PDA

View Full Version : MX leader fork - wow!

slowgoing
09-08-2005, 11:23 PM
I’m going to be riding on some pretty weathered roads over the next few weeks, including some with long climbs and descents. I thought it would be fun to design a hybrid bike for these conditions by mixing and matching frames and forks. I have a Colnago Masterlight that is very comfortable and descends like an animal because of its slack head tube angle (71.5 degrees), and I thought it would be nice to pair it with a sturdy, comfortable fork. At first I thought I would put on the F1 from my Atlanta, but then I remembered that I have that monster of a steel fork from the MX Leader. I put them together, and jeesh, what a comfortable ride for cruising along and bombing down hills. I’ve never had more confidence in my bike. Much better than the MX leader frame, which I found doesn’t like to go uphill, at least with my lowly power output. I wish I had tried that MX leader fork on other frames a long time ago. It really smooths out the ride like an old Caddy.

shinomaster
09-09-2005, 01:25 AM
Show us a picture!

Climb01742
09-09-2005, 04:20 AM
my mx leader is the most confidence inspiring frame i've ever ridden for descending. and this from the biggest descending wuss on the planet.