PDA

View Full Version : A couple of nice stories in the LBS Saturday

Fishbike
05-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I was hanging around the LBS Saturday waiting for my Campy-can't-put-it-on-with-usual-tools-crank to be installed. I was happy to wait, talk bikes and ogle some bike stuff.

A young father bounded in and headed straight toward the kids' bike and grabbed a tiny red balance bike. "This is for my 3 1/5 year old son. He has Down's Syndrome. He uses one like it in therapy. He loves it. I am getting it." I said, "Every kid should have a bike." He said, "Yah, he is going to love it!" The dad's utter glee in buying the bike for his son is what charmed me.

A little while later a young woman in her twenties came in with her mom. The young woman stated that she started renting Boston Hubway bikes, really enjoyed riding and now wants one of her own. So maybe, just maybe, the Boston city's bike-sharing program has created another cyclist!

It's all good.

Bruce K
05-28-2012, 11:43 AM
It's amazing how those push bikes (aka Flintstone bikes) have made riding a bicycle more "desirable" for a young kid than training wheels seem to.

Cool story.

BK

bobswire
05-28-2012, 12:25 PM
It's amazing how those push bikes (aka Flintstone bikes) have made riding a bicycle more "desirable" for a young kid than training wheels seem to.

Cool story.

BK

Built a couple and gave one to my nephew, he learned to balance so when he got his first pedal bike training wheels were not necessary.