PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ben & Jerry's Greek Yogurt

zmudshark
04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Why does it say 4 servings per carton, when it is barely two?

Can I sue them for false advertising?

Jaq
04-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Maybe if it tastes like a--.

67-59
04-11-2012, 10:37 PM
It's like when a quart of ice cream tells you there's more than one serving.

Yeah, right....

killacks
04-12-2012, 09:26 AM
My gf is constantly fooled by the "suggested serving" marketing ploys that are listed in the nutritional information on the side of the carton. Never one to play by the rules when it comes to ice cream, I understand that I rarely get more than two servings from ANY size ice cream container.

Side note: Who else out there lets the ice cream sit out a bit and soften up before indulging?

oldguy00
04-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Don't waste your time with Ben & Jerry's.
Haagen Dazs is the real deal.

crownjewelwl
04-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Don't waste your time with Ben & Jerry's.
Haagen Dazs is the real deal.

HD ain't even a pint anymore!!

Neither are Guinness Draught cans!!

MattTuck
04-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Side note: Who else out there lets the ice cream sit out a bit and soften up before indulging?

me.

servings sizes are a bunch of crap. I think the FDA should require food packagers to put the nutrition facts of the entire package (liter, pint, quart, half gallon, whatever) on the side of the package.

thwart
04-12-2012, 10:06 AM
Wait... I'm still getting used to the concept of Greek yogurt... more protein and all...

And now it's an ice cream?

Sweet. :rolleyes:

Ken Robb
04-12-2012, 10:08 AM
My gf is constantly fooled by the "suggested serving" marketing ploys that are listed in the nutritional information on the side of the carton. Never one to play by the rules when it comes to ice cream, I understand that I rarely get more than two servings from ANY size ice cream container.

Impatient folks can give it a quick zap in the microwave.:banana:

Ken Robb
04-12-2012, 10:12 AM
It's done to fool people who care about calories, fat, etc. but don't read the fine print. My favorite is the individual pot pie where the box lists the contents as two or more. Hmm, I feel like a "single" serving of pot pie so I'll just get out my Sawzall to cut this frozen lump in half before cooking it.:p

saab2000
04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
I once ate more than the suggested serving of a food product. Ever notice how beer bottles don't have suggested servings? :beer:

bheight1
04-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Its a gimmick as has been stated, and marketing. Refrigerated Greek Yogurt & Kefir have been the hottest, fastest growing trends over the last 2-3 years essentially taking share and shelf space from the stuff we called yogurt (Light nLively, Dannon, etc.) years ago. Now every manufacturer is in the game and looking to leverage into new opps--Unilever, um Ben & Jerry's naturally wants to tap this category. Traditional Greek Yogurt is full fat but avail 0%, and besides eaten on its own used as a condiment/sauces, but this is not a yogurt IMO: Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Fudge Chunk, Banana Peanut Butter, and Blueberry Vanilla Graham.

For a frozen indulgence, for my money the all natural Talenti gelato line is the best, try the Sea Salt Caramel or Beligian Choc! This was one of the hottest items at last months Natural Food Expo in Anaheim:

http://talentigelato.com/

67-59
04-12-2012, 12:12 PM
I once ate more than the suggested serving of a food product. Ever notice how beer bottles don't have suggested servings? :beer:

Must be because most beer bottles only contain a fraction of the serving I'd suggest....

:banana:

oldguy00
04-13-2012, 09:57 AM
We go through a lot of this stuff at my house. It is so good!

http://www.liberte.ca/en/grec-yogurt-products/honey_greek_yogurt_0_.sn

Elefantino
04-13-2012, 10:02 AM

No. Use a smaller spoon.

MealsOnWheels
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Baby Spoon works wonders.

toolman605
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm always amazed at the serving sizes listed on packages. My box of Kraft Shells and Cheese (guilty pleasure) is something like 4 servings!!!
Four servings for munchkins? Come on?!?