PDA

View Full Version : Co-Motion: Europe and Heavyweights

vaxn8r
09-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Interesting article about Co-Motion with references to Rivendell.

I ride with the owner of Co-Motion and several of the employees. This is a great small company which offers a great product. I think they are often overlooked because of their association with tandems but they are increasingly getting into singles...racing, touring and now for the "exercise challenged". Creative minds at work.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/2005/09/01/b1.bz.retail.0901.p1.php?section=business

ericspin
09-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Comotion is a great builder of touring bikes. I have an Americano that is an absolute tank. I do not mean this in an unflattering way , I mean that I could ride this bike anywhere. Beautiful paint also. I built the bike for an Adventure Cycling cross country ride that I have yet to do. The cool thing about their bikes is the knowledge they have from tandems. For instance, the fork is a steel tandem fork and the chainstays are big and beefy. Tandem hubs and bombproof wheels along with XTR derailleurs make for an amazing go anywhere do anything ride.

All that being said I am getting ready to sell my Americano. Not because I am unhappy with it, I just have this habit of constantly buying and selling bikes. I am not one of the fortunate ones that can afford to own 35 bikes. I figure I can afford 3 bikes, so I will just keep trading them around until I find the 3 that suit me perfectly. Do you think I'm just kidding myself????

Smiley
09-02-2005, 08:25 AM
eric your kidding yourself . I like you sell a bike to buy a bike since space in my home is at a premium with what 1 tandem , 1 fixee , 2 mtb and 2 road bikes PLUS a size cycle . This does not include the tandem shipping box as well as the single shipping box we also keep . Find what works well and cherish it as a keeper bike , there will always be the newest buzz on the market , time and consumers will tell you if these will be good buys let someone else chase those fads down .

Van , say hello to Dwan for me , I bought 2 tandem direct from Chris when he worked there and have spoken to Dwan on a few occassions .

zap
09-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Vax-thanks for posting. I spent much time talking to Dwan about steel tubing and some of the custom features on our DE. In conjunction with our LBS, Dwan made our purchase quite easy.

Every once in a while I go back to CoMo website to check out their singles.

Anyone have a CoMo DE titanium frame for sale?