PDA

View Full Version : Is Chris Chance building again?

d_douglas
05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
I saw in a thread here that someone ran into Chris Chance and that he is building frames again - is this true?

Does anyone know if he is building for the public? I see a dream of a ti disc braked CX bike floating in my head here . . . . .

Nothing turned up on Google, 'cept for 1,000,000 threads on vintage Fats and MTB history kind of stuff.

Kirk Pacenti
05-16-2012, 05:53 AM
I saw in a thread here that someone ran into Chris Chance and that he is building frames again - is this true?

Does anyone know if he is building for the public? I see a dream of a ti disc braked CX bike floating in my head here . . . . .

Nothing turned up on Google, 'cept for 1,000,000 threads on vintage Fats and MTB history kind of stuff.

To the best of my knowledge he's working in the 'healing arts' in San Francisco.

He was wandering the isles in at the NAHBS show in Sacramento, but I haven't heard anything about him building frames again. Would be cool though...

Cheers,
KP

likebikes
05-16-2012, 05:58 AM
he is absolutely not building again.

last thing he was building was wrought-iron patio furniture.

d_douglas
05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
I see, maybe the OP simply meant that he was 'building' (anything) again, i.e., wrought iron patio furniture.

What are the healing arts? Is that code for selling reefer? :)

I am not sure if it is just mystique or whether his bikes were genuinely that good, but I have heard nothing but good things about Fat Chances. They were certainly cool looking bikes.

Cheers,

D

Kirk Pacenti
05-16-2012, 06:45 AM
I see, maybe the OP simply meant that he was 'building' (anything) again, i.e., wrought iron patio furniture.

What are the healing arts? Is that code for selling reefer? :)

I am not sure if it is just mystique or whether his bikes were genuinely that good, but I have heard nothing but good things about Fat Chances. They were certainly cool looking bikes.

Cheers,

D

Mostly massage... http://www.riverguidess.com/RBCM.html

The bikes were great and had mystique. And they had a huge influence on my career and more. Heck, I even named my first born son Chance! ;)

Cheers,
KP

d_douglas
05-16-2012, 06:53 AM
That is cool on all counts. It is weird that some guy who is so seminal in one industry is now anonymously (to most) pursuing some other career altogether.

I wouldn't recognize him if I saw him in the street, so it would go over my head until I asked him his name.

Cool ::