PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Mercer island who would be willing to pick up and ship bike?

Mattbotak
05-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Anyone near Mercer Island in Seattle who would be willing to pick up a bike and ship to San Diego. Would be willing to send some cash your way for the help. Cheers, Matthew

EricEstlund
05-19-2012, 11:09 PM
If not, there are a bunch of nearby shops (http://g.co/maps/7uy7u) that could box and ship if the seller will bring it there.

Mattbotak
05-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Believe it or not the guy wants an extra $500 to ship over CL price, even if I cover the cost of packing or shipping.

Louis
05-19-2012, 11:33 PM
Believe it or not the guy wants an extra $500 to ship over CL price, even if I cover the cost of packing or shipping.

In that case, he's idiot (or greedy).

Mattbotak
05-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Greedy yes but I love the bike and it is rare and minty.

benitosan1972
05-19-2012, 11:54 PM

i wouldn't do business with a guy like that, even if the bike is your dream bike, he sounds a bit too shady to do a long-distance transaction with... care to disclose what you're chasing from over a thousand miles away?

Mattbotak
05-19-2012, 11:59 PM
An early 90's Klein.

Steelman
05-20-2012, 12:08 AM

Drive up there and pick it up. It is a 2 day drive. Dont have a vehicle? I rented a Kia Forte for a week, cost me $148 plus taxes, unlimited miles.

Plenty of rest areas (poor mans motel) and cheap places to eat along the interstate.

benitosan1972
05-20-2012, 12:10 AM
there are alot of Klein's for sale on Bay Area CL too,
and for that, you could make a mini-vacation out of it, drive up here to fetch it

Matt, if you are really into Kleins, there's a shop here
in San Jose that's like a 90's time capsule, they have NOS Klein road/mtb's
that have been sitting/hanging for over 2 decades, they need to be ridden, so hot

what size are you and what model do you fancy? i can check next time i'm there

Mattbotak
05-20-2012, 12:53 AM
After a 91 to 95 Klein Adroit or Attitude, fully rigid. Size small or medium.

I considered driving but I wouldn't put it past this guy backing out if he was offered more.

Moved down from the bay area in 2001...great riding both MTB and road. What is the shop in San Jose?

there are alot of Klein's for sale on Bay Area CL too,
and for that, you could make a mini-vacation out of it, drive up here to fetch it

Matt, if you are really into Kleins, there's a shop here
in San Jose that's like a 90's time capsule, they have NOS Klein road/mtb's
that have been sitting/hanging for over 2 decades, they need to be ridden, so hot

what size are you and what model do you fancy? i can check next time i'm there

hokoman
05-20-2012, 02:12 AM
Benito - can you pm me the shop name.... Maybe they have a 51cm road frameset hangin' out.

benitosan1972
05-20-2012, 02:29 AM
The shop is called Slough's

Owner is George Slough, kinda crazy but heart of gold,
knows bikes, Campy fan, and raises chickens in the back!

He has a wall full of NOS Klein road-MTB frames, I believe he has
some completes as well. He may sound a bit crotchety and surly on the phone if you call him, but I assure you he's legit. He has three back rooms that are STUFFED with parts, memorabilia, etc dating back to the 70's, I don't think he even knows what he has. Shamals, Alter stems, Cipo Oakleys, Record posts, everything & anything is in that shop.

He's even a Calfee dealer.

He's open M-W-F-Sat, or whenever he feels like it, lol!

jlwdm
05-20-2012, 08:27 AM
If not, there are a bunch of nearby shops (http://g.co/maps/7uy7u) that could box and ship if the seller will bring it there.

Veloce Velo on Mercer Island is a great shop. I had my Spectrum frame sent there by TK and they built it up. Always been easy to work with.

The list above is Seattle shops and does not include Mercer Island.

Jeff

CaptStash
05-20-2012, 08:47 AM
I'd be happy to do it for you.

I'll PM

CaptStash....

PS: I'm working on a 54cm Klein Quantum project myself. Neat bikes.

EricEstlund
05-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Veloce Velo on Mercer Island is a great shop. I had my Spectrum frame sent there by TK and they built it up. Always been easy to work with.

The list above is Seattle shops and does not include Mercer Island.

Jeff

If you hover over the dots on Mercer it shows Veloce and The Bike Lair. I included the Seattle shops to show the relatively large selection of options based on the poster and sellers preferences.

Mattbotak
05-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for all the brainstorming and support. Unfortunately sold today. Thanks anyway and happy riding.

cnighbor1
05-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Have him take to elliott bay cycles downtown seattle and have owner robert freeman ship it for you He is a freind of mine
Charles
PS Or ride it home
PSS Or pay me to ride it home for you paying motel etc cost
PSSS I am a slow rider