PDA

View Full Version : Incredible Experience at Spectrum Cycles

znfdl
09-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Well I got fit for a new bike and yes it will be Ti and not CF. The new Ti bike will be replacing my soon to be retired Ti built in 1990. Tom Kellog designed the original Ti and the new Ti.

Tom, my wife and I had a great time during the fit and the design. Tom spent a little over two and a half hours with me to hash things out. Tom asked me what I wanted and I said that I wanted to combine the ride of my Ti and a Steel bike that he desgned for me. He said that was easy, now let's get to the hard stuff. Tom asked me what my toes and then we discussed every other limb, back and neck and how each felt at the beginning, the middle and the end of the ride.

I then rode my two bikes on the trainer and he asked me numerous questions about each bike and how things felt. We then discussed what characteristics if each bike that I liked. During all of this discussion he was busily taking notes. The most interesting part of the discussion was when we discussed how the new bike should be different than my old bikes. It felt like we wnt tube by tube and what the pro and cons of doing things in different ways would mean to the ride of the bike. At the end of the fitting, I was somewaht depressed, as we desgned the perfect bike for me and I am now going to have to actually wait for it. But it should be here in November and I will be counting down the days. Overall a tremendous experience. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Thanks Tom.

chrisroph
09-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Tom's a gem. No doubt that will be your best riding bike. My spectrums are keepers.

JasonF
09-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the great post, I'm flirting with a ordering Spectrum. Is the lead time greater for Ti over Steel?

Good luck, and enjoy the bike when it arrives.

Jason

znfdl
09-05-2005, 07:09 AM
Lead time for a Ti is 9-11 weeks.

Lead time for a steel is 8 weeks.

Serotta PETE
09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
This is not to say one is better than the other BUT the Legend Ti, with or without ST rear, is also a great riding bike.

I admit as usual to being biased toward Serotta but give one a try and I think you will agree,

PETE :bike: