PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader In A Kilt On A Unicycle Playing Bagpipes

MealsOnWheels
05-23-2012, 10:12 PM
No - this is not me, I came across it on YouTube and I can't stop laughing. Enjoy everyone and Happy Friday - have great weekend rides!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTniWCh0nwo

:banana::beer::beer::banana:

54ny77
05-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Very funny stuff. Love the Yoda-esque comment: "Sense, This makes none."

learningtoride
05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
:

thinpin
05-23-2012, 10:55 PM
A multi talented man.

eippo1
05-23-2012, 11:40 PM
Hah awesome.

schwa86
05-24-2012, 05:31 AM
One of the best subject lines of any posted video on here -- I got just what I expected -- very funny!

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2012, 05:50 AM
. . . MOST impressive! :D

BTW, I am your father, Viper!

BBD

William
05-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Well, I guess after he sold out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJxhDCTEvVY&feature=related) he could spend all of his free time learning new hobbies....like unicycle bagpiping.:)

William

Nooch
05-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Very funny stuff. Love the Yoda-esque comment: "Sense, This makes none."

I believe if it were correct yoda, it would be "No sense this makes hmmmm"

Viper
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Well, I guess after he sold out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJxhDCTEvVY&feature=related) he could spend all of his free time learning new hobbies....like unicycle bagpiping.:)

William

George Lucas. We should've seen this coming when he made a neat movie, 'American Graffiti', then six years later helped make, 'More American Grafitti'. I applaud 'THX1138', Star Wars IV, V and VI, as well as two of the 'Indiana' movies (most of them sucked).

Overlooked are his efforts with 'Willow', a neat story, worth watching. Lucas has some outstanding achievements behind the camera and with ideas on paper, stories of science fiction, fantasty and intrigue. With such a long resume, there are so many duds, voids and bad droids, which make you ask, "What was he thinking?"

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000184/

He was divorced in 1983, is this the mark at which his career hiccuped? Did he tailspin into sadness after this event? Did he lose a confidant, a close friend, wife, who could tell him he sucked at mowing the lawn, "And that Ewok bullsh*t made-for-tv movie is garbage, George"? Or did he show us who he really was with the utterly disgusting, 'Star Wars Christmas Movie'?

American Grafitti, More American Grafitti. Star Wars, More Star Wars. Indiana Jones, More Indiana Jones. Why not a sequel to some of his most interesting work, THX1138?

What Lucas has allowed with one Mr. Darth Vader is shameful. Vader sold up because Lucas sold out. Vader is supposed to be cloned, grown again in Episode VIII. True evil never dies and the Evil Emperor, Vader's boss, knew this to be true. Search your feelings, you all know that Vader and his pimp are sitting in a cave right now, growing clones, buidling an army and another Death Star with more horsepowah. Alright, alright, I approve of the soccer commercial, but that is it! Should JAWS have done toothpaste and floss commercials? The Terminator do skincare product endorsements? Han Solo do Trojan I Shot First Condom commercials, "Because I don't dump my cargo at the first sign of Imperial ships"?

:cool:

tiretrax
05-24-2012, 08:26 AM
So, are you saying you can't ride a unicycle and play the bagpipes while in character? I thought this forum had the most talented people in the world.

Dekonick
05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Darth McVader!

Viper
05-24-2012, 09:03 AM
So, are you saying you can't ride a unicycle and play the bagpipes while in character? I thought this forum had the most talented people in the world.

Note how I have not touched the subject of my ability to ride a unicycle, nor ownership of a Darth Vader uniform, let alone my full-blooded Irishness for the bagpipes, muchless the fact I am one of the inventors of YouTube. I am using The Force to deflect the thread away from all of this and blame George Lucas.

:beer:

tiretrax
05-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Note how I have not touched the subject of my ability to ride a unicycle, nor ownership of a Darth Vader uniform, let alone my full-blooded Irishness for the bagpipes, muchless the fact I am one of the inventors of YouTube. I am using The Force to deflect the thread away from all of this and blame George Lucas.

Now that Lucas plans to build low income housing at the site he proposed for his studio, he'll be sainted and that will overshadow his crass commercialization.

Viper
05-24-2012, 11:51 AM
Now that Lucas plans to build low income housing at the site he proposed for his studio, he'll be sainted and that will overshadow his crass commercialization.

Marin County, where his Ranch resides, is one of the wealthiest areas in all of America. It's also one of the most politcally liberal. Oh the dichotomy!

Marin County officials tell Big George, "You cannot expand your movie-making Ranch." Big George gives them a f*ck you reply, "Great. Then I'll sell my land to a developer to build income housing."

http://www.smh.com.au/world/george-lucas-strikes-back-20120522-1z2qn.html

Brilliant strategy: give me the permit and paperwork to build my movie-making expansion...or...I'll give my land to the people you rich folks are afraid of, the kind of people you don't want to see in your hood. Marin officials and neighbors are now in fear of Big George's plan. "It's inciting class warfare," said Carolyn Lenert, head of the North San Rafael Coalition of Residents.

Note to Ms. Carolyn Lenert...class warfare only exists if you make it occur. As head of that Marin Millionaire's Club/Coalition of Residents, maybe you should spend time workin' at the car wash, instead of working at your Non For Profit.

I don't have a Wookie in this fight. I do find it interesting, silly, social, political and boring all at once. I believe in the end, George's plan will Force the Marin County officials to kneel to the powah of the fear, fear of seeing poh' people on their streets. Somewhat sad overall that poor people, just their image, is being used as a ploy, plot and plan.

Marin: May the Force be with you. Only if you are wealthy? (not a great bumper sticker). Marin dances to it's own beat. Then again, so do many parts of California. Berkeley: Too small to be it's own nation-state and too big to be a Psychiatric Center. (now that's a funny bumper sticker).

George, we are ready for Episode VIII: Revenge of the Meek.

Dekonick
05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
I hope he does build some moderate income housing. Not all low and moderate income residents are drug dealers and thugs... some are just folks trying to get their heads above water... it is when low/moderate income housing is poorly managed that issues develop. Properly managed, it is a way to help people rise up and become productive and valuable members of society. Strong management means evicting trouble - making sure properties are maintained and clean, etc...

:eek:

A rich person who might have to have a poor neighbor? Yet that same person will have that same poor individual mow their lawn, clean the house, etc...

So why not make it so your help can live in the same town? Is that so bad?

:banana:

Reminds me of Aspen housing...

Viper
05-24-2012, 01:24 PM
I hope he does build some moderate income housing. Not all low and moderate income residents are drug dealers and thugs... some are just folks trying to get their heads above water... it is when low/moderate income housing is poorly managed that issues develop. Properly managed, it is a way to help people rise up and become productive and valuable members of society. Strong management means evicting trouble - making sure properties are maintained and clean, etc...

A rich person who might have to have a poor neighbor? Yet that same person will have that same poor individual mow their lawn, clean the house, etc...

Some of the biggest scumbags are wealthy, right and hey, the issue also displays that hardcore liberals/Marin County can be a). very wealthy b). afraid of lower-class citizens c). incite class warfare when it's NIMBYISM and d). just like everyone else, hypocritical.

If Lucas' Ranch was in hardcore Baptist region of Texas, he'd be threatening to sell property to an Aetheist housing developer. Me? I wanna sell Boston back to the Brits as the place is a dump, sell New Jersey back to the first lungfish who came from the ocean and crawled across it's swamp and let us take the money and buy Greece. :) Good weather, food and nice area to bike.

While I don't love what Lucas is doing, he is making a solid point to Marin County: you rich white folks ain't gonna like it if I fill my Ranch with what you perecive to be Tusken Raiders. Land, when it involves government, religion, class or money, becomes sticky and it often involves at least one of them.

cliffnotes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDThrTxWBmw

Utini! We are all Jawas making our way through the desert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvBkqvHOzw

tiretrax
05-24-2012, 01:58 PM

The drug dealers in Aspen don't have gold teeth; they have gold 401k's.

Viper
05-24-2012, 02:12 PM
The drug dealers in Aspen don't have gold teeth; they have gold 401k's.

They hide it up in Telluride
And man it's here to stay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7uKjo_URBo

Dekonick
05-24-2012, 04:47 PM
Aspen housing is largely donated housing that is for Aspen residents who work in the town. You know, a town like Aspen needs waiters, cooks, masseuses, nurses, lawn care workers, maids, clerks, ski bums... I mean ski lift operators, etc...

Aspen partially solved this by having Aspen Company housing (for employees of Aspen Ski Co.) and the town has Aspen Housing - properties given to this organization for the sole purpose of helping local families live in what would otherwise be an unaffordable place. Rules - can't sell for profit, you sell it for what you buy it for - and it is all based on a lottery of 'qualified' residents. A generous and clever way to partially solve the housing problem.

Lucas might be doing it because he is pissed at his snooty neighbors... but either way, I believe it is HIS land... and he can do with it as he pleases... more or less...

:fight: :no: :butt:

tiretrax
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Aspen housing is largely donated housing that is for Aspen residents who work in the town. You know, a town like Aspen needs waiters, cooks, masseuses, nurses, lawn care workers, maids, clerks, ski bums... I mean ski lift operators, etc...

Aspen partially solved this by having Aspen Company housing (for employees of Aspen Ski Co.) and the town has Aspen Housing - properties given to this organization for the sole purpose of helping local families live in what would otherwise be an unaffordable place. Rules - can't sell for profit, you sell it for what you buy it for - and it is all based on a lottery of 'qualified' residents. A generous and clever way to partially solve the housing problem.

Lucas might be doing it because he is pissed at his snooty neighbors... but either way, I believe it is HIS land... and he can do with it as he pleases... more or less...

:fight: :no: :butt:
It's much better than back in the day when I was considering becoming a lift operator, cook, or instructor (back when there was as much snow in The Little Nell as on the mountain). Friends shared a 2 br house with 8 people and commuted 1 1/2 hours.

srice
05-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Darth Vader with a gun robs a bank on a BMX bike......

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/bank-robber/darth-vader-robs-bank-734801

MealsOnWheels
05-27-2012, 08:14 AM
LOL I FREAKIN LOVE YOU MEALS! you made my heartbreak over the loss of the game cheer up a little- who COULDNT laugh at that-
you rule! :hello:

The East conference fell to the Dark Side!!!