PDA

View Full Version : Giro Excitement

FootWorksCycles
05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Just had to share / brag a bit, cuz I've been jumping out of my skin all week watching the Giro. Garmin's Ryder Hesjedal is a client of mine, and he's wearing the custom cycling orthotics I've designed for him over the past 5 years. It's been a blast working with him to develop lighter, more durable, and more comfortable orthotics. I've just been so stoked to see him lead the Giro on and off over the past two weeks. Hopefully he stays where he is at 30 seconds back in 2nd place GC until the final day. He can easily take that back in the TT.

Louis
05-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Just had to share / brag a bit, cuz I've been jumping out of my skin all week watching the Giro. Garmin's Ryder Hesjedal is a client of mine, and he's wearing the custom cycling orthotics I've designed for him over the past 5 years.

Congratulations.

Whether or not that serves as good advertising for your services, it must be satisfying to see that.

Of course those of us who get free foot / shoe advice from you on the forum will expect similar results when we try our hands at this bike racing thing. ;)

Fixed
05-23-2012, 06:43 AM
He is riding very well
I am a fan hope he wins
Cheers
Thanks for your part

jpw
05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
Just had to share / brag a bit, cuz I've been jumping out of my skin all week watching the Giro. Garmin's Ryder Hesjedal is a client of mine, and he's wearing the custom cycling orthotics I've designed for him over the past 5 years. It's been a blast working with him to develop lighter, more durable, and more comfortable orthotics. I've just been so stoked to see him lead the Giro on and off over the past two weeks. Hopefully he stays where he is at 30 seconds back in 2nd place GC until the final day. He can easily take that back in the TT.

Cool.

I'm curious to know if he rides the same equipment when out training and away from the media lens?

FootWorksCycles
05-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Cool.

I'm curious to know if he rides the same equipment when out training and away from the media lens?

I know for a fact that he uses my equipment all the time. But, I am pretty sure he does use his team sponsored products all the time too. I have friends who have ridden with him and VDV on Maui and the report is that they are on in full kits and on their Cervelos.

RonW87
05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
...and the report is that they are on in full kits and on their Cervelos.

Contractually obligated.

rustychisel
05-23-2012, 11:18 PM
I have to say he's doing brilliantly, hope he finishes off the job. A couple more mountain stages to hang in there, then the ITT. Good luck to him.

Local TV presenter here managed to screw their coverage on the night I stayed up to watch... went to an ad break when the race lead crested the final climb then returned with talking heads doing a summary of the stage results.

***???!? I'd stayed up for the 18km descent into Cortina hoping for some real fire in the race, watched Basso's procession up the mountain and then...

Not pleased with SBS.

FootWorksCycles
05-24-2012, 10:05 AM
I have to say he's doing brilliantly, hope he finishes off the job. A couple more mountain stages to hang in there, then the ITT. Good luck to him.

Local TV presenter here managed to screw their coverage on the night I stayed up to watch... went to an ad break when the race lead crested the final climb then returned with talking heads doing a summary of the stage results.

***???!? I'd stayed up for the 18km descent into Cortina hoping for some real fire in the race, watched Basso's procession up the mountain and then...

Not pleased with SBS.

And that's why I spent the $20 to get the Universal Sports online pass. Sucks to have to buy it, but it is worth it.

Louis
05-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Congratulations, Neal :hello: :hello::hello: :banana::banana::banana:

deanster
05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
When I was a mere child a neighbor in Montreal, Canada raced bikes (1952) and had a CCM 5spd. I idolized him and would watch for hours while he worked on his bike for a race. When I was 10 we moved to the USA when my father was offered a job in the aircraft industry (lockheed from Canadaire).
In 1957 I purchased an Allegro special and started to ride in ernest. Been riding ever since. Raced in the late 50s and early 60s with Bob Parsons, Robert Hansing (Eurasia Imports), Fritz Leidle, Bill Best, Bob Tetzlaff, and the Disney Brothers. I am sure they considered me a pesky kid but, were always friendly and encouraging.
Ryder Hesjdal being Canadian brought back a wealth of memories. I don't think that I have watched a bike race that gave me more excitement than this Giro. The only exception was reading about the ride of Andy Hampsten over the Gavia in a raging snowstorm well after the race was over in a cycling mag. We really have it good these days being able to watch any race over the internet. Living in Boulder I am sure I will hear a lot about the Giro since Garmin-B is located here. Ironic the the two NA Giro riders have a relationship with Boulder, CO.
Wonderful riding by the 3 on the Podium. TdG rode one of the most epic and courageous efforts on the Mortirolo and Stelvio, both in my opinion more unbelievable climbs tougher than the TdF passes. Watching them climbing the Passo dello Setlvio after having ridden up from the other side two years ago took my breath away...Cycling is a great thing to watch and participate...at any level. Keep the rubber side down!