PDA

View Full Version : Vredestein Tires

mdeeds71
09-05-2005, 09:53 PM
Anyone out there using these and if so what model...I am using Fortezza standard non tri comp...Was also wanting to see if anyone knows the difference of standard and the se fortezzas.

Bruce
09-05-2005, 11:10 PM
I am using Vredestein's and I like them. They roll like tubies. Much better than any other clincher I have found, and I have tried a bunch. The Fortezza seem to come in a myriad of combinations. Not sure what the differences are, but I choose on the basis of weight. The lighter ones seem to be fine.

OttrottAZ
09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
I've ridden the Fortezza Tricomps (orange and two-tone red-old colors still available from Biketiresdirect.com @ 36.95 each) for two years now. I get about 1500 on the front and 1000 miles on the rear. Punture flat twice or three times a year. The ride is the best clincher I've ever experienced, smooth, fast, corners well - though I can't say that I've ever experienced tubulars (ha!ha!)! Can't speak to the SE model.

Frustration
09-06-2005, 09:50 AM
Same here with the Tri Comps. Smoothest tire available that I have tried. (including Vitt's, Velofelx, Gommitalia, Michi and Conti). They roll extremely well.

I had an email question about thread count and passed it on to them (Vdred, through Veltec Sports) and got a pretty good answer back. "Thread count does matter, but it also matters what the threads are made from, not to say that we have the best tire made, but we don't think we're far behind anyone in ride quality".