PDA

View Full Version : OT: Italian madness

RichMc
09-03-2005, 11:03 PM
There once was a time when I was riding a motorcycle or a bicycle on any given day. Did a fair amount of cafe racing back in the day when you had to build one out of a stock bike and not just buy one off the showroom floor.

Been watching with envy these past few years as all these riders on their Japanese superbikes go by. One good friend of mine has two Harleys that I get to ride from time to time. Then he goes and buys a 71 Honda CB750. I am the designated mechanic for that ride as I go back to the original days with that machine. He keeps saying, "C'mon and get a real bike." While the Harleys and Hondas have a certain charm I have just been broadsided with a new experience.

Another friend just bought a used Ducati Monster 900 and let me ride it. OMG! It was like instant old home week and I was flipping that thing around in no time like I had no business doing, not having ridden in that style for a long, long time. It reminded me of my Pegoretti Marcelo but in a whole new dimension. Damn, those Italians make some fine machinery! Whoo Boy! All of a sudden the world has changed just a bit. Do I hear of bit a mid age crisis setting in?

rePhil
09-04-2005, 12:02 PM
But an R1 fits me better:)

97CSI
09-04-2005, 02:55 PM
A Honda 650NT does the same thing and costs 1/5 as much. But, I'll stick with my '72 Triumph T100R. Starts on the second kick most every time.