PDA

View Full Version : Sloppy seconds at the Giro...the '11 Giro...

54ny77
05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/gallery-scarponi-awarded-2011-giro-ditalia-trophy

does contador refund prize money too? how about the $ shared with staff and other riders, does that require one big clawback?

what a mess.....:bike:

harlond
05-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Gotta be a better way. AC got tested throughout that race with no adverse findings, didn't he? Handing the victory to somebody else because Contador had an adverse finding in a completely different race removed in time from this race makes no sense.

Grant McLean
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Can't unring a bell.

It really can't be satisfying in anyway for the number of riders who have
'inherited' a major victory in this fashion. The process needs another rethink.
The rewriting of the record books is a bad idea.

-g

MattTuck
05-03-2012, 12:23 PM
As I recall, this was a known (maybe even predicted) outcome of that race. Scarponi and Nibali were fighting it out for second, knowing that AC might be relegated.

PQJ
05-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Contador should keep the jersey, the trophy and the prize money on principle. He earned it fair and square. And the organizers of the Giro should have the balls to say FU to CAS since they (the organizers) agreed to let him ride in the race in the first place, and reaped all the attendant benefits.

MattTuck
05-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Contador should keep the jersey, the trophy and the prize money on principle. He earned it fair and square. And the organizers of the Giro should have the balls to say FU to CAS since they (the organizers) agreed to let him ride in the race in the first place, and reaped all the attendant benefits.

I don't disagree with you, they should do that. But I think even AC knew going in that he was on double secret probation and that it would all be for not if his appeal was denied.

Viper
05-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Raise your hand if you think Contador was on junk during the 2009 TdF (and every TdF). For me 2009 TdF was funny to see...suspecting very deeply that AC was juiced and Lance was not.

PQJ
05-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Raise your hand if you think Contador was on junk during the 2009 TdF (and every TdF). For me 2009 TdF was funny to see...suspecting very deeply that AC was juiced and Lance was not.

Well, I can't say that Contador was or wasn't, but I do believe that Lance wasn't, since he didn't win.

Grant McLean
05-03-2012, 09:27 PM
Well, I can't say that Contador was or wasn't, but I do believe that Lance wasn't, since he didn't win.

my gut was telling me his whole 'comeback' was an effort to convince himself
he could win without blood doping.

-g

54ny77
05-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Surprisingly he still podiumed. Not bad....but when you get to take in the view 7 from that top step, well, what can ya say other than....

http://iiixtheory.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/337c8273-a71a-4c4f-aaa9-c39b0d376b5840.jpg

my gut was telling me his whole 'comeback' was an effort to convince himself
he could win without blood doping.

-g

Johnny P
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
gotta be a better way. Ac got tested throughout that race with no adverse findings, didn't he? Handing the victory to somebody else because contador had an adverse finding in a completely different race removed in time from this race makes no sense.

+1