PDA

View Full Version : Good brush for cleaning my bikes

bikerboy337
05-14-2012, 09:44 AM
So... I'd like to pick up a good brush for cleaning my bike (for use with a bucket of soap, for quick clean ups after wet rides, etc...) Got my homer bucket and tub of cleaner, but the only brushes I can find are really hard bristled and really dont want to wash my bike with something so hard/rough as I feel its scratch the heck out of stuff.

Can anyone reccommend a good brush with a long handle that I can use to wash the bikes, that has softish bristles? And a link if you do? I'd love to just order it online if possible as I'm that lazy. :banana:

Thanks all.

Jaq
05-14-2012, 10:02 AM
Go to the local drug store and buy a soft-bristled back brush; that's about as soft as you're going to get. Then again, if you really want something soft, buy a 2-inch paint-brush. You could also go to an art store and grab a brush like the one the Wrench is using at the opening of A Sunday in Hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4IDCkcnnHg)

dave thompson
05-14-2012, 10:16 AM
I use a 4" paintbrush of decent quality. Lotsa soft bristles, kind and gentle on the paintwork, takes the cleaning solution everywhere.

bikerboy337
05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
of something more along the lines of this... a long handled brush...

benb
05-14-2012, 10:52 AM
I got the Park BCB-4 Brush set for Xmas as a gift.. cheap and gets the job done.. you might find it useful. There are 4 brushes in there for various parts of the bike. They are all not as useful as the others but maybe I haven't figured out exactly what part of the bike those are for.

But in any case they make cleaning the bike way faster & easier then using rags or something like that.

I wanted natural bristles abut they aren't that easy to find. I haven't had trouble yet with the Park ones absorbing grime. I don't use them for the chain, I clean the chain first with one of those clip on chain cleaning tools and then do the rest of the bike with the brushes.

teleguy57
05-14-2012, 11:11 AM
I use this one (http://www.amazon.com/Magnolia-Brush-16-Wire-Wheel/dp/B0002SPC44/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1337011687&sr=8-32); like it a lot. I actually got a decent price on a dozen of them. PM me if you're interested and I'll check on shipping costs and see if we can get you a good price.

pedlpwrd
05-15-2012, 05:07 AM
I have never used an actual brush on my bike. I have used a toothbrush for soft bristle cleaning but the only "utensil" other than simple green my bike has ever seen is a shamwow. I have only one bike, and don't know that I'll ever be in a place to purchase another Serotta again. So I've always babied it. My exwife used to tell me she was suprised I didn't just take into the shower with me lol. Let me know what brush you decide on and any feedback. Lol, if you don't mind being my example setter lol.

oldpotatoe
05-15-2012, 08:40 AM
So... I'd like to pick up a good brush for cleaning my bike (for use with a bucket of soap, for quick clean ups after wet rides, etc...) Got my homer bucket and tub of cleaner, but the only brushes I can find are really hard bristled and really dont want to wash my bike with something so hard/rough as I feel its scratch the heck out of stuff.

Can anyone reccommend a good brush with a long handle that I can use to wash the bikes, that has softish bristles? And a link if you do? I'd love to just order it online if possible as I'm that lazy. :banana:

Thanks all.

Stencil brush, pan of diesel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ktTXjSqvJc