PDA

View Full Version : I may have seen it all now.

jischr
04-15-2012, 06:12 PM
I've see several abused aero bars where they are tilted up at a 45 degree or more; I've seen inverted drop bars so they can ride sitting nearly straight up; but today I saw inverted Profile Design Century aero bars on a normal drop bar. He must of had 14 inches of lift by doing that. At the time I saw it the rider was riding on the hoods. Maybe I need to think out of the box; maybe it was a head rest and not someplace to put his hands. :eek: :eek:

crupshaw
04-15-2012, 06:26 PM
my favorite:

Walmart mountain (full 'suspension') with a set of clip-on aero bars.

choke
04-15-2012, 07:01 PM
My favorite was in 1990 in Bonn, Germany. I encountered an older couple both riding brand new pink/white/green Kleins (easily $3k bikes at that time in Germany). They had Scott AT-4 handlebars which were mounted vertically and both riders had their hands on the topmost position - in other words arms nearly shoulder level.

spartanKid
04-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I've see several abused aero bars where they are tilted up at a 45 degree or more; I've seen inverted drop bars so they can ride sitting nearly straight up; but today I saw inverted Profile Design Century aero bars on a normal drop bar. He must of had 14 inches of lift by doing that. At the time I saw it the rider was riding on the hoods. Maybe I need to think out of the box; maybe it was a head rest and not someplace to put his hands. :eek: :eek:

Inverted like....The elbow pads were facing forward in the direction of travel?

Spin71
04-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I couldn't care less what other people ride or how they have it set up.

benitosan1972
04-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I couldn't care less what other people ride or how they have it set up.

You could care less... if you couldn't care less, that would mean you really care :banana:

jischr
04-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Yes the pad would have been facing forward, but I couldn't tell you if they were still installed or not. I never looked lower than the loop for the hands.

fiamme red
04-15-2012, 08:11 PM
You could care less... if you couldn't care less, that would mean you really care :banana:Sorry, but you're wrong. :no:

"I couldn't care less" means that it would be impossible for me to care less than I do, i.e., I don't care at all. "I could care less" is a nonsensical expression.

http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/g09.html

rdparadise
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong. :no:

"I couldn't care less" means that it would be impossible for me to care less than I do, i.e., I don't care at all. "I could care less" is a nonsensical expression.

Geez, I can't believe we're having a discussion about what's grammatically correct???? Anyway, if he didn't care, he would have just went on to the next thread, by responding IMHO, there's something there.

Bob

tbike4
04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong. :no:

I'm going with this explanation because he uses the word "you're" correctly. My best friend either doesn't know the difference or doesn't care.

firerescuefin
04-15-2012, 09:13 PM
You're the loser by default if you assert yourself as the grammar police on the interweb.:help:

BumbleBeeDave
04-16-2012, 05:47 AM
. . . of the pedants!

Dudes, go for a ride and relax! :rolleyes:

BBD

MattTuck
04-16-2012, 10:10 AM
You're the loser by default if you assert yourself as the grammar police on the interweb.:help:

I couldn't care less about this grammar discussion. :cool:

nightfend
04-16-2012, 11:18 AM
I could care less about this thread. I find it fairly entertaining.

biker72
04-16-2012, 11:26 AM
I worked at a community college for about a year and was surrounded by English teachers. Not a good place for a person who may not always be grammatically correct....:p

keevon
04-16-2012, 03:35 PM
You could care less... if you couldn't care less, that would mean you really care :banana:
That doesn't jibe with me :rolleyes:

martinrjensen
04-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I "do" know I care. I think I could care more though, but I don't. At least I don't think I do. I could care less to, but I know that I don't care less, I just care. Probably leaning a little towards more care then less care if you want to get technical. I think it's funny and I laugh to myself when I see it. I scorn them too, but not audibly but if they were Spock of Star Trek fame, they would know what I was thinking and probably be hurt by it. I'm really glad people can't read minds.

BTW I'm serious about this. I couldn't be more serious.

EDIT: BTW "I could care less" isn't nonsensical, It simply means that you really could care less, that your level of caring is more middle of the road, or at least not rock bottom caring, or non-caring if you want.Sorry, but you're wrong. :no:

aaronv
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Four posts on topic then derailed for another page. A new record?

martinrjensen
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Well OK, my post may have been off topic but then again, it was more in line with the majority of the posts here, don't you think? That's got to count for something. Four posts on topic then derailed for another page. A new record?

jchasse
04-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I "do" know I care. I think I could care more though, but I don't. At least I don't think I do. I could care less to, but I know that I don't care less, I just care. Probably leaning a little towards more care then less care if you want to get technical. I think it's funny and I laugh to myself when I see it. I scorn them too, but not audibly but if they were Spock of Star Trek fame, they would know what I was thinking and probably be hurt by it. I'm really glad people can't read minds.

BTW I'm serious about this. I couldn't be more serious.

EDIT: BTW "I could care less" isn't nonsensical, It simply means that you really could care less, that your level of caring is more middle of the road, or at least not rock bottom caring, or non-caring if you want.

That's got to be one of the best forum poasts I've ever read.

I couldn't be more serious. :)