PDA

View Full Version : it was criteo.com, not Craigslist - next advertising dog?

eddief
05-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Just in the last few days I have noticed every time I open a CL ad, at the bottom is some unrelated POS. Is it my new Windows 7 operating system or CL joining the rest. Is there a setting to turn this off :)?

DRietz
05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Just in the last few days I have noticed every time I open a CL ad, at the bottom is some unrelated POS. Is it my new Windows 7 operating system or CL joining the rest. Is there a setting to turn this off :)?

You mean the words? Those are ad keywords so the sale appears under many search queries. It's dumb and annoying, by far, but whatchya gonna do?

slidey
05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
What do you exactly mean? A bunch of keywords is it? If so, then yes it's been the trend for some time now, albeit not universal.

However to add to the Craigslist woes, I've found an increasing number of scamsters using it of late. In years past, the "-by owner" section would be protected from marketing BS but now "dealers" post freely on "owner" sections, scamsters run rife, etc.

at the bottom is some unrelated POS.

eddief
05-28-2012, 12:45 PM
but an obvious display ad from some outside source...every single time.

dustyrider
05-28-2012, 01:00 PM
What browser are you using, cause firefox gives no such ads.

Man do I hate keywords, there are BMX sellers using Serotta as a key word, I mean really!

eddief
05-28-2012, 01:05 PM
deleted cookies and now all is ok. i swear, where does all this sh*t come from?

What browser are you using, cause firefox gives no such ads.

Man do I hate keywords, there are BMX sellers using Serotta as a key word, I mean really!