PDA

View Full Version : The Day You Got Your First Serotta

climbhigh
02-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Do you remember the day you got your first Serotta? Today was that first day for me. What a beauty a legend st. Polished with two green panels, one with the whole name the other just the S. The bike is very much about the materials, polished ti and clear carbon. Very understated and really cool. It was fun to have the lbs guys drooling.

It had snowed yesterday, and as I left the store they all wanted to know if I was going for a ride. I said no, it is too sloppy out. I'll get out for a couple of hours on my mtb or my #2 if it looks ok, but this baby is gonna be pampered. On the way home I said "NO WAY" it's looking dryer and dryer as I got closer to home. Yea out for 2.5 hrs on that beauty. What a refined ride. It was just delightful. Mid 40s, blue sky, riding just as the sun set.

I've enjoyed reading your astute conversations over a broad range of issues. I look forward to learning a lot from you guys now that I am a participant.

Would love to hear some first time stories from some of the group.

Kevin
02-20-2004, 08:44 PM
Nothing beats your first time. You remember it forever. The best thing is that you get to experience it again and again every time you take another ride.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
02-20-2004, 09:02 PM
. . . the day the Tour started, is the day I picked up the Queen Bee at Belmont Wheelworks in boston.

Half a dozen people came over to drool on it. And with good reason, because it looked like the hottest bike in the known UNIVERSE.

Still does, at least to me.

BBDave

Russ
02-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by BumbleBeeDave
. . . because it looked like the hottest bike in the known UNIVERSE.

You see, Bee, you don't have to be jealous of my CSI. I do agree with you. Your bike is one heck of a nice looking bike! Why don't you post some pix for us in the new forum? I was only able to see it on the old forum's gallery.

Elefantino
02-21-2004, 08:34 AM
July 7, 2001 was the day I fell and broke my neck. That, and my subsequent auto accident, led me to dump my Trek (and my Specialized) for two Serottas, the remaining one of which is my beloved CSi.

Oooooooooooooooooh. Cue Rod Serling. :eek:

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2004, 08:56 AM
I did post pics of the Queen Bee . . . same ones as one the old forum, and they have disappeared. I think they have some sort of dated purge on the gallery, or else when the server filled up last week Alyson’s “housekeeping” included some “Queen Bee-o-cide”

I will post them again! :crap: :crap: :crap:

BBD

gwk
02-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Dated purge....hmmmm...that sounds like an illness

Climb01742
02-21-2004, 11:12 AM
hey, bbdave, i didn't know you got your bike at belmont. how come you travelled so far? i spend part of almost every weekend there. love the place. do you remember who your salesperson was?

Ahneida Ride
02-21-2004, 11:38 AM
I remember the first vision of my bike vividly. I was shocked.
She turned out much better then I anticipated. Requesting
an orange Legend was a real leap of faith !

Every ride is really my first ride. I always reflect, Wow ! The last
ride was fantastic, it can't be reproduced. But my current ride
is always the best.

Great Bike, Thanks Ben and Company.

orjay-rides
02-21-2004, 08:18 PM
Here's a photo that my wife took when I arrived home with my Colorado LT in 1992. I had just picked it up!

admin
02-23-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by BumbleBeeDave
I did post pics of the Queen Bee . . . same ones as one the old forum, and they have disappeared. I think they have some sort of dated purge on the gallery, or else when the server filled up last week Alyson’s “housekeeping” included some “Queen Bee-o-cide”

I will post them again! :crap: :crap: :crap:

BBD

If you look at the bottom of the index page for each sub forum, you can change how many days worth of threads you will be able to view. The default is 30, but if you change that to a higher number, you will be able to see your original posts.

-Alyson

Ken Lehner
02-23-2004, 08:25 AM
The day I got my Serotta (March, 1995) was the day I had my first date with my (now) wife. Hard to forget that, although I'd have to go back to my training logs to get the exact date.

I knew that day that the bike was the one for me (still is). It took another date with Christine to be sure with her...

Climb01742
02-23-2004, 08:35 AM
gee, ken, hope your wife doesn't read this forum...:beer:

Ken Lehner
02-23-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Climb01742
gee, ken, hope your wife doesn't read this forum...

Hell, two months later, she was considering dumping me. Then I accompanied her on a business trip to England, and she realized I was a keeper.