PDA

View Full Version : Vuelta Corsa wheel feeback?

TexasJohn
04-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Anyone try the Vuelta Corsa Lite or SuperLite (now SLR) wheels? Low weight + low price seems to be a combination that may be too good to be true. Any feedback out there?

Liv2RideHard
04-18-2012, 06:52 AM
I have been running the Superlites on my Cinelli as my training wheels. They do what I ask of them and what I expected them to do. I have not had any issues with them at all. They are still straight and true after a couple of seasons. My only complaint is that they are not the stiffest wheel and aren't very snappy. I have my 404s for that though. I run latex tubes and Veloflex 22's and the ride is butter. Hindsight being 20/20...if I were to do it again I would have saved more and gone a different direction. I would have probably gone with some 101s instead or something else custom. I got them b/c it was the cash I had on hand at them moment and needed something. I don't do much climbing with them as I live in Florida so I can't really say how they climb. For the price they are a good option. Just don't expect them to knock your socks off. An average wheel.

Guy

leooooo
04-18-2012, 06:58 AM
No exp. with your set, but I had the cheapest Vuelta set for use on my trainer.

Solid and cheap on the trainer. $100 shipped for a set of wheels that came true, had skewers, and spun, lol. However no real road riding experience.

cmg
04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
riding partners rear wheel had spoke hole cracks after 3 years worth of riding. Low spoke count wheels are not he way to go. Look at bicycle wheelwarehouse for a decent deal.