PDA

View Full Version : Gatorskin my eye

majorpat
05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Just got a half inch slice in a "kevlar" Gatorskin. What a pain, it wasn't even a bad road, couldn't find the probable K-Bar that I ran over.
OK, rant over, they are actually pretty good tires.
Pat

martinrjensen
05-03-2012, 07:25 PM
if it's not in the side wall, you can probably patch it if you are really careful
edit: forgot to say, good job, that's the largest tire slice I have heard of and a bit over twice the size of any cut I have experienced.

Ralph
05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I use them on my daily riding wheels in 700X25. I think they work exactly as advertised. Tough and long lasting. I use some other tires (PR 3's) on my other wheels that ride better, but they aren't as tough and don't last as long as Gatorskins. When on a long trip, with bike in back, and long way from home, I ride Gatorskins.

bluto
05-03-2012, 07:43 PM
This thread is blasphemy. Mod's please close.

monkeybanana86
05-03-2012, 10:29 PM
I haven't heard or read "my eye" since I was in France! I don't think anyone I know in the states would even get that.

And Armadillos are cool.

toosahn
05-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Never tried Gatorskins, but if they are anything like the other Conti's I've run, then I probably never will.

Tires I've tried and liked:

-Michelin Krylion Carbon 25c
-Panaracer Pasela TG (kinda spongy feeling, but look great and are durable)
-Vittoria Open Corsa EVO CX (great feel, but they are the least durabe and puncture resistant)
-Schwalbe Ultremo ZX 28c *These are my current favorites. You can get them for around $40 a tire on ribble. They roll fast, they are more than true to width, and feel very supple.

Tires I've disliked:

-Vittoria Randonneur Cross and Road (heavy and sluggish)
-Continental GP 4Seasons (soo hard)
-Continental GP 4000s (meh, smaller than stated size, and road feel is okay)