PDA

View Full Version : The most sophisticated cyclocomputer in the world!

weisan
02-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Okay, I know the subject line is pretty provocative and depending on which camp you are in, you may or may not agree with me. And that's ok. My point is when a friend of mine sends me a link to this gadget on Nashbar, I thought it has the most complete functions to satisfy even the greatest data junkie (yours truly is one of them :p )

Check it out:
http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=&sku=10769&s

Anyone has any experience using this?
At first, I was looking at Ciclosport 436 or HAC4...but now after seeing the NaviiON Bike Computer, I have a new lust.

weisan

BumbleBeeDave
02-19-2004, 09:42 PM
. . . too much of everything. I guarantee they will get sued by the family of a cyclist who ran off the road and was killed while trying to read the display.

But then, I can also think of EXACTLY the guy here in town who would buy one of these in about five seconds. I’m sure most others on here can also think of an analogous local rider.

BBDave :crap:

Kevin
02-20-2004, 06:05 AM
Way too complicated. I'll stick with my Ergobrain.

Kevin

Too Tall
02-20-2004, 06:37 AM
Honestly, I think it is a great idea for you to detail your rides. do you keep a journal? Looking back on past rides is a super mental booster. Why not? Go for it.

Tom
02-20-2004, 07:20 AM
No way. K-----k'll never cut down to just one gadget. It's the Tough Man thing when he blows us off on the climbs with so much electronics hanging off his bike they weigh more than he does.

oracle
02-20-2004, 12:55 PM
i dont even own a cyclometer - i'd never be able to figure out how to use that!

keno
02-21-2004, 07:49 AM
I took a quick look at the device and did not see watts, which would be virtual through rider and bike weight, speed and gradient as on the Ciclosport someone wrote about recently. In my view, if you are really into all of that data and want to improve, at the end of the day watts is what makes the bike and you go fast. It's the data that really let's you know how strong you are and for how long, something an aspiring rider should want to know about. Watts is a key focal point for most riders truly into training. As I said, maybe I didn't look closely enough and watts may be there. Without them, too much unimportant data from my point of view.

keno

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2004, 08:59 AM
I don’t think this is really meant to be an “Ah-nold Terminator” efficient killer type of computer. It’s more intended as a Lost In Space flashing lights Robot B-9 “Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!” type of computer!

BBD

keno
02-21-2004, 09:41 AM
Would I be wandering far off the reservation to interpret your comment as being along the lines that the computer is a bright, shiny object akin to the ones hung in a baby's crib?

keno

BumbleBeeDave
02-21-2004, 05:11 PM
. . . Keno, but I really question why anyone would need to have THAT much information posted right in front of them. Especially with no wattage.

It’s beyond overkill for me. But then, with my Flight Deck and heart monitor both on the bars, I guess I shouldn’t talk! :rolleyes:

BBDave

keno
02-21-2004, 09:21 PM
talk, talk, me too.

keno