PDA

View Full Version : Rear-View Camera for Bike

ahmose
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
No joke ! Read view bike camera (http://gearjunkie.com/rear-view-camera-for-bike)

tuxbailey
05-25-2012, 04:02 PM
It would be nice if it has a recording function.

But the screen is dorky....

wss
05-25-2012, 04:15 PM
It would be nice if it has a recording function.

But the screen is dorky....

I had the same thought here a while ago in a different discussion.
Someone posted the link below, about this company at the time.
It has taken a long time to get it to market.

http://cerevellum.com/hindsight.aspx

tuxbailey
05-25-2012, 04:30 PM
I had the same thought here a while ago in a different discussion.
Someone posted the link below, about this company at the time.
It has taken a long time to get it to market.

http://cerevellum.com/hindsight.aspx

That actually looks very decent.

Bradford
05-25-2012, 04:50 PM
It would be nice on the tandem, it is a lot harder to see around my wife and she isn't all that good at describing what is coming up.

Bob Loblaw
05-25-2012, 04:56 PM
I would think this a better use of electronic technology than e-shifting, especially for sprinters who are always having to look behind to keep track of opponents. Shows you what I know.

BL

1happygirl
05-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Very cool ideas. The Cervellum? looks the coolest, natch, it's more expensive.
I think though both handlebar screens are too big. With a Garmin and other stuff, front of your bike starts to look like a cockpit.
(even though if someone gave me one, I wouldn't turn it down)

ultraman6970
05-26-2012, 07:40 AM
I totally see a fred using this, like if it was so hard to be aware of averything that surrounds you.

wallymann
05-26-2012, 09:58 AM
...my motorcycle!

i have a sport bike and the mirrors are pretty good for looking at your elbows and that's about all.

if the camera on the cervellum is small, i could tuck it in the tail-piece and fit the screen up under the fairing. remove those lame mirrors and i'd have a good rearward view and a much cleaner looking bike to boot!

martinrjensen
05-26-2012, 12:03 PM
I'm thinking that the only thing she needs to be looking for is a car behind you coming up fast. She can describe that right?It would be nice on the tandem, it is a lot harder to see around my wife and she isn't all that good at describing what is coming up.

tiretrax
05-26-2012, 04:48 PM
I saw that a few days ago. If it incorporated a computer, I would be willing to get one. Otherwise, why have another huge screen on my handlebars?

oldpotatoe
05-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I totally see a fred using this, like if it was so hard to be aware of averything that surrounds you.

glad somebody said it. saw a guy with 3, yep, 3 'screens' on his handlebars. Knew one was a BIG GPS...I was about 2 miles from Boulder, casually asked, 'so do you know where we are'?..he started with lat/long....like that meant anything at all...lessee, let me get my chart out.....

gdw
05-27-2012, 08:46 AM
"glad somebody said it. saw a guy with 3, yep, 3 'screens' on his handlebars. Knew one was a BIG GPS...I was about 2 miles from Boulder, casually asked, 'so do you know where we are'?..he started with lat/long....like that meant anything at all...lessee, let me get my chart out..... "

I hope one of those devices was a Spot unit so he could summon help if he gets lost riding up Flagstaff.

William
05-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Honestly I can't see myself using something like that on a bike. I can only think of one instance off the top of my head where it might have made sense..

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=7430&highlight=teens

...but even then there would have been nothing I could do about it. So far I've been able to scan my surroundings just fine with out the added expense and clutter.

William

PS: I was riding yesterday and came up on that same spot on the hill I talked about in the linked thread and saw skid marks begin just past the crest of the hill. Whether they were airborne or not I couldn't tell. The skid marks turn sideways, cross the center line over the opposite lane and continue for about ten to fifteen yards through grass and dirt and end with an impact into a quintessential New England rock wall.

Bradford
05-27-2012, 11:17 AM
I'm thinking that the only thing she needs to be looking for is a car behind you coming up fast. She can describe that right?

Seems reasonable, but you would be surprised.

On the tandem, I like to know when anything is coming up on me, fast cars, trucks, slow cars, bikes...all good things to know, especially when there is a turn coming up. My wife has a tendency to zone out and not notice, and when I ask what is behind me, it usually takes her a long time to get out an answer. Most times I have to look around her to figure out what is there.

martinrjensen
05-27-2012, 11:50 AM
OK, on a tandum I will give you that one.Seems reasonable, but you would be surprised.

On the tandem, I like to know when anything is coming up on me, fast cars, trucks, slow cars, bikes...all good things to know, especially when there is a turn coming up. My wife has a tendency to zone out and not notice, and when I ask what is behind me, it usually takes her a long time to get out an answer. Most times I have to look around her to figure out what is there.