PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Road Vs MTB width

cp43
04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
I am looking for a new pair of MTB shoes. My current ones are Lake's in a wide size. They aren't wide enough, and, interestingly, they aren't as wide as my Lake tri shoes. Specialized seems to be similar, in that their MTB wide size isn't as wide as their road wide.

My current road shoes are Sidi's in the mega size, and they fit great. Before I go ahead and buy Sidi mega MTB shoes, can anyone here confirm if they'll fit the same as my road shoes? Specifically, will a 47 mega Dominator fit the same as 47 mega Genius 5?

I'd love to try them on at a shop, but I haven't found one yet that has them in stock.

Thanks,

Chris

John M
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
I have Sidi MTB and Road shoes. They are not mega, but in the 43.5 size the road and MTB seem nearly identical in fit.

pdmtong
04-26-2012, 04:13 PM
I have found I fit the same size in sidi mtb (dom5) as in sidi road (G5, 6.6, ergo2) - both 44.5

However, I am no longer a fan of the sidi mtb shoes. Dont like the slippery plastic cleats, uppers not the most durable if you find yourself hike-a-biking in grass, rock, dirt. The shimanos and the specialized with more built up toe bumpers or "armor" wrapped around the shoe front/sides fare better for me.

plenty of great choices out there in mtb shoes. On the high end I have a pair of s-works mtb ... super light (very noticeable how light), great ventilation. Also have a pair of workhorse shimano 225's. these things get pounded in a way that would shred a Dom5 and just keep going.

I think sidi is great for road, or for spd on the road. but for real dirt I'd look elsewhere

christian
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
I wear Sidi Dominators (mtb) and Sidi Genius (road) in size 44 Mega. If you slipped them on my feet with my eyes closed, there is no way I could tell you which is which. They fit identically.

palincss
04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the uppers on the Sidi MTB and road shoes are the same, and just the soles differ.

cp43
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info everyone :)

christian, that's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Chris