PDA

View Full Version : bike aesthetics 3: sloping top tube and brooks swift?

Serpico
09-10-2005, 08:08 PM
hot or not?

matte finish concours, sloping top tube (my inseam is slightly short for my height).

would like to pimp this out with brooks swift saddle and brooks bar tape--but the slope and the brooks seem like two different aesthetics

and please don't tell me how much you hate slope, it's done ;) the bike just came back from the factory

http://wallbike.com/brooks/06%20line/jpgs/leathertape.jpg

Bill Bove
09-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Go for it. I bet it will look cool. Moustache bars would really rock on it too.

Smiley
09-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Totally Geek , but NICE :banana:

Jeremy
09-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi Serpico,

Generally Brooks saddles work better with un upward slope to the nose, this results in a flatter back section for sit bone support. Maybe this would balance the lines between the top tube and the saddle and look great. Just a thought.

Jeremy

Serotta PETE
09-11-2005, 06:49 AM
I think it will look very nice with the matt finish and brooks. (this includes the sloping TT.). I could even go for that,

Post some pictures when you have it built up/. PETE :banana:

Climb01742
09-11-2005, 07:34 AM
screw everything else. if it pleases you, do it. sometimes contrasts are awesome. the most "stylish" woman i ever saw was a 40/50ish french woman in paris who was wearing an older chanel wool jacket with worn levi's. the contrast was perfect.

dave thompson
09-11-2005, 08:11 AM
Nah, I think the Swift is the perfect timeless saddle, that would look good on anything built from the 1930s to today. Hell, a Swift would even look good on a Litespeed. (gasp!) The Swift is a minimalist/retro piece that says that you've been there, done that, and have the saddle to prove it.

As for the Brooks handlbar tape, well I've go my order in.

sevencyclist
09-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I have a Seven titanium hardtail mountain bike with sloping top tube. It has Swift saddle in Brown and the look is elegant. No problem at all, so go for it.

Serotta PETE
09-13-2005, 12:57 PM
screw everything else. if it pleases you, do it. sometimes contrasts are awesome. the most "stylish" woman i ever saw was a 40/50ish french woman in paris who was wearing an older chanel wool jacket with worn levi's. the contrast was perfect.

Was it Sandy....????

billrick
09-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I say go for it.

At one point I was running a Brooks Swift on a Softride beam bike. I usually don't worry about looks, but that one probably crossed over the line of acceptable aesthetics! Plus it was impossible to break the saddle in with the bouncedy beam.