S-RbY :hello::hello::hello::hello:

oldpotatoe
05-29-2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/11976/Tim-Duggan-solos-to-USA-professional-road-race-title.aspx

Seems we had a run of good guys winning races lately. :banana:

Local boy, we have the pleasure of keepin' his bike workin when he's in the republic. Great win, genuinely nice guy.

ultraman-that was a stoopid post.....both of them...not humor of anykind or color.

Fixed
05-29-2012, 08:02 AM
he rode with panache
i salute him well done young man :banana:cheers

tbi ....
he just became one of my favorite bike racers

tiretrax
05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
He will wear the stars and stripes well. I hope he makes the TDF team. I've really enjoyed watching these young guys mature, and he embodies the best things about the USA.

bobswire
05-29-2012, 08:58 AM
Local boy, we have the pleasure of keepin' his bike workin when he's in the republic. Great win, genuinely nice guy.

ultraman-that was a stoopid post.....both of them...not humor of anykind or color.

I think she can be included in the "good guy/gal" category. Great story.
http://www.dailycamera.com/cycling/ci_20730196/boulders-stevens-bids-olympics

BumbleBeeDave
05-29-2012, 09:23 AM
No it wasn't fiunny and yes he stuck his foot in his mouth--but who among us hasn't done the same at one time or another? Sounds like he regrets it . . .

BBD

Fixed
05-29-2012, 09:26 AM
No it wasn't fiunny and yes he stuck his foot in his mouth--but who among us hasn't done the same at one time or another? Sounds like he regrets it . . .

BBD

Agreed :)

redir
05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
That was a hell of a ride. IT's got to be brutal out there on your own in that race.