PDA

View Full Version : Assos no-bib shorts

jpw
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.assos.com/en/19/singleProduct.aspx?cat=6,19,22&prod=266

Has anyone tried these? I always where bib shorts, but in summer heat I wonder if they might be more cooling, but would they also stay up?

MattTuck
05-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Why wouldn't they? I'm just about to go on a ride wearing shorts, not bibs. Bibs have their place too, and I have several pairs, but I wear shorts too sometimes. To each his own, but I wouldn't worry about the shorts falling down if you get the right size. Said another way, there are reasons to get bibs over shorts... comfort being the main one, avoiding bunching of fabric at the waist if you're wearing several layers, etc. Shorts not staying up is not one of them.

For the record, although I'm not a big fan of rapha, I'd rather the rapha 'look' over this sunglass wearing pseudo-flexing, veiny armed model.

tv_vt
05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Tried a pair last summer. Didn't work for me. Maybe it was because they slipped down a little bit, and bibs would've helped with that. But I just thought the padding placement was too far forward. More for riding in the drops and not on the tops. Rode a century in them and had a saddle sore by the end because the padding wasn't where most of my weight was on the saddle.

Thankfully bought them from Comp Cyclist and took advantage of their 60 day NQA return policy. I'm a loyal fan of theirs because of that.

Louis
05-01-2012, 08:49 PM
but would they also stay up?

Yes.

Even cheapo $30 Nashbar no-bib shorts "stay up" so I see no reason premium shorts like these should have a problem performing this gravity-defying trick.

eippo1
05-01-2012, 10:07 PM
My issue with shorts is that I am leaning out so far over that the waistline cuts into my gut. And then there's that chafe thing because they don't stay in place laterally for me either.