PDA

View Full Version : TRP R920 Calipers

bcm119
05-10-2012, 01:25 AM
I'm in the market for a new set of short reach calipers... saw these on sale at Excel. I'm generally of the opinion that calipers are calipers, as long as they are dual pivot, they all have similar feel...I don't like Campy because of the quick release thing (I have Shimano levers), but I'm not keen on the new Shimano aesthetics. any experience with or opinions on these TRPs? Anyone have pics of a bike with these installed? Any tire clearance issues? I like 25s.

nightfend
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm in the market for a new set of short reach calipers... saw these on sale at Excel. I'm generally of the opinion that calipers are calipers, as long as they are dual pivot, they all have similar feel...I don't like Campy because of the quick release thing (I have Shimano levers), but I'm not keen on the new Shimano aesthetics. any experience with or opinions on these TRPs? Anyone have pics of a bike with these installed? Any tire clearance issues? I like 25s.

I have a set of these. They work great and are very lightweight. The only issue is they are fairly narrow and if you use wide rims, say 23mm, you will find that you are at the limits of the brakes capabilities. They were definitely designed for narrow rims.

dave thompson
05-10-2012, 05:44 PM
If you don't like the 'new' Shimano brakes, why not use the 'old' Shimano brakes; 6600/7800.