Its that time of year again...

Always hopeful Flyers fan here... This Pens series should be Incredible

that guy
04-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Pens totally let me down tonight.

spartanKid
04-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Wings fan here.

Did anyone see Shea Weber's turnbuckle-slam of Zetterberg at the end of the game?

learningtoride
04-12-2012, 04:25 AM

singlecross
04-12-2012, 04:27 AM
Can anyone say repeat? It's a good time to be a Bruins fan again.

singlecross

tele
04-12-2012, 06:05 AM
Can anyone say repeat? It's a good time to be a Bruins fan again.

singlecross

finally some sanity around here :p

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-12-2012, 06:28 AM
BINX-NEWYORKRANGERS-WARRSOUL

My goalie is better than your goalie. Goaltending wins cups.

learningtoride
04-12-2012, 06:29 AM

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-12-2012, 06:37 AM
C'mon Nic, you know you wish MSG would just keep the camera's on Henrik. He's so dreamy :p. He also play's guitar. :cool:

learningtoride
04-12-2012, 06:43 AM

csm
04-12-2012, 08:02 PM
WHEN YOU CUT ME I BLEED RANGER BLUE!!!
clap- clap- clapclapclap! :hello:

3- zip into the third!

hockeybike
04-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Wings fan here.

Did anyone see Shea Weber's turnbuckle-slam of Zetterberg at the end of the game?

No suspension? Guess Shanahan's onions wilted once the season ended. Laaaaaaaaame. Love that the WWE's PR guy said Weber would make a great 'wrestler.'

spartanKid
04-12-2012, 10:47 PM
No suspension? Guess Shanahan's onions wilted once the season ended. Laaaaaaaaame. Love that the WWE's PR guy said Weber would make a great 'wrestler.'

Yeah seriously. That's the most "Targeting the head" play I've ever seen. $2500 and a warning? C'mon Shanny!

4Rings6Stars
04-12-2012, 10:55 PM
BINX-NEWYORKRANGERS-WARRSOUL

My goalie is better than your goalie. Goaltending wins cups.

You better hope Thomas doesn't play as well this year as he did last year...

Louis
04-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Blues loose to San Jose in double overtime. :(

They haven't lost at home very often this year.

rab
04-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Wings fan here.

Yeah, that was pretty bad. That's where a McCarty or Probert presence would be nice to balance things out. A Grimson/LaPointe combo would be good too. Lot to be said about having a solid enforcer, definitely adds a bit of a deterrent. or payback. Especially considering the league's lack of serious action. Read that his helmet cracked in two places as a result...

tele
04-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah, that was pretty bad. That's where a McCarty or Probert presence would be nice to balance things out. A Grimson/LaPointe combo would be good too. Lot to be said about having a solid enforcer, definitely adds a bit of a deterrent. or payback. Especially considering the league's lack of serious action. Read that his helmet cracked in two places as a result...
How in the world does he get just a $2500 fine for that WWE move? Seems the league really cant suspend players during the playoffs?

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-13-2012, 10:55 AM
You better hope Thomas doesn't play as well this year as he did last year...

NYR led the series with Boston this year, 3-1.

Lundqvist is something like 19-6, career against Boston.

A Boston/New York series would go 7 games, and would be the best of the playoffs, IMO.

rbtmcardle
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Boston will have to get thru Philly, that will be a good series.. Rangers Flyers conference final.. if the Rangers make it that far..

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM
6-0 against the Flyers this season. But agreed, have to get through Ottawa and NJ/Florida. Flyers/Rangers would be another phenominal series that would probably go to 7 games. Best time of the year :beer:.

jeduardo
04-13-2012, 12:48 PM
...the MAN's jock! One good post season between the pipes followed by a mediocre/tepid regular season, forgetting about his big Farcebook mouth, means very little regarding ones' posterity.
The Devils are playing very well @ the right time, open this evening against Panthers, with MVP/pending Hall of Famer Marty Brodeur minding the net.
So...what happened the last/only time Florida made the playoffs in 2000? The 3x Lord Stanley's Cup champ & my other Devils sent them right back to recuperate in their social security/early-bird-specials locale.
Our top goal scores Kovalchuk & Parise w/Elias's assists are on fork to lead us deep into the playoffs

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM
"Tim Thomas can't hold...the MAN's jock!"

Tru 'dat. Hate, hate effing hate the Devils, and Brodeur with a mic in front of him. But, his talent cannot be denied. And he has the hardware to prove it.

........Marty............Marty..........Marty..... ......

Who plays for Florida, again?

Brodeur/Lundqvist, clash of the titans.

Again, best time of the year. Devils sweep the Panthers.

tele
04-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Timmy cant hold anyone's jock? I will grant you a letdown regular season after last year: short of not allowing a goal all year would have been a step back!:p

Timmy looked like his "old" self last night, stupid unorthodox style that stops pucks.

ps just watch for falling glass!
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7053/7074816077_929787121b_z.jpg

learningtoride
04-13-2012, 04:50 PM

wc1934
04-13-2012, 08:48 PM
NYR led the series with Boston this year, 3-1.

Lundqvist is something like 19-6, career against Boston.

A Boston/New York series would go 7 games, and would be the best of the playoffs, IMO.

BBB fan here.
1 vs 2 -That's the series I am hoping for.
Lundgviust has the numbers - Thomas has been there - done that - gets into that zone and shuts down the opponents -

4Rings6Stars
04-13-2012, 09:55 PM
...the MAN's jock! One good post season between the pipes followed by a mediocre/tepid regular season, forgetting about his big Farcebook mouth, means very little regarding ones' posterity.
The Devils are playing very well @ the right time, open this evening against Panthers, with MVP/pending Hall of Famer Marty Brodeur minding the net.
So...what happened the last/only time Florida made the playoffs in 2000? The 3x Lord Stanley's Cup champ & my other Devils sent them right back to recuperate in their social security/early-bird-specials locale.
Our top goal scores Kovalchuk & Parise w/Elias's assists are on fork to lead us deep into the playoffs

I'm not denying Brodeur is great, he certainly is and will go down as a legend.
I also won't deny that Thomas looks like a clown in the net, but you can't be a serious hockey fan and claim he isn't a solid and effective goalie.

Thomas and Brodeur actually have pretty similar career numbers (even though Brodeur started in the NHL 10 years younger than Thomas). Thomas has the edge in save % and Brodeur in GAA. Thomas has the edge in playoff stats, Brodeur in win %.

Also in his "mediocre/tepid regular season" this year he put up better numbers than Brodeur. Stats aren't everything, and winning big games is what matters. They are both great goalies, don't sell Timmy short!

93legendti
04-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Bertuzzi took care of Webber:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120413/SPORTS05/120413070/Red-Wings-Todd-Bertuzzi-takes-Shea-Weber-situation-into-his-own-hands?odyssey=nav%7Chead

singlecross
04-14-2012, 09:17 AM
I also won't deny that Thomas looks like a clown in the net, but you can't be a serious hockey fan and claim he isn't a solid and effective goalie.

Thomas and Brodeur actually have pretty similar career numbers (even though Brodeur started in the NHL 10 years younger than Thomas). Thomas has the edge in save % and Brodeur in GAA. Thomas has the edge in playoff stats, Brodeur in win %.

Also in his "mediocre/tepid regular season" this year he put up better numbers than Brodeur. Stats aren't everything, and winning big games is what matters. They are both great goalies, don't sell Timmy short!

Let's not forget that Thomas is a two-time Vezina trophy winner, a Conn Smythe MVP winner, in addition to having his name on The Cup. All this after an unconventional path into the NHL by plugging away in several minor leagues for a almost a decade. Saves, as with goals, are not how pretty but how MANY. Thomas stops lots.

He is the Jens Voigt of NHL goaltending... Except Jens would have to have a Tour win to match Thomas' Cup. ;)

TMB
04-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Bertuzzi took care of Webber:

http://www.freep.com/article/20120413/SPORTS05/120413070/Red-Wings-Todd-Bertuzzi-takes-Shea-Weber-situation-into-his-own-hands?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Bertuzzi should not even be allowed inside a hockey arena. He should be out of the league, preferably behind bars, Babcock should be suspended by the league for saying that in the post game interviews that the team decided they were going to go head hunting.

93legendti
04-14-2012, 12:11 PM
Bertuzzi should not even be allowed inside a hockey arena. He should be out of the league, preferably behind bars, Babcock should be suspended by the league for saying that in the post game interviews that the team decided they were going to go head hunting.

Where did you hear Babcock say they would go head hunting?

'Coach Mike Babcock said he went for a run before his news conference specifically to clear his mind of the topic. When asked if the Wings needed to not let thoughts of retribution be a factor for Game 2, he said: "Well, we don't have the personnel to get back at Weber. So we might as well get on with that. This is the way our team is built, and it's been built like this for a while. To me, it doesn't matter what anybody does -- when you win the game, that's what it's all about. So let's get past any of that."'

http://www.freep.com/article/20120412/SPORTS05/204120444/Red-Wings-don-t-talk-about-Shea-Weber-s-hit-on-Henrik-Zetterberg

"The only comment that Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had on the play was to say that he viewed it from a distance and had yet to see it on replay. "Well, yeah," he said, "but I was a hundred-and-eighty feet away." Sometimes in the playoffs, the league goes with a boys-will-be-boys attitude"

singlecross
04-14-2012, 12:54 PM

I have no love for Todd Bertuzzi but, like it or not, what happened in this instance is the accepted culture of hockey. Not only is this the accepted culture, it defines a key component of what makes hockey great in my opinion. There is a long history and tradition of hockey players policing themselves through fighting. Especially when the officials won't (I'm talking to you Shanny). To take fighting out of hockey is to take away the respect the players have for themselves, their teammates, and each other. Anyone who didn't think there was going to be a fight last night doesn't understand the respect (and restraint) required to lace 'em up and go between the glass.
Let hockey players judge hockey players... they understand the culture, and consequences, of such things.

singlecross

learningtoride
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I believe he's refering to the incident with Bertuzzi and Steve Moore a few years ago.

Where did you hear Babcock say they would go head hunting?

'Coach Mike Babcock said he went for a run before his news conference specifically to clear his mind of the topic. When asked if the Wings needed to not let thoughts of retribution be a factor for Game 2, he said: "Well, we don't have the personnel to get back at Weber. So we might as well get on with that. This is the way our team is built, and it's been built like this for a while. To me, it doesn't matter what anybody does -- when you win the game, that's what it's all about. So let's get past any of that."'

http://www.freep.com/article/20120412/SPORTS05/204120444/Red-Wings-don-t-talk-about-Shea-Weber-s-hit-on-Henrik-Zetterberg

"The only comment that Red Wings coach Mike Babcock had on the play was to say that he viewed it from a distance and had yet to see it on replay. "Well, yeah," he said, "but I was a hundred-and-eighty feet away." Sometimes in the playoffs, the league goes with a boys-will-be-boys attitude"

93legendti
04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
I believe he's refering to the incident with Bertuzzi and Steve Moore a few years ago.

You do?

... Babcock should be suspended by the league for saying that in the post game interviews that the team decided they were going to go head hunting.

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-14-2012, 03:02 PM
You do?

I believe he's refering to the incident with BERTUZZI and Steve Moore a few years ago.

"Bertuzzi should not even be allowed inside a hockey arena. He should be out of the league, preferably behind bars"

93legendti
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
I believe he's refering to the incident with BERTUZZI and Steve Moore a few years ago.

"Bertuzzi should not even be allowed inside a hockey arena. He should be out of the league, preferably behind bars"

I got that the first time. You think him saying Babcock should be suspended for saying the team decided to go head hunting was referring to Bertuzzi and Moore in 2004.

rbtmcardle
04-16-2012, 05:02 AM
As a flyers fan, I am glad they are up 3-0, but that was some ugly hockey yesterday.. Neal and Asham should be suspended, and Crosby just proved again how childish he is... several Punk moves.

rice rocket
04-16-2012, 06:33 AM
The Asham hit was cheap and he'll get punished for sure, but having one player hold down your opponent while your teammate lines him up for a hit all the way back from the neutral zone is pretty cheap as well. :bike:

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-16-2012, 07:33 AM
As a flyers fan, I am glad they are up 3-0, but that was some ugly hockey yesterday.. Neal and Asham should be suspended, and Crosby just proved again how childish he is... several Punk moves.

"Sometimes, he just has to be a baby"

Dubinsky on Crosby.

Penguin's defense is a joke. Best was pulling Fleury, and the Flyers scored on Johnson very quickly. Asham is, was and always will be, a goon. Played exactly the same way on the Islanders. Stick to the throat=suspension and fine. That game couldn't have ended soon enough, was embarassing.

rbtmcardle
04-16-2012, 12:40 PM
The Asham hit was cheap and he'll get punished for sure, but having one player hold down your opponent while your teammate lines him up for a hit all the way back from the neutral zone is pretty cheap as well. :bike:

I can only presume that you are referring to the Schenn hit.. perhaps, though I didnt see where he started.. but the puck was tied up in their skates and it was a clean hit, arms down, didnt leave the ice.. unlike the Neal hit, puck was 15' away and he was aiming for his head, just like he did with Giroux.. the Flyers have had their share of idiot players in their days.. Laviolette didnt put the fourth line out there to rough up anyone after this all went down.. Crosby picked a fight with Timmonen who may have never fought in his career just so Letang could pummel him as Crosby skated away.. clearly the Pens management was just blowing smoke when they were speaking of protecting the players from needless headshots etc.. you would think Crosby who has an incredible amount of talent would tread lightly with being one cheap shot or hard clean hit from retiring.. like Premeau, Pronger and Ian Laperriere.. anyway.. its a hard sometimes dirty sport.. hopefully the only injuries are from legal hits and not cheap shots..

pedlpwrd
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Very well stated Nicki. I especially love the claping. I couldn't help myself but singsonging "Let's go Rangers!" while typing this! LOL.
But Rob may be right, part of your loyalty, although you've stated you've grown up a Rangers fan, nowadays, your obsession with Henrik may be the bigger issue lol. :p

rice rocket
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I can only presume that you are referring to the Schenn hit.. perhaps, though I didnt see where he started.. but the puck was tied up in their skates and it was a clean hit, arms down, didnt leave the ice.. unlike the Neal hit, puck was 15' away and he was aiming for his head, just like he did with Giroux.. the Flyers have had their share of idiot players in their days.. Laviolette didnt put the fourth line out there to rough up anyone after this all went down.. Crosby picked a fight with Timmonen who may have never fought in his career just so Letang could pummel him as Crosby skated away.. clearly the Pens management was just blowing smoke when they were speaking of protecting the players from needless headshots etc.. you would think Crosby who has an incredible amount of talent would tread lightly with being one cheap shot or hard clean hit from retiring.. like Premeau, Pronger and Ian Laperriere.. anyway.. its a hard sometimes dirty sport.. hopefully the only injuries are from legal hits and not cheap shots..

I didn't say it wasn't legal, it still pretty damn cheap to have your teammate pin an opponent against the boards so you can lineup for a devastating hit. That's what Asham was responding to, which he (deservedly) will get penalized for.

Also, I thought this was amusing.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/laf/2960326885.html

MealsOnWheels
04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Just a few hours till game time, lets get a W!

learningtoride
04-16-2012, 06:34 PM

learningtoride
04-16-2012, 07:53 PM

MealsOnWheels
04-16-2012, 08:29 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
this is KILLING me already!!!!
K- Im done. Thanks.
PS. Lundqvist RULES!!!!

GOAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL - Take that OTT!

jeduardo
04-16-2012, 08:45 PM
They'll sell you the whole seat but tonight you will only need the edge
Much nicer all around game being played this evening
With like 5min left and only a 1 goal lead away, may I suggest that NY works much harder (stronger 4checking) to score a cushion goal.
Yes, you know I'll definitely be on edge tomorrow as my Devils return home
series @ 1-1

rbtmcardle
04-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I didn't say it wasn't legal, it still pretty damn cheap to have your teammate pin an opponent against the boards so you can lineup for a devastating hit. That's what Asham was responding to, which he (deservedly) will get penalized for.

Also, I thought this was amusing.

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/laf/2960326885.html

That ad caught me off guard.. almost spit out my Raisin Bran!

learningtoride
04-16-2012, 09:37 PM

learningtoride
04-16-2012, 09:38 PM

jeduardo
04-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Hockey fans are some of the greatest, most dedicated people out there, and I'm so proud to be one of them

That ad caught me off guard.. almost spit out my Raisin Bran!

learningtoride
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
-

Jack Brunk
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
has some hockey too. How about a 3-0 lead for the LA Kings. We got some hockey! Go Kings!

rice rocket
04-16-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.sullysbrand.com/img_model/1308158328.jpg

:fight:

toolman605
04-17-2012, 09:00 AM
I was at the Joe for the game 3 loss.. Talk about penalities!
I'm hoping for a win tonight!
Go Wings!

jeduardo
04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Man, you got to be kidding me. NO GOAL thanks to a mystery interference call. We NEED to be able to review those. That puck was well by that Chump Clemmensen and he was never hampered by Bernier he just didn't dave the puck.
Hmmm pulling Brodeur may be a bad idea, but after 3 straight goals who knows? We shall see

jeduardo
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
ZERO composure We were all over this 2nd rate team, for crying out loud we were leading by 3 goals to nil. All these silly penalties are KILLING us, and we can't seem to buy a draw in the offensive end.
I'm starting to get that same stomach ache I got when we lost to Flyers in the 09/10 season.
WELL...at least the METS won...ARGH :crap:

rice rocket
04-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Shan-a-ban has spoken.

1 game for Neal (somehow, I was thinking more like 3).
1 game for Backstrom (idiot).
3 games for Shaw (even dumber).
4 games for Asham (a little much in my opinion).

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Shan-a-ban has spoken.

1 game for Neal (somehow, I was thinking more like 3).
1 game for Backstrom (idiot).
3 games for Shaw (even dumber).
4 games for Asham (a little much in my opinion).

The officiating and the disciplinary action in this year's playoffs are a joke. I doubt Shanny is making the decisions. More likely the higher ups are. He's just the mouth piece.

"You have to hand the Flyers a lot of credit. In every game they've capitalized and capitalized on the opportunities they've been given and have played real well." -- Penguins' coach Dan Bylsma. Stop giving them opportunities, numb nuts! And stop pulling Hartnell's hair.

Penguins/Flyers should be fun. Without Asham, Pens will have as much grit as a bowling alley. And less dirty play. Flyers sweep.

GO RANGERS!!!

rbtmcardle
04-18-2012, 10:07 AM
The officiating and the disciplinary action in this year's playoffs are a joke. I doubt Shanny is making the decisions. More likely the higher ups are. He's just the mouth piece.

"You have to hand the Flyers a lot of credit. In every game they've capitalized and capitalized on the opportunities they've been given and have played real well." -- Penguins' coach Dan Bylsma. Stop giving them opportunities, numb nuts! And stop pulling Hartnell's hair.

Penguins/Flyers should be fun. Without Asham, Pens will have as much grit as a bowling alley. And less dirty play. Flyers sweep.

GO RANGERS!!!

I think Neal should have gotten 2 games.. he apparently has had issues earlier this year and last year.. Asham is a non factor, Neal is a pretty big loss for the Pens.. I think Flyers win the series, but if the Pens win tonight, it probably goes the distance.

rbtmcardle
04-18-2012, 10:08 AM
I cant believe the no goal call against the Coyotes late in the 3rd.. that was a blatant mistake by the refs.. why not allow them to review it.

jeduardo
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Adams and especially Neal big losses for the Pens, but 4 games for Asham seems a bit excessive IMO, but he is a bit too goonish for his own good. These suspensions maybe rally points for the team? Fleury really NEEDS to play better, but over the years Pens seem to have played better when missing key team components, I guess we shall see if brooms are needed.

BTW: Phoenix's Torres NEEDS to be GONE for a LONG time! He's a long time/well known goon, who has a history of leaving his feets to deliver hits.

Devils: Prudential Center is cursed! Please bring back the Christmas Tree uniforms in hopes of setting some sort of fire underneath my team and our rather soft, in comparison to say...the Flyers, home fans (Damn, just look at all the seated "Tie Guys" in the stands)!

jeduardo
04-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Game four just began and you just took a high sticking under 2min in. Hey doesn't your silly-a*s team understand that they NEED to win
GOAL-Philly scored on PP as I'm typing this
Penguin fans may just want to go cry in a dark corner or start downing Wild Turkey in some dive bar

clweed
04-18-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm flipping to Survivor........or Idol :help:

clweed
04-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Just kidding ;)I'm flipping to Survivor........or Idol :help:

clweed
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Penguin fans may just want to go cry in a dark corner or start downing Wild Turkey in some dive bar
:beer::beer::banana::banana:

rbtmcardle
04-18-2012, 08:32 PM
Ouch. What a spanking.

jeduardo
04-18-2012, 10:01 PM
I guess my rallying around adversity idea seems to have come to fruition. Maybe I should have directed my earlier comments at Philly. Anyway...
What's up, with this series, these Pennsylvania goaltenders have been just plain awful, I remember witnessing better saves while playing floor hockey back in grade school?

:beer::beer::banana::banana:

rab
04-18-2012, 11:10 PM
How in the world does he get just a $2500 fine for that WWE move? Seems the league really cant suspend players during the playoffs?

Seriously...this just looks worse now after the suspensions recently handed out.
NHL seriously dropped the ball when they didn't suspend Weber, probably should have been multiple games too. He gets nothing but then over the next week there are something like 8 suspensions?

Backstrom gets suspended while Ovechkin got nothing for the crosscheck on Seidenberg?

Normally I think playoff hockey is well regulated but it seems like this season has been kind of...lousy?

toolman605
04-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Seriously...this just looks worse now after the suspensions recently handed out.
NHL seriously dropped the ball when they didn't suspend Weber, probably should have been multiple games too.

How he got away without at least a one game suspension is a real mystery to me! The guy's a goon!

4Rings6Stars
04-19-2012, 08:30 AM
I think hockey is losing a lot of fans (not me, I'm a lifer) over this rubbish.

It makes hockey look like the joke sport most people think it is.

jeduardo
04-19-2012, 07:42 PM
I witnessed some decent 1st period action. The boys in red/black got off a number of quality shots, but even more importantly there was plenty of great defense by the boys from Jersey.

Second Period: GOAL, Devils came out fast, put together a very effective looking power play which culminated in a deflection style goal by the man Parise. Now 2nd intermission is here
Devils looking tough shorthanded, I think this may just be our night but who knows since we should have won 2 nights ago
BTW: I truly hate this unnecessarily giant Prudential building. It is way too hard too sell out (maybe cuz it's in Newark & nobody really wants to go there), and it is so impersonal that it dilutes our home fan appreciation/overall noise. Please move us back home to Brendan Byrne-Continental Airlines Arena because the crown noise there was beyond deafening.

OK: I messed-up (well...sort of) in saying that the Prudential is much larger than Conti Air Arena, because they have about the same # of total sale-able seats. I was a bit confused because I was only looking it from a hockey perspective, there are less hockey seats available than say for basketball

Devils-1 Panters-ZIP

wc1934
04-19-2012, 07:50 PM
NHL seriously dropped the ball when they didn't suspend Weber, probably should have been multiple games too. He gets nothing but then over the next week there are something like 8 suspensions?

Backstrom gets suspended while Ovechkin got nothing for the crosscheck on Seidenberg?

Normally I think playoff hockey is well regulated but it seems like this season has been kind of...lousy?

Agree - refs have not been consistent (tonight I hope they let them play). Ovechkin is the star, but Caps will definitely miss Backstrom.

MealsOnWheels
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Last night was crazy but clock issues in Washington...

PS I am putting in my two weeks at working at trying out to be the Philly Goalie. Haven't played in 10 years but I could have done a better job.

jeduardo
04-19-2012, 09:38 PM
ALL over from Newark, and the Devils dominate with the 4-0 win.
Devils play great and shut down/out the flat looking Panthers.
Brodeur gets his NHL leading 24th playoff shutout...Sorry Patrick your #2 now and you're playing career is 9 years done (you were great goalie but...at 39 MB is still standing strong between the pipes)
Panther goalie Jose Theodore will be starter in FL, because Scott Clemmensen's confidence, like little Timmy's diaper, is soiled
Come-On you Devils lets return from FL with the lead

PS: This Phoenix-v-Chicago series has been the BEST. We are heading into another overtime!!!

Devils-1 Panters-ZIP

slowerthanyou
04-20-2012, 03:46 AM
Roy must be inconsolable.

BobC
04-20-2012, 08:30 AM
I am losing my mind over the Blackhawks

- Crawford is crap in OT (I so miss Niemi)
- Oduya is crap all the time
- Not having Hossa & Shaw is killing us
- Toews is not 100% yet
- Hawks play like a bunch of rookies. Come out sooooooooo hot at the start of the game & then slowly go into a decaying orbit. They have to be the MOST hot-cold team in the NHL.

Gotta give credit to Phoenix -- great goaltending, fantastic forechecking & stick play. But I don't EVER want to Torres play again. He needs to be gone forever.

rice rocket
04-20-2012, 10:02 AM
- Hawks play like a bunch of rookies. Come out sooooooooo hot at the start of the game & then slowly go into a decaying orbit. They have to be the MOST hot-cold team in the NHL.

Ha. Did you watch the Penguins play the first 2 playoff games? 3-0 to start the first game and they lose 4-3. Same deal w/ the second game, 3-1 and they lose 8-5. :/

Also agreed about Torres. Find some other league to play in. Although, you can't spell asshole with h-o-s-s-a. ;)

clweed
04-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Whats the over/under on the Pens v Flyers.

MealsOnWheels
04-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Whats the over/under on the Pens v Flyers.

Not sure but 100% chance of a fight and at least 3 more goals!

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-21-2012, 01:23 PM
Torres gone for 25 games. $21K+ per game in forfeited salary.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=629019

learningtoride
04-21-2012, 06:15 PM

learningtoride
04-21-2012, 06:16 PM

jeduardo
04-21-2012, 06:33 PM
You beantown fans were so quick to defend your cup "hero" Thomas earlier, but now he needs some real :help:
Caps can and will send the bumble bees to the golf course if they can't find an answer to their desperately bulimic offense
I mean this minute,

pedlpwrd
04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
yeah. Bruins haven't been looking so good I agree. And now the Rangers are facing a possible game 5 shutout.
I think hockey makes me want to drink when the games are playing like this!

jeduardo
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
:crap::crap::crap:
Man, we were playing so well through the 1st + some of 2nd period, and even into the early parts of the 3rd we were hanging on by our short-n-curlies.
:butt: ...Then we went to pieces. W/no REAL decent shots on goal to talk about, we let Marty Brodeur get shelled all game long. We're truly not playing any better than Boston, and now we're in a similar/sinking boat. WE have to stop taking brainless penalties just because we have the best penalty killing in the league...If you're too slow on the ice, you commit penalties, people start to think your penalty killing is tough, then they want see just how tough, and we'll end up golfing with the Wings/Sharks & soon to be eliminated B-Hawks.
COME-ON you Devils you're killing me over here :(

...the bumble bees to the golf course if they can't find an answer to their desperately bulimic offense

Louis
04-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Blues move on. Good home win despite two lackluster periods. Sharks scored first with just a bit left in the 2nd period, but the Blues put them way 3-1 in the 3rd. (Last goal was an empty-netter.)

singlecross
04-22-2012, 08:22 AM
You beantown fans were so quick to defend your cup "hero" Thomas earlier, but now he needs some real :help:
Caps can and will send the bumble bees to the golf course if they can't find an answer to their desperately bulimic offense
I mean this minute,

Conn Smythe winners usually are heros to their teams... That being said Thomas' play yesterday was obviously sub-par. I'll still take him on my side any day.

These have all been one goal games in which the Bruins have had the advantage in time of possession and shots, generally outplaying the Caps. They have run into a goaltender (Holtby) who is in the zone and playing outstanding.... Good for him and bad for the Bruins... but lets call it what it is, a hot goaltender carrying his club. Holtby is keeping the Caps in this series... for now.

singlecross

jeduardo
04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
Braden Holtby has been very good, but, in general, so have the Caps. Ovechkin has been kept off the score board to this point, but Washington has received 6 goals + 7 assists from their top five in-season producers during this series. IMHO the Bruins have done what my Devils seem to have done as well...UNDERESTIMATED their opponent's drive/will to win.
Boston and NJ really need to work for those quality shot opportunities and work to stay out of the ole penalty box.
I know that I'll be watching the Devil's 1st period, Monday night, w/fingers crossed and only one nervous eye open.

Conn Smythe winners usually are heros to their teams... That being said Thomas' play yesterday was obviously sub-par. I'll still take him on my side any day.

These have all been one goal games in which the Bruins have had the advantage in time of possession and shots, generally outplaying the Caps. They have run into a goaltender (Holtby) who is in the zone and playing outstanding.... Good for him and bad for the Bruins... but lets call it what it is, a hot goaltender carrying his club. Holtby is keeping the Caps in this series... for now.

singlecross

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-22-2012, 01:27 PM
I mean this minute,

That second goal the Caps scored, Thomas absolutely should have stopped. I think his "floppy" style bit him in the ass. Ovechkin needs to score, right now.

Paging Marian Gaborik.........

learningtoride
04-22-2012, 01:58 PM

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-22-2012, 01:59 PM
Bye bye Pittsburgh.

learningtoride
04-22-2012, 02:02 PM

rbtmcardle
04-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Didn't get to watch the last two games due to traveling... BUT so glad to be moving on.. Let's go Sens and Caps!!!

jeduardo
04-22-2012, 11:28 PM
NBA violence can be just as appalling on occasion.
DUDE! Ron Artest may be coming Back ...Meta Weird Peace just leveled OKC's James Harden with a vicious head hunting elbow-attack during the waning minutes of the second half in Sunday's Laker/Thunder matchup. The Artest/Harden video has probably gone viral by now...but who needs U-tube when those Disney sport whores have done their best to over expose the violent incident on their own.
Now that is sports-violence worthy of a long suspension...
Maybe Ron can give Torres a call and they can go to those mandated anger management classes together.:rolleyes:

rice rocket
04-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Torres isn't a fighter, he acted out of ill intent to maim. That's not anger, that's just being a dirtbag.

MealsOnWheels
04-23-2012, 09:07 PM
when you cut me i bleed ranger blue!!!
Clap- clap- clapclapclap! :hello:

back to nyc!!

learningtoride
04-23-2012, 10:09 PM

dyerwolf
04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Indeed, it's been a wonderul post season with some incredible playing from all parties. The level of play is quite impressive and a great joy to watch (almost every night) regardless of the series or your regional affilaitions.
So as my 3 year old daughter says with a fist bump, "Go B's"!

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Neil is a b*tch. He couldn't shine Avery's shoes. A well known dirty player, plain and simple. He didn't kick that damn puck in, and Santa Claus was doing shots of Tequila with the effing Easter Bunny 3 Sundays ago at Heartbreakers!!!!:p But if that player had a blue jersey on........ Effing officials.

How about the Kings? Who knew?

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-24-2012, 04:32 PM
back to nyc!!

holla!!!!

rbtmcardle
04-24-2012, 04:40 PM
As I am traveling, I haven't been able to watch the past few games, however, reading the box scores, I would say the zebras got word from the home office for the second period.. Almost 4 mins straight of penalties and then a gift of a 5 on 3 for what reads as a "senators player clearly guided by two rangers into the goalie" come on.. You could call a penalty on every shift.. If the rangers lost that game, they should be ashamed of themselves.. I'll be home in time to watch Thursday, and as a Flyers fan I will root for Ottawa, they'll be easier to beat than the NYR to get to the cup. :) :cool:

learningtoride
04-24-2012, 05:54 PM
=

jeduardo
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
1st period just ended and after seriously outshooting the Panthers we are actually leading by only a single goal
Jekyll/Hyde Devils-Ultra tough/fast at play home, but geriatric play displayed on the road
No more to say 2 this point, but...
Lets go Devils

jeduardo
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
COME ON!!?!
Awful play in the offensive end. This Panther team is ripe for the picking and yet my Devils can't get any quality plays/shots together. We NEED to WIN...hey Devils...WAKE THE F__* Up Please. Start skating like you mean it
ZERO PASSION TONIGHT, and moreover we are making that back-up goalie/NJ cast off Clemmensen look like a top tier netminder
DAMN...Pete De Boer you better have read these assholes the riot act in the locker room cuz here comes OT

Jekyll/Hyde Devils-Ultra tough/fast at play home, but geriatric play displayed on the road
No more to say 2 this point, but...
Lets go Devils

GOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!: Devils Win In OT. Game 7 here we come

learningtoride
04-25-2012, 12:54 AM

jeduardo
04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I found it very interesting how more than 80% of your "fans" headed for the exits well before their beloved Cup champions got the chance to thank you for your "support" this season. Man, that was WICKED bush-leage action displayed by a large % of the garden filled by fair-weather Bruin supporters.
Come on Bruin fans, your team played VERY well in the playoffs, but they ran into a real playoff-hot goal tender and generally just a team who craved the win quite a bit more. Good work Mr. Hunter your team is played great.
Will Ranger fans act the same way when G. Anderson, C. Neal, and their Ottawa Senators roll you out of the playoffs & an M.S.G which hasn't observed a game 7 in approximately 17 years (I believe)?

ElvisMerckx
04-26-2012, 06:47 AM

For now, and in to round 2 at least.

ElvisMerckx
04-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Yes, Boston, the Caps have a Cyberdyne Systems model T-888 in goal.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1083495/pev.gif

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Guess we still are in the dark ages.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Some+racist+tweets+directed+Washington+Capitals+Jo el+Ward+after+winner/6523198/story.html

The next round has to be NJD-NYR. I mean, really, the Senators and the Panthers? No, really? Would that even be televised?

TMB
04-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Guess we still are in the dark ages.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Some+racist+tweets+directed+Washington+Capitals+Jo el+Ward+after+winner/6523198/story.html

The next round has to be NJD-NYR. I mean, really, the Senators and the Panthers? No, really? Would that even be televised?

I did not realize that the Sun had picked that up, appeared closer to you last night

http://capitalsoutsider.com/2012/04/25/social-media-around-game-7-is-tainted-by-racism/

They are holding prayer meetings in the NHL offices today praying that the Rangers win as it is the only hope to salvage TV audience.

There is a rumour going around that the Rangers will have two goalies in the net tonight, one of them will be the little troll, Bettman. That is how desperate he is.

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Bettman is a joke. Completely out of touch. When the Nashville Predators (who just advanced, winning against Detroit, which I'm sure caused some ogida (slang spellcheck anyone?) for Bettman) were going through their troubles, Bettman was very vocal about moving them if they were sold. And where he wanted to move them. Places like Kentucky. I'm sure it's very nice there, and I'm sure there are rabid sports fans there, but for hockey? There are many markets that are literally begging for a hockey team (Hartford, Quebec etc.), but apparently Bettman (and the NHL, for that matter) seems deaf to the "real" (RE not fair weather) hockey fans.

TMB
04-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Bettman is a joke. Completely out of touch. When the Nashville Predators (who just advanced, winning against Detroit, which I'm sure caused some ogida (slang spellcheck anyone?) for Bettman) were going through their troubles, Bettman was very vocal about moving them if they were sold. And where he wanted to move them. Places like Kentucky. I'm sure it's very nice there, and I'm sure there are rabid sports fans there, but for hockey? There are many markets that are literally begging for a hockey team (Hartford, Quebec etc.), but apparently Bettman (and the NHL, for that matter) seems deaf to the "real" (RE not fair weather) hockey fans.

Bettman wants the NHL out of Canada, with the possible exceptions of Toronto and Montreal.

He would be happiest if all of the other Canadian teams went away.

He still views the US TV market as the holy grail and is determined to force Americans to love the NHL, whether they want to or not.

If Nashville fails, then try somewhere else. Some other non hockey market.

learningtoride
04-26-2012, 04:20 PM

jeduardo
04-26-2012, 06:24 PM
First: LETS GO DEVILS. I'm all for Devil/Ranger matchup, because I'll be in NYC occupying my brother's guest bedroom in hopes of getting tickets for M.S.G. Man, now all I can think about is donning my ceremonial black-n-red ala David Putty, because "you've got to support your team"!

Second:
Bettman just doesn't get it. No matter how hard that arrogant schmuck tries, you just can't hang the NHL's future health on a small percentage of Northern transplants. A few transplants and a handful of converts, to date, have not been able to make Southern hockey profitable.
Man, Gary is crazy! I happened to be living in Cary NC when they uprooted the Whale. My job had tickets 1999/2000, and I went to several of those slush rink games in April. It's too damn hot in April, south of the Mason-Dixon, to play F-ing hockey, and besides I highly doubt any Southern kid ever got the chance to play a frozen pond pick-em-up.
I'm all for bringing back the Whalers, b-cuz there are plenty of die-hard hockey fans in CT/RI/Western Ma who would support a return of the NHL. The CT Whale (http://www.ctwhale.com/home/) (Ranger's AHL sister team) has consistent/growing fan support for an AHL affiliate.

Bettman is a joke. Completely out of touch. There are many markets that are literally begging for a hockey team (Hartford...

jeduardo
04-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Head to Head Panther Violence
2 Panther players crash into each other head-on (blood-drawn) right outside of the face-off circle
I'm sorry, for former Devil John Madden, I hope he is ok. They've taken him to the LR.
W/this incident aside, NJ is up

NYR/Senators=Stick Violence: Did anyone else notice how Erik Karlsson went w/a 2handed smash of his stick against his own goal-post. Now that was some seriously committed sportsmanship from the Swede

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Bye Bye Neil, and your Senators

jeduardo
04-26-2012, 10:23 PM
WHY???? Why NJ do you always seem to do this to me
Why do my Devils keep doing this to me? Poor passing, taking unnecessary, stupid penalties
Give-Up penalties and then give up 2 goals
No penalties=No Panther goals and Devils skate into the second round, but instead we have to chew our nails through yet another overtime
COME-ON New Jersey; I REALLY don't want us to have to go golfing w/Bruins

learningtoride
04-26-2012, 10:37 PM

TMB
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Any remaining interest I had in the playoffs ended tonight.

I have some curiosity about both PHX and Nashville ( there are players on both teams I know), but nowhere near enough to turn on the TV and sit down to watch a game.

Bettman better hope the Rangers go a very long way.

jeduardo
04-26-2012, 11:18 PM
HERE WE COME PHILLY!
We're not some weak-ass team from Pittsburgh so be ready
DEVILS WIN in 2nd overtime 3-2
Nice, my girl is gonna be wicked pissed, since my playoff beard is really coming in now, and she hates it.
Oh Yeah...The METS swept the hapless Marlins after a comeback 9th inning win

learningtoride
04-28-2012, 07:30 AM
:

jeduardo
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Another vg/exciting o-time game last night which made my Devilish heart seriously pine for Sunday's match-up w/Philly. Nashville outshot Phoenix by nearly 20 but still they lost out in the face-off battle, especially in the all important offensive end (NJ take note). For the most part, both teams were able to keep themselves out of the P-box (again, NJ take note), only 16 total shared minutes.
Turnpike series begins Sun at 3pm, and though I'm ready I can only hope my Devils are as well.

learningtoride
04-28-2012, 04:44 PM

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Another vg/exciting o-time game last night which made my Devilish heart seriously pine for Sunday's match-up w/Philly. Nashville outshot Phoenix by nearly 20 but still they lost out in the face-off battle, especially in the all important offensive end (NJ take note). For the most part, both teams were able to keep themselves out of the P-box (again, NJ take note), only 16 total shared minutes.
Turnpike series begins Sun at 3pm, and though I'm ready I can only hope my Devils are as well.

IMO, it's going to come down to which Brodeur is in net today. The old Brodeur, or the Brodeur that looks old. We've seen both in the last series. Another series that will go 7 games, IMO.

rbtmcardle
04-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Flyers in 5

jeduardo
04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Flyers ran rough-shot over a junior varsity level Pittsburg team & that is not any way to gauge their playoff prowess.
IMHO series will go all the way and then we will see what happens.
My Devils need to put more shots on goal and then look for rebound chances and I especially wish to see STRONG forechecking
Hey Jersey...NO stupid penalties please

pedlpwrd
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
:banana::banana::banana:

I AM SO PROUD TO BE A BLUESHIRT!!
MY HOT GOALIE IS THE SH!!!!!!T!!! lol

Lol, Nicki, you are very cute. "your hot goalie" has played very well. My son and I really enjoyed watching the game yesterday. I hope you're right and the Cup clearly has a shot at being brought home here to NY.
"Let's go Rangers!"

TMB
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
I REALLY. Want the Rangers to get bounced, sooner the better.

I want to watch Bettman choking on his smug tongue as he watches the Rangers lose out.

pedlpwrd
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Although I agree with you that Bettmen is an idiot. I find that the players on the team have worked very hard. It shouldn't be the althletes to pay for the higher ups faults.

These kids have played a great season. And they, in their hard work, deserve the earned shot at bringing home the Cup.

I guess on this topic we will be nemesis lol.

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Rangers winning or losing will not change a thing in the NHL, or Bettman's incompetence. Like it or not, the Rangers, Canadiens, Mapleleafs and the Redwings (and the like) carry the league. Nashville generates enough revenue to really make money? Not likely. Sucks, but it's the way it is. Marquee teams bring the big dollars, which is all the current NHL regime cares about. Only way to make changes to remove Bettman. Not to worry, Bettman is no happy camper with the Nashville-Phoenix series. Remember, it could be worse, the NHL could be more like the NBA.

As far as the Rangers getting bounced? Not early, and not likely. Washington sure as hell isn't going to do it. And neither is Philly. And I doubt NJ will outlast Philly. Marty looks damn shaky (he just dropped his stick for no apparent reason). And as J mentioned, they need to stop the dumb penalties, which they continue to get.

Finals, NYR-St Louis.

learningtoride
04-29-2012, 05:06 PM

jeduardo
04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
An awesome 1st game between 2 serious playoff foes.
Why can't we clear our own end? We continue to turn the puck over to the opposing players in our end, and that, long w/numerous useless penalties are causing me to scare the neighbors with the high volume of my turrets style cursing. F-ing this, GD that...etc. etc. etc. I'm sure all you hockey fans know what I speak of
We may have lost this one, but playing a team who have been resting, for the most part, since the 1st round (I have to reiterate, Pittsburg was a JOKE). I witnessed a tough NJ team which skated quite well against a high quality Flyer team. Man, Philly just seems to play lights-out at home, and sometimes the entire thing is just overwhelming (at least for me).
Many of our classic errors emerged today, but they should cease to exist by the next game.

Louis
04-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, unless we see one of the greatest comebacks in playoff hockey, I'd say that the Blues are cooked.

The Kings are the real deal.

Cloud
05-01-2012, 03:06 AM
Now that I'm all caught up on my DVR I can actually check this thread. I'm glad I'm too late for the Pittsburgh bashing but being from Arizona and live in NYC so I'm a happy camper thus far.

Anyone in Brooklyn/Manhattan know have recommendations for Ranger bars or even better, Coyote's gatherings?

zap
05-01-2012, 06:32 AM
snip

As far as the Rangers getting bounced? Not early, and not likely. Washington sure as hell isn't going to do it.

Washington has a smart coach (finally) and lurking talent. Green, horrible game last night but hopefully the hits woke him up.

Washington in 6 (if Green plays better, 7 if not)) but next round goes to Philly.

jeduardo
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
snip
Washington has a smart coach (finally) and lurking talent. Green, horrible game last night but hopefully the hits woke him up.

I completely agree that these Caps have a good deal of sneaky talent (Boston slept on their talent and were left to hit the links) that is emerging in these playoffs (unimpressive during regular season). IMHO if the Rangers disrespect this caps team in a manner similar to Boston, they will be on the greens in 7
Since I bleed red & black, I just can't agree that Philly will be around for the next round, and besides...I truly want the chance to drop $450 for a seat at MSG to support "THE TEAM" :cool:

jeduardo
05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I said it once, and I'll say it again...don't sleep on the NJ DEVILS!
Philly shot their load way too early. Flyers narrowly scraped by in overtime 2 nights ago, and they seemingly forgot that a hockey game is 3 periods long and not just 10 minutes. Zach please just keep shooting because the rebounds/goals will follow.
Some of those people "in the know" like to disrespect my Devils, but it appears they have forgotten that our win/loss record finished only 1 point behind Philly. *Sure our goal differential was rather poor, but Pittsburg had the best in Atlantic and we all know what that got them?
So, back up the Pike we go to Newark for game 3 and we will see what some home ice can do for Kovalchuk's health and for the Devils 1-1 confidence.

NextTime
05-02-2012, 09:43 PM
And don't sleep on the Kings! (I'd love to see them bring back the purple and the gold.)

jeduardo
05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Ranger fans, this is a sweet match-up and this game has been supa fun to watch. NYRs ooooh soooo lucky that OV choked the chicken on that point-blank shot when crushed the post while looking at basically an open left hand side:eek:

rbtmcardle
05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Ranger fans, this is a sweet match-up and this game has been supa fun to watch. NYRs ooooh soooo lucky that OV choked the chicken on that point-blank shot when crushed the post while looking at basically an open left hand side:eek:

Make that 3ot, though I am a flyers fan, I will admit it is an incredible game.. Now if the caps could just finish it!

learningtoride
05-03-2012, 04:41 AM

zap
05-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Tough loss for the Caps.

But this kinder, gentler NHL is odd. I would prefer that ref's put the whistle away (especially late in game/OT) and let the players play.

rbtmcardle
05-03-2012, 08:18 AM
I watched to the end.. it was great hockey.. I agree the stripes shouldnt determine the outcome of games, so I was glad that a PP goal did not end the game either way.. the Caps generally had the better of the play but just could not finish..

now time for the Flyers to go up 2-1 tonight

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-03-2012, 09:07 AM
"stripes shouldnt determine the outcome"

+1 gadzillion (heard at a schoolyard).

The officiating in this year's playoffs is atrocious. And not just against NYR. How Kovalchuk didn't get a penalty for wacking a Flyer in the face with his stick last game, is beyond me. The reviews are no better. Maybe the refs should watch the games on TV.

rbtmcardle
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
"stripes shouldnt determine the outcome"

+1 gadzillion (heard at a schoolyard).

The officiating in this year's playoffs is atrocious. And not just against NYR. How Kovalchuk didn't get a penalty for wacking a Flyer in the face with his stick last game, is beyond me. The reviews are no better. Maybe the refs should watch the games on TV.

Didnt see the Kovalchuk play.. or dont remember, but Brodeur should have gotten a penalty for that punching of JVR in the back of the head.. there is a discussion on CNNSI regarding the future of Goaltender Interference being a reviewable play on goal reviews.. I sure hope not.. its getting as bad as the NFL with protecting the QB..

jeduardo
05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
What a hard fought game (both teams played tough).
After killing off 2 (count em) power plays, NJ takes out Philly in OT thanks to some sweet work in the offensive end by returning Kovalchuk (3 points) and a sweet finish by Alexei.
We worked real hard, and our forecheck/line cycling was textbook in the 1st, asleep in the 2nd, but returned late in the 3rd and continued through the OT.
We truly needed to hold serve this evening, a Very Happy Devil fan here :),
Wow, I guess these NY teams know something about to how to succeed in the Playoffs :cool:
We take series lead 2-1

now time for the Flyers to go up 2-1 tonight

jeduardo
05-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Hot-Damn...just 40seconds after giving up the tying goal to STL Blues in the second period, Kings rush back the other way and bury the biscuit in the basket!
I think LA moves on, because I can't see the Blues staying out of "the box" and I don't see MacInnis and Turgeon suiting up and coming through STL's door
PS: I'm with the purple/gold switch especially since IMHO the King's franchise probably doesn't want to align themselves w/those tarnished Raiders

And don't sleep on the Kings! (I'd love to see them bring back the purple and the gold.)

jeduardo
05-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Mr. Brodeur you are the greatest. We thank you for all the extraordinary memories, and I truly believe, in my heart, that there are many, many more stories to be written.

Devils leave Newark up 2 games and just keep marching on, but now back down the Pike we will go, and the Devil faithful will be supporting "the team" all the way.

rbtmcardle
05-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow, the devils are playing incredibly good and the flyers incredibly bad... Sure is more lopsided than it seems it should be..one more game.. If the flyers win game 5, they win the series, but, sad to say I doubt they win game 5. :eek:

Viper
05-07-2012, 09:23 PM
That Ranger game was out of control. :banana:

MealsOnWheels
05-07-2012, 09:28 PM
That Ranger game was out of control. :banana:

Agreed! It was nuts! This series is going to 7 games

NextTime
05-07-2012, 09:30 PM
Let's go Rangers!

zap
05-08-2012, 08:57 AM
tough loss for the caps. :eek:

Go caps. :banana:

bikerboy337
05-08-2012, 09:51 AM
but have become a Rangers fan for this playoff series due to my college roots at Boston College. We're all hoping that Chris Kreider can win two championships in the same season. He just finished a stud carrer at BC, and was called up for the playoffs with the Rangers. What an amazing year he would have if he won both the National Championship and the Stanley Cup in the same year...

csm
05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
I'd hate to be Washington.... NY is on a tear.

lets go Rangers!

rice rocket
05-08-2012, 07:53 PM
So if this happens again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlLbJHKw8M), you think the NHL will crack down?

Viper
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
So if this happens again (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIlLbJHKw8M), you think the NHL will crack down?

In hockey, there are no jabs. Roundhouses and upper cuts. :)

I think if that happens again, the NHL will need to add more cameras and create three split-screens.

Fighting in hockey takes place on the ice. Sadly in the NFL and MLB, too many fights occur in the stands.

Tomorrow night's Ranger/Capital game could become ugly. We shall see.

I hear what you are saying, I don't promote violence. I would rather see hockey. I believe you will see the NHL crack down on violent hits, focusing on concussions/brain injuries. Hope so.

jeduardo
05-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Straight out of Newark and they have come for only 1 thing.
I hope that all you NYR or Caps fans are ready b-cuz the black and red menace are cup crazy.
LATER Philly you tried hard but...:(
Remember Flyer fans the 19th hole is usually the best on the course

rbtmcardle
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Hats off to the devils...flyers were outplayed and out coached.

I personally think fighting has a purpose in hockey.. There wouldn't be nearly as many cheap shots and dirty plays if the offender had to face a Dave Schultz type of player. So now, the players slash, elbow, hit high and have to face no more than a penalty at worst, and at best get a power play for the retaliation.

zap
05-09-2012, 08:15 AM

You must be young(er).

Montreal Canadians vs Quebec Nordiques early 80's. More players in the sin bin's than on the ice/benches. That was life in Quebec back then.

Hockey today is kinder/gentler but the skliz are way up.

Someone post that NYR are on a tear? rukidding.

I think tonights game will be controlled. Games are too close to take silly penalties.

learningtoride
05-09-2012, 03:25 PM

jeduardo
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Don't look now, but those Washington politicians just screwed you again, and to top things off they've evened the series. Classic playoff cliché: anything can happen in a game 7. Well then sir, though I respect the way the Rangers and Caps have played throughout this uneasily close series (told everyone that this Caps team had sneaky talent) I selfishly have to root for the NYRs, because I've already made temp plans to root-on my Devils in MSG
Washington has politics- but the hockey is all about NYR!
...you guys can come along from the turnpike and visit it!!!
WHAT? Seriously? We've easily jettisoned the "mighty" Flyers in 5 and yet the NYRs are still skating. Jab...Jab...Jab..."Now is ze time in Playoffs vhen ve dance!"!!

pedlpwrd
05-10-2012, 02:54 AM
I just couldn't even watch after the first period! I even said to my buddy "are you joking? The Devils are now watching in a hot tub and we are STILL dealing with the Caps." Alot of the intensity of this particular series is that both teams have very similar styles and it's made for a great entertainment. But let's bring an end to my misery boys lol. I think that not only is it healthy to have a NJ fan rooting the way but it'd be such a GREAT Stanley Cup playoff to have the tristate area in hockey frenzy!
I hope we get to fight about this later Jeduardo! Lol.
JAB JAB lol.
Let's see where we go from here!

zap
05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Green is playing better and better.

I like the fact that the Caps are still playing..............as this will serve them well when they hit New Jersey in game one next week.

Teams get a little rusty sitting around.

MealsOnWheels
05-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Agreed! It was nuts! This series is going to 7 games

:banana:

I called it Game 7...Here we go Rangers, Here we GO!!!

learningtoride
05-12-2012, 03:42 PM
-

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Lundsanity better rear it's Kid Gorgeous head :cool:. Reality is, Henrik isn't the problem, it's lack of forechecking and scoring. Tort's better change his strategy from what he had runnin' Wed.

Let's Go Rangers!!!!

HOLTBY.............HOLTBY.............HOLTBY

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
1-0!!!! Yes, the Rangers have found forechecking. Richards is worth every effing penny. And yes, Lundqvist also know's he's been weak on the upper glove side, so what do you think he did in practice? Probably took 500 shots to the upper glove side. Try another spot, bitches!!

Paging Ovechkin................

Viper
05-12-2012, 09:07 PM
One of the best hockey series I have seen in a long while. Someone had to lose. Both teams were so evenly matched. Great hockey. Rangers need to step it up for the Devils. I honestly think the Rangers will be a better team in the next few years than they are today. Curious to see if they can get to the Cup.

Nobody can rip on the Capitals. They played great team hockey.

learningtoride
05-12-2012, 10:07 PM

zap
05-13-2012, 06:32 AM
Congrats. Good game by the Rangers......they wanted it more too.

Will enjoy watching the remaing series.

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-13-2012, 06:54 AM
NYR NJD series will be epic.

pedlpwrd
05-13-2012, 03:49 PM
This series is going to be so much fun! I am so happy to have the boys in blue be so close at bringing the Cup back to MSG!
It's a great time to be a New Yorker!
Let's go Rangers!
It's everything you'd hoped for Jeduardo!! :banana:

MealsOnWheels
05-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Let's go RANGERS -

Remember Stephan Matteau Marty B?? I DO!!!!

1994 Part Deux!

learningtoride
05-14-2012, 07:16 PM

learningtoride
05-14-2012, 07:24 PM

jeduardo
05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
AND so it begins...

My Devils forecheck/cycle is working sort of, getting shots off, but working the puck by Henrik is going to take some serious work.
We keep puck in NYR end and we keep their defense working OT our chances will come as the tired defense makes errors
Lets keep it pushing boys

PS: Hunter leaving coaching is a real big loss for the Caps and the NHL in general. VG coach, Great Nordique!

learningtoride
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
:

Viper
05-14-2012, 09:11 PM
NYR NJD series will be epic.

Epicness is happening now. Twelve minutes to-go.

Edit: Nice goal, 2-0.

Can we get a JD, "Oh baby!"

Jack Brunk
05-14-2012, 09:28 PM
It would be a epic series.

Rangers Devils game as been terrific.

learningtoride
05-14-2012, 09:40 PM
-

jeduardo
05-14-2012, 10:35 PM
...we all know what that did for them :crap:
Rangers may have won (supposed to win at home), but NY team was outplayed for 2 solid periods.
How FRUSTRATING NYRs blocked so many of our shots that Henrik didn't even have to really work. Our brain fart/mental mistake (seriously nice puck watching by Devils) put you up 1 in begin of 3rd, and then foolishly putting you on the PP giving Chris Kreider a chance to make a nice shot on a seriously screened MB for goal #2
Ranger fans, you have know that the score doesn't truly reflect how this series will go. Henrik played very well (when called upon), your defensemen McDonagh played great, but overall not impressed with NYR's lackluster offense.
--> Bro may have a line on 2 ticks for wednesday at MSG:banana: 95462

It was a chant that went-- HENRI (clapclap) HENRI lol (JABJAB LOL XOXO)

learningtoride
05-14-2012, 10:41 PM
:

bikerboy337
05-15-2012, 09:52 AM
My boy Kreider had a decent game last night... :banana:

learningtoride
05-15-2012, 10:40 AM

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
Epicness is happening now. Twelve minutes to-go.

Edit: Nice goal, 2-0.

Can we get a JD, "Oh baby!"

JD, hell yeah!!. C'mon Davidson, nothing's going on in St Louis, come do some color, for old time's sake, for your old team.

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-15-2012, 11:46 AM
...we all know what that did for them :crap:
Rangers may have won (supposed to win at home), but NY team was outplayed for 2 solid periods.
How FRUSTRATING NYRs blocked so many of our shots that Henrik didn't even have to really work. Our brain fart/mental mistake (seriously nice puck watching by Devils) put you up 1 in begin of 3rd, and then foolishly putting you on the PP giving Chris Kreider a chance to make a nice shot on a seriously screened MB for goal #2
Ranger fans, you have know that the score doesn't truly reflect how this series will go. Henrik played very well (when called upon), your defensemen McDonagh played great, but overall not impressed with NYR's lackluster offense.
--> Bro may have a line on 2 ticks for wednesday at MSG:banana: 95462

And shutting down Kovalchuk and Parise didn't help NJD. And therein lies the problem when a good percentage of your scoring comes from two players.

learningtoride
05-16-2012, 02:19 PM

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Marty.............Marty............Marty.......... ....Marty

MealsOnWheels
05-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Puck drops at 8 my friend!! Lets get ready! :banana:

Cmon Mealsonwheels- I need a chanting buddy!

we need the blue army tonight!!!!

learningtoride
05-16-2012, 08:06 PM

MealsOnWheels
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
LTR (Learning to Rid)

WHAT A GOAL!!!!! talk about awesome!!

MealsOnWheels
05-16-2012, 08:34 PM
:beer: :banana:

GOAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL

:beer: :banana:

learningtoride
05-16-2012, 08:39 PM
:

learningtoride
05-16-2012, 09:55 PM
:

jeduardo
05-17-2012, 08:55 PM
The NJ fan bus has re returned...Happy-Happy-Joy-Joy!
We played better than you guys AGAIN but this time we actually won.
Missed game do to my brother's ticket mishap w/yet another Craigslist jerk-off, but at least we got to into CITI field to watch my METS bullpen blow another game. Anyway...
Watched the remainder of game at a Devil friendly bar, and cheered all the home. This may just shape-up to be the series we all hoped it would be.

WE WELCOME ALL BLUE SHIRTS TO NEWARK...but I doubt any will show, because if they do, their weak-ass MARTY chants will be left at the garden with what is left of their luck (jab-jab-jab)

learningtoride
05-17-2012, 10:36 PM

Jack Brunk
05-17-2012, 11:21 PM
don't stand a chance right now of beating the LA Kings.

Both series have been lights out.

You east coasters make sure to watch the video of tonights 3rd period against the Coyotes. Perfect hockey.

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-19-2012, 02:52 PM
To get the Marty...Marty taunt, in your own building is bad enough. To get the "Henrik" chant in your building must be brutal.

Good game, was tight until Girardi scored. Staal had Kovalchuk's number.

learningtoride
05-20-2012, 03:41 AM

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-20-2012, 04:22 AM
LA-Phoenix series being 3-0 has more to do with the Coyotes' horrible play. I am very much looking forward to an LAK-NYR final.

learningtoride
05-20-2012, 05:13 AM
:

rice rocket
05-20-2012, 03:25 PM
LA-Phoenix series being 3-0 has more to do with the Coyotes' horrible play. I am very much looking forward to an LAK-NYR final.

Mike Smith needs some time away from the NHL. I've never seen a goalie take such an ugly cheap shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFNNfFDjhw

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Mike Smith needs some time away from the NHL. I've never seen a goalie take such an ugly cheap shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFNNfFDjhw

And Brown was called for diving. Typical officiating in this years playoffs, e.g. horrid. Remember Billy Smith of NYI? Yeah, I've seen that kinda crap from a goalie. Agreed, Mike Smith needs time some off. Frustration is boiling over.

jeduardo
05-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I went to go see a fight and a hockey game broke out...and the home fans sat on their hands with _ _ _T in their mouths.
I assume that most Atlantic coast puck-heads remember the last regular season game between the NYR and Devils. I have a feeling that this series is really just heating up & I can't deny the fact that it IS going to get real ugly before it calms down
NYR's win in Newark, the other afternoon, was NOT a real big deal (in the grand scheme of things). We can beat you in NYC and you can beat us in Jersey, but the Hudson series winner, one game does not this make.
Come-on people you know my Devils, who continue to outshoot the Rangers (damn Hank is driving us crazy), will bounce back and put a giant red-n-black gag in that whiny-ass Tortorella's big, interim coach, mouth yet again (historically we've owned you in the SC playoffs-see John's Lightning record against us in the playoffs)!
When asked about J.T.'s complaints...In one word, DeBoer responded: "Comical.") Coach-Jabs Coach-Jabs Coach-Jabs
Even the great Henrik Lundqvist canNot continue to offset the mediocre offensive play from Rangers right?
Devils will skate again Monday night, and we shall solve the Hank mystery erstwhile avoiding time in the sin bin.

BTW: Playoff LA is just too tough, Phoenix has ZERO chance of avoiding the brooms! Hey NYR fans, can either of our Hudson brawlers honestly come up w/a realistic offensive answer to prevent a King cup (I think I saw the figurative ghost of the great one puling on a sweater)

jeduardo
05-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Remember Billy Smith of NYI

Smith totally hacked at Wayne, but what about Hextall going after Chelios (http://youtu.be/2nAVNvoUp2Y)

How about: Goalie fights? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=155H9kt1qzU&feature=related)

learningtoride
05-21-2012, 06:38 PM

jeduardo
05-21-2012, 11:09 PM
HEeeeeNRI HEeeeeNRI HEeeeeNRI!!!!
Dear NYR players, several of your tactics were classic Busch League, & Mike Rupp is just a wanna-be goon (you should know better than taking a cheap-shot at MB)
John Travolta's coaching is rather suspect, but maybe he's still learning his way around the higher level game
Now we all have learned exactly what happens when Hernrik has a so/so game...the rangers lose (NYR is outplayed yet again)! Jab-Jab-Jab...TRUTH
I need to agree with Zach P, the Devils need to show a better & more efficient powerplay in game 5
So back to MSG we go to see what we can do away from Prudential cuz its...
GAME ON!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?u=81775&dateline=1334277106

Jack Brunk
05-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Home ice is huge in this series. Cheap shots and all it's still really good entertainment.

pedlpwrd
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I will say, (outside of wether or not I agree with ones actions), the intensity of what the players on all teams feel when in the heat of the moment, and the frusteration that builds, takes hold of them. The rivalry between these two teams will always have a "bad move" from both sides. I was very happy that last nights game wasn't a shutout. And even Henri is ALLOWED to have a bad night now and then. Yes, it isn't a secret he is the strength foundation of the team, but in the end, we will see who lands the official Cup game.
And I agree Jack, it's all been very intense to watch!

Jack Brunk
05-22-2012, 11:51 PM
Game 5 tonight with both teams being total "BALLERS". Kings are a real coming on team for the future. Beating seeds 1,2 and 3 should make for a great team for either the rangers and devils.

jeduardo
05-23-2012, 07:08 PM
All-right all you Atlantic hockey kids, hang-on, cuzthe puck drops now!

Viper
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
2-0 and the ice is still fresh. Not good.

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-23-2012, 08:00 PM
3-1, Prust of all players for the goal.

learningtoride
05-23-2012, 08:24 PM

jeduardo
05-23-2012, 08:39 PM
I seriously feel like I need a drink lol

JC just 1 drink?! We are getting outmuscled all over the ice, I'm already working my way through an Ahearne flask of Woodford, and a fistful of Xanax!

learningtoride
05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
[

Viper
05-23-2012, 09:06 PM
If the score isnt in My team's favore by the time we are midway into the third i may need some of that xanax jed! lol

Walk away from the pill, walk to the blue line!

Woot woot!

:beer:

learningtoride
05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

learningtoride
05-23-2012, 09:39 PM

jeduardo
05-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Man I'm out of hand noisy over here, think my neighbors are going to call the cops on me :D
Well...NYR you played tough but back to NJ we go and then we shall see how it all unfolds
Devils win again, Mets win, and those Celtics lose to Philly again. It was a great evening in this CT home :banana:

Viper
05-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Everyone in front of a computer. Pretend your mouse is a ouija. Close your eyes. The Devils' ice is the board. Channel your inner Morrissey and let's get some good vibes going for the Ranger game.

Déjà vu, game 6 against the Devils.

Callahan needs to channel his inner Adam Graves and start poking the puck in, or get two assists; Callahan tonight is a night where you can make help frame your career by what you do. If I am Callahan, I score twice around the net and beforehand, I grab the best Devil within arm's reach and I beat the snot outta him to set the tone.

Like this people, Déjà vu + Morrissey =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7NbElEpb6Y

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/44224/deja-vu-for-rangers-devils-in-game-6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQbDG28Ve9w&feature=related

http://forums.thepaceline.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1143410

Viper
05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
:beer:

We have a game people.

MealsOnWheels
05-25-2012, 08:50 PM
I justed landed in NY, watched the first two periods. The 3rd is going to be a game for the ages!

Go BLUE SHIRTS!

jeduardo
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Urgh I'm being flanked on all sides by freakin' Ranger fans!
HEY rbtmcardle, Mr. S. Jersey Shore, where you be? I feel like WALL-E left all alone.
Am I the only Devil fan left who rides/posts here?
Lotensin keeps me calm.
IT'S NOT 1994!

jeduardo
05-25-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm so sorry Mr. Messier your NYRs played well but...

jeduardo
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah before I go to bed...TUST, the red and black steamroller is coming for that LA goon squad.

TMB
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
I would have been happy to see neither of these teams make it to the final. If it came to Rangers or Devils, the choice was easy. I would rather see the Devils in.

Anybody but the Rangers.

I expect ( and I can't believe I am writing this) to see the Stanley Cup in LA. Yuk.

But it will piss off Bettman, so it's good.

learningtoride
05-25-2012, 10:07 PM

bcm119
05-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm a fairweather NYR fan, but given the situation now i will be rooting for the Devils. I'd like to see marty brodeur win one last cup... and the cup does not belong on the west coast south of vancouver.

witcombusa
05-26-2012, 05:32 AM
i would have been happy to see neither of these teams make it to the final. If it came to rangers or devils, the choice was easy. I would rather see the devils in.

anybody but the rangers.

I expect ( and i can't believe i am writing this) to see the stanley cup in la. Yuk.

But it will piss off bettman, so it's good.

+1

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-26-2012, 05:45 AM
Why the NYR hate? NJ or LA will win the cup, but will always be the back story. NJD can win 100 cups, but what NYR does will always be the bigger story. NJD will never have NYR's history, for better or worse. NJD will never be a "marquee" team. Sucks, doesn't it? The planet wanted a NYR/LAK final.

With that said, NJD in 5. :p

rice rocket
05-29-2012, 09:21 AM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/BlaBlaBlaBlonde.gif

:rolleyes:

jeduardo
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
Fayne! What the freak, are YOU trying to give me an aneurysm?

OK...an odd deflection has gotten us into OT, but both teams are playing hard now, and I'll take what I can get. Too many days off for both of these teams made the early play rather sloppy and lackadaisical, but it's been on since the start of 3rd

What a tough loss, well played game LA, but we can't screw up on that many point-blank chances in OT and expect to win. 1st game...not to worry we'll be back and ready to even things up in game 2

rice rocket
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Fayne! What the freak, are YOU trying to give me an aneurysm?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Jonathan+Quick+Mark+Fayne+2012+NHL+Stanley+F8qKPdU oys8l.jpg

pedlpwrd
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Watched the silly goal that took the NYR out of the playoffs and then my son and my girlfriend put their foots down saying that there would be no more television on our first vacation together. Went up towards Athens to see my girlfriends mother and brother. I have missed so much hockey!
So, I guess it's up to the Devils to win it for the east coast.
Jeduardo was obviously a very happy man.
And the rest of us set our sights towards next season then...:mad:

jeduardo
06-06-2012, 10:12 PM
LA, give me a break, it appears that your fans weren't able to get Amazon to deliver their brooms in time for the opening face off. BTW, Quick just can't make saves up-top, we just need to shoot high on him to win. Without that CHEAP boarding call on Clarkson you would have been shut-out just like we were last night. 3-1 to the Devil Army
We'll see ya in Jersey

Jack Brunk
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
You haven't been around for the first three losses my friend. I thought you had more game. Quick was as good as your dude for 2 plus periods. You sound like your a fair weather fan. Should be fun on Sat.:)

jeduardo
06-09-2012, 10:04 PM
BNM our best game but a win is a win. Pic was taken @ the pre-game pump-up at the Rock late this afternoon, and our fan's sign says it all. It is always nice to see some Scotty S. love/respect still represented in NJ

BTW Jack whoever/wherever you've been...you may want to read through this thread before calling me out

Jack Brunk
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
it's all good man not riding you that hard. You need 2 wins and we need one. I still think your a good guy. It's entertainment at it's best.

learningtoride
06-09-2012, 11:32 PM

mike p
06-10-2012, 09:48 AM
I have to cheer on LA as Dustin Brown is from Ithaca NY and will bring the cup here for a visit if they win!

Mike

jeduardo
06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
I was in NJ at a bar near the Rock for the massacre and stayed in NYC. All the best to Darryl Sutter b-cuz he's a great coach, a very talented player + Chicago hero, and seemingly a real good guy.
No excuses in NJD land. You can't expect to win the cup when you have 47 penalty minutes to LA's 6!!! Though we got crushed last night, we capped off a mediocre season with an amazing playoff run. All Devil fans should only be so semi-sad, b-cuz it's almost time to look towards next season's success.