PDA

View Full Version : Basso

Fixed
05-25-2012, 08:30 AM
I never liked him much as a rider he was enhanced and a friend of l.a. And all that suff .
But as an older rider he seems to be making the most of his considerable talents it dose not hurt any that he has a strong team around him.imho They look totally pro
Cheers.

tsarpepe
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Liquigas has dominated the Giro so completely, it feels like Rod and Hesjedal are stealing it from Basso. The fact is, he is not as good as them. Great team, not-so-great a captain.

jeduardo
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Basso is very good a using up a strong corporate team, but these days he is no longer a strong enough rider to confidently step over their fallen bodies to any pertinent victories (no longer a GT GC contender).
This Leaky-gas team needs a real leader.

cfox
05-25-2012, 11:58 AM
Never a fan. The aww shucks routine works like catnip on the tifosi, but not me. I find him unbelievably boring, no spark, just grinding away in the saddle. I've never seen anyone look so slow while going fast. Evans is also a grinder, but at least he can TT (not to mention give some funny interviews).

Lovetoclimb
05-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Where are his attacks to try and take time back? I wondered the same about Nibali in the AToC. Big fuss about them vying for the respective wins and yet they kind of just hang around seemingly content with a top 10

EDS
05-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Basso is very good a using up a strong corporate team, but these days he is no longer a strong enough rider to confidently step over their fallen bodies to any pertinent victories (no longer a GT GC contender).
This Leaky-gas team needs a real leader.

Basso may not be super man, but the guy IS a grand tour contender based on (i) the fact that he is currently only a few seconds off the podium in a grand tour after 19 stages and (ii) he has won a few grand tours before.

ultraman6970
05-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Basso's palmares is huge... I find them boring too but the guy is not bad at all. He climbs fast and steady tempo, he is not a pure climber either that's why in the climbs is he pretty boring.

monkeybanana86
05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I like watching him. have y'll noticed how it looks like he has a small smile the whole way through even on tough climbs? just a steady smile the whole way. I think it's funny. If you see me going up hills my face looks like it's all scrunched up.