PDA

View Full Version : Boston Bike Festival

davids
09-07-2005, 02:27 PM
One of my staff brought me a flier on the Hub on Wheels (http://www.hubonwheels.com/) bike ride and festival on September 25. Looks like fun for the whole family!

Bill Bove
09-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I was just talking to someone about the "challenges" of riding a bike in Franklin Park.

davids
09-07-2005, 04:33 PM
I was just talking to someone about the "challenges" of riding a bike in Franklin Park.
It must have been a while since you've been in town. As long as it's light out, your greatest challenge is going to be avoiding getting beaned by a golf ball. The park is full of joggers, families, and (of course) duffers.

Now, don't get me started on the zoo. That's something to avoid!

Bill Bove
09-07-2005, 08:57 PM
I worked my way thru college driving a METCO school bus. Roxbury, Grove Hall, Mattapan, I knew all the back roads and alleys like no white boy had since Blue Hill Ave was a swank jewish naborhood. Some of the people I saw daily were truly wonderful people and a small few were, well... I had a kid on Floydd St. not far from the park, I went up the street and let him off, turned around and came back down the street and a pizzaria had had a couple of hundred rounds shot into it while I was there. Big fun screaming at a bunch of kids to duck and driving down the sidewalk at 30 to get them out of the crossfire, big fun. Then I get back to Framingham and have to fill out the damage report. Nature of repair, please plug bullet holes.