PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for sports medicine in Chicago?

raygunner
05-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Hey there!

Anyone have any recommendations for dr./sports medicine in Chicago?

I've been having some knee issues that sprung up recently and have yet to abate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken Robb
05-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Who is the team physician for Northwestern U. Athletics?

Louis
05-22-2012, 05:04 PM
I've been having some knee issues that sprung up recently and have yet to abate.

You've been on the forum long enough, so I'm sure you already know this, but it bears repeating:

Before resorting to a sports medicine guy who, unless he's a cyclist, probably knows very little about bikes, be 200% sure that your bike fit is correct. Only after getting that right is is worth (IMO) dealing with the non-cycling medical community.

raygunner
05-22-2012, 05:50 PM
I think its more repetitive stress with running. I don't think it's associated with riding. But thanks for the help, I have an appt ready to go.

Ralph
05-22-2012, 05:55 PM
For years my knees hurt all the time. Severely hampered exerise. Stopped taking statin drugs, pain went away. Now 20 years later....my knees are fine. I'm riding more than ever now at age 71.

Good luck getting your issues figured out.

Louis
05-22-2012, 05:58 PM
running

Ah, that says it all.

cnighbor1
05-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Could be tigth legs Massage therapy needed. but try some streathing 1st to see if pain is less than if it does get to a person who know deep muscle therpy

soupless
05-22-2012, 08:27 PM
I'd be willing to bet that there's somebody at Athletico with familiarity with cycling. Maybe the XXX brass could point you their way. Actually, I think the guy who founded Athletico is actually a cyclist and is the reason for XXX-Athletico.

Tony at Velosmith would probably know who to talk to as well.

Hard Fit
05-22-2012, 10:59 PM
My chiro uses office space at this office. I have no idea how good they are, but they seem to specialize in runners.

http://www.therunninginstitute.com/contact-us