PDA

View Full Version : OT Twinkies and Ho Ho's in jeopardy

rwsaunders
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
What will we do if the strike continues?:cool:

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/17/news/companies/twinkies-hostess-strike/index.htm?hpt=hp_t2

jr59
04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
OMG!!!!:eek:

No Twinkies and Ho Ho's, I'll starve! :rolleyes:

learningtoride
04-17-2012, 11:59 AM

rice rocket
04-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I thought this was amusing...

"If there is no shared sacrifice and no equality of sacrifice, then there's no deal," said Teamsters General President Jimmy Hoffa in a call with memberships last week.

:eek:

slowgoing
04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
That's no joke. He is the son of the missing Jimmy Hoffa.

Doug Fattic
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
It would be a shame if this or any longstanding American company goes under. A replacement for sugary snacks is Little Debbie Foods. They are famous for their individually wrapped treats that are easy to put into sack lunches. Their Oatmeal Cream Pie can fit nicely into a seat bag with the spare tube if one isn't too concerned about nutritional value. :) The parent company McKee Bakeries gave me money for our Ukraine Bicycle Project so in response I like to support them.

deechee
04-17-2012, 01:04 PM
You can import Jos Louis.

Ugh, I can't attach an image but here's the wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos_Louis).

rwsaunders
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
It would be a shame if this or any longstanding American company goes under. A replacement for sugary snacks is Little Debbie Foods. They are famous for their individually wrapped treats that are easy to put into sack lunches. Their Oatmeal Cream Pie can fit nicely into a seat bag with the spare tube if one isn't too concerned about nutritional value. :) The parent company McKee Bakeries gave me money for our Ukraine Bicycle Project so in response I like to support them.

They use to have a slogan that went "Little Debbie has a snack for you." I think that they dropped it.:cool:

old_fat_and_slow
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM

ClutchCargo
04-17-2012, 03:18 PM
For the most ironic thread of the year on a bike forum. Sheeesh!
(At least it's labeled "OT"!)

But it reminds me of an interview with LA back in the day and the focus was on how closely pro cyclists watched their intake.

Interviewer: When was the last time you had a donut, Lance?

Lance: I don't like donuts. I like apple fritters.

Interviewer: Well, then, when was the last time you had an apple fritter?

Lance: I can't remember.

Take a page, dudes. ;)

dustyrider
04-17-2012, 09:55 PM
As long as Little Debbie's Oatmeal Cream Pie isn't going anywhere, I'll be able to get by!

GuyGadois
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Don't worry about the expiration date on those Twinkie's . Stock up on them now! They'll be good for years. :eek: