PDA

View Full Version : Rapha La Doyenne Jersey, Arm Warmers, and Socks

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 03:35 PM
So I happened to luck out and pick up the jersey and thought, what the hell, might as well pick up the matching arm warmers and socks...Everything arrived yesterday and, after the intial try-on, it seems the jersey doesn't quite fit as well as I would like it to. I think I am really a Large and a Half in Rapha sizing...stuck in the nebulous region between L and XL. So, I'm offering everything up as a package for what I paid. $60.00 for the Jersey(XL), $35.00 for the arm warmers (L), and $12.00 for the socks (XL) for a grand total of $107.00...plus a wee bit to cover shipping - so, $115.00 shipped for everything? I'd like to sell as a package otherwise I will just return it to Rapha but I figured since it's sold out, someone here may want it.
link is here: http://www.rapha.cc/la-doyenne-classique-jersey
I can post some actual pictures after work if you need them.
cheers
Jay

pdmtong
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Jay

Sorry to hear you are zero-for-two on the special edition jerseys. Maddening.

Note to self they seem are a bit snugger than their sportwool variants based on your observations.

P

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Jay

Sorry to hear you are zero-for-two on the special edition jerseys. Maddening.

Note to self they seem are a bit snugger than their sportwool variants based on your observations.

P

Thanks Paul,
It's a sign that I have to go to the store in SF and try everything on in person. On a side note, The Classic Jersey you sold me in a Large fits better than the Doyenne Jersey in an XL...go figure.

54ny77
04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Fat guys get no love.

It would be great if mfgrs would show sizing in, say, sections (diameter at certain points from top to bottom).

For the dimensionally challenged, I might suggest this jersey. It's the best fitting fat guy jersey that a "friend" of mine has that doesn't look like a mumu:

http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/product/0/1020525/_/EVAN%27S_JERSEY

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Fat guys get no love.

fwiw, I'm husky...at least that's what my wife tells me.
and
pic added
cheers
Jay

54ny77
04-18-2012, 07:22 PM
jay i hear ya. if you would be so kind as to provide measurements pit to pit, and at the bottom l to r or full diameter, provided it fits count me in for the jersey. it looks really nice and i would finally be able to make fun of myself for wearing rapha.

my issue is i can often fit decent in an xl (depending on brand) but when the rubber meets the road--or rather, the belly hits the lower half of the jersey--i oftentimes look like a balloon.

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 07:30 PM
jay i hear ya. if you would be so kind as to provide measurements pit to pit, and at the bottom l to r or full diameter, provided it fits count me in for the jersey. it looks really nice and i would finally be able to make fun of myself for wearing rapha.

my issue is i can often fit decent in an xl (depending on brand) but when the rubber meets the road--or rather, the belly hits the lower half of the jersey--i oftentimes look like a balloon.
okay, unstretched measurements are: Pit to Pit=21", Bottom=16", Front Top to Bottom=21 3/4", Back Top to Bottom=27 3/4"

54ny77
04-18-2012, 07:47 PM
damn everything else would be perfect but i need 2" more diameter on bottom--the garneau jersey that i referenced for my, umm, "friend" is 18" on bottom and fits like a charm--or so i'm told. two inches less diameter would be like shrink wrapped pork loin.

damn. sorry!

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
no worries, we tried.
cheers
Jay

Hawker
04-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Fat guys get no love.

It would be great if mfgrs would show sizing in, say, sections (diameter at certain points from top to bottom).

For the dimensionally challenged, I might suggest this jersey. It's the best fitting fat guy jersey that a "friend" of mine has that doesn't look like a mumu:

http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/product/0/1020525/_/EVAN%27S_JERSEY

Amen! I'm not a fat guy, but I am an older short guy and dimensions with sizing would be a GREAT help.

54ny77
04-18-2012, 09:37 PM
kohlboto's jersey would likely fit you good if you're a ~42 reg. suit and around a 34 waist.

Amen! I'm not a fat guy, but I am an older short guy and dimensions with sizing would be a GREAT help.

pdmtong
04-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks Paul,
It's a sign that I have to go to the store in SF and try everything on in person. On a side note, The Classic Jersey you sold me in a Large fits better than the Doyenne Jersey in an XL...go figure.

Lemme know when you are down this way so we can have our little rapha sewing circle and then go drink some single malt.

I just went to a free Dalmore tasting...12, grand riserva and 15. the 12 didnt have much finish but the 15 was pretty tasty and would be a nice highlands to have for a reasonable price.

kohlboto
04-18-2012, 10:22 PM
Lemme know when you are down this way so we can have our little rapha sewing circle and then go drink some single malt.
Hmmm, that might be a dream vacation...SF, single malt, and Rapha...maybe a little wine on the side...

gavingould
04-18-2012, 10:47 PM
that's pretty tempting... i already sent the cursive R brand a bunch of money today though

AngryScientist
04-19-2012, 07:04 AM
one thing is for certain, the wool and wool blend jerseys fit almost a full size different than the synthetic material jerseys.

Pearsom
04-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I think these jerseys are now available from Rapha again?