PDA

View Full Version : OT Katrina - you got to see this

BarryG
09-02-2005, 10:24 AM
http://www.riotvideo.com/Cops_Looting_New_Orleans_Walmart_after_Katrina.htm l

ergott
09-02-2005, 10:38 AM
When the dust settles, those cops should be convicted of treason. They are goverment workers who swore an oath to uphold the law and protect the peace. They should do time for treason, not petty theft.

Kevan
09-02-2005, 11:37 AM
how delicate it is to maintain our society.

bostondrunk
09-02-2005, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to judge. The police need to survive too. I didn't see any of them carrying out tv's or vcr's...

ergott
09-02-2005, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to judge. The police need to survive too. I didn't see any of them carrying out tv's or vcr's...

ARE YOU F-N KIDDING ME????

They had their uniforms on. An off duty cop gets nabbed in plain cloths would change things a little, but they had their F-N uniforms on. No way, No excuses.

JohnS
09-02-2005, 11:53 AM
ARE YOU F-N KIDDING ME????

They had their uniforms on. An off duty cop gets nabbed in plain cloths would change things a little, but they had their F-N uniforms on. No way, No excuses.
AMEN!!!

Kevan
09-02-2005, 12:46 PM
getting supplies for someone they know who is infirmed and in need (their basket half-full of stuff certainly didn't suggest needed items), I think they need slamming. Police officers are our wall to prevent a lawless breach, and their actions only serve as an invitation to others wishing to take advantage of this situation.

Sad, very sad.

OldDog
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I did not view the video, but, how long must anyone be trapped in that enviroment before they take what they need to survive?

BarryG
09-02-2005, 12:56 PM
I did not view the video, but, how long must anyone be trapped in that enviroment before they take what they need to survive?
watch the video - it wasn't about survival

MartyE
09-02-2005, 12:59 PM
This was the day after the storm. Not 3 days.
I'm sure someone in need had the requirement of atheletic shoes
(which were in the tram, er, shopping cart).
Looting for food and water? sure i can get my head around that.
This other stuff? no way.

Throw the book at em.

Marty

TimD
09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Think of it as corporate America, and Wal-Mart in particular, making a small donation to the victims.

To add to the gross speculation here, I'm guessing the corporate attorneys and accountants will figure out a way to write off the entire content of the store.

TimD

OldDog
09-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Now I viewed it. Sad. Maybe they could not stop the looting on their own, but they should at least have moved on to where they could do some good. Ya gotta wonder if they even thought of securing the guns in sporting goods.
Here in pa you can buy shotguns and rifles in K-Mart. One of my workers here told me this a.m. there is video showing officers turning in their badges to take care of themselves and family.

The stories that will come from this tradigy will be many.

ergott
09-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Think of it as corporate America, and Wal-Mart in particular, making a small donation to the victims.

To add to the gross speculation here, I'm guessing the corporate attorneys and accountants will figure out a way to write off the entire content of the store.

TimD

Good Lord, another one from Mass (sorry to the normal people from Mass. but you do keep reelecting Frank and Kennedy, the murderer). Someone pays for the mess. Insurance foots the bill at the expense of everyone elses rates. What part of that is "speculation"? Who is speculating here? Did you even see the video? There were UNIFORMED police officers looting the store!!!!!!

Dekonick
09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Uniformed PD or non-uniformed. I don't care! Unless it is food/water/medicine there is absolutely NO excuse. None!

Fry em.

From what I hear New Orlean's PD doesn't have the best reputation...lotsa corruption etc...

People put trust in the PD, FD, and other government agencies. If you can't trust your PD who can you trust?

Sick!

MartyE
09-02-2005, 02:43 PM
People put trust in the PD, FD, and other government agencies. If you can't trust your PD who can you trust?

Ben & Co.
Serotta Forumites.
My family.

Kevin
09-02-2005, 07:14 PM
The only thing that suprises me about the cops in the video was that they were not taking more stuff.

Kevin

MartyE
09-02-2005, 07:24 PM
during ABC's coverage tonight (world news) they showed the
same Wal-Mart. One of the precincts is using that store as
their station since the real one is under water. The story mentioned
that the police are actually going into the store for food/water/supplies
since they have nothing. . .

Somehow this reminds me of abnormal sociology class, reading
the painted bird (jerzey Kozinski) and discussing when the norm
for society itself becomes abnormal. . .

marty

William
09-02-2005, 08:05 PM
:eek:

MartyE,

What's going on with the Bananas???? :confused:

William :D

b3bicycles
09-02-2005, 08:14 PM
Come on the guys the kid needed the new toy car for........well I'm sure he needed it for something.

Argos
09-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Apparently 30-40% of the NO police force abandonded. I was just watching CNN and saw cops pinned down on the roof of their precinct house trying to fight off snipers and other with guns in the darkness.

Those people are cops. The people in that video are ****. Did you see some kid stealing a Jeep-like electric kiddie car? What's that for? Is he transporting supplies?

shaq-d
09-03-2005, 01:37 AM
you guys judging the cops sicken me. just sicken me.

sd

JohnS
09-03-2005, 06:47 AM
you guys judging the cops sicken me. just sicken me.

sd
Why?

Sandy
09-03-2005, 06:50 AM
:eek:

MartyE,

What's going on with the Bananas???? :confused:

William :D

A cloning going terribly wrong?? :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

No one wants to clone me. Why?

Sandy

Kevin