PDA

View Full Version : OT: A METS fan request

jeduardo
04-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Holy cow. After holding my breath during Niese's 7th inning no-hitter bid the other day, and now watching the win this evening I just had to stop to crack a smile. This is the best metropolitans start since '05, and I do not want to sound like a pessamistic Sox fan but...I'm worried that the worse is yet to come. IMHO this current pitching rotation will not be able to survive the long National league season though our bats seem to be firing well. I know we are only 4 games into the season, but as a LTM fan I have this funny feeling growing in the pit of my stomach.
Are there any other Mets fans out there who may be willing/able to put my mind at ease?

Lets Go METS! :banana:

rbtmcardle
04-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Not a Mets fan, but I am a Phillies fan.. no need to panic about being in the lead, this too shall pass and surely by the all star break you can worry about football season again. Mostly just kidding, Phils might be done early this year but I doubt the Mets can hold it together for the long haul.. Marlins might take the division this year.

Nooch
04-10-2012, 11:07 AM
that pit in your stomach is your acceptance that the apocalypse, indeed, is upon us..

either that or Tim Tebow started praying for the underdog in all NY sports rivalries!

(just kidding.. though I am a yanks fan and the wife's a met's fan, so it's fun to poke and prod every now and then. I have no ill will toward the mets, and actually prefer spending an afternoon at citi field than the new yankees stadium :) )

Bertleman
04-10-2012, 08:00 PM
There is plenty of time for the wheels to fall off.
Huge SF Giants fan living in the nesn black hole
Trying to go to a giants/mets game this year

Louis
04-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Interesting story today on Fresh Air (NPR) with / about R.A. Dickey.

Sounds like he had a pretty rough childhood.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/10/150283169/winding-up-as-the-mets-knuckleball-pitcher

Johnny P
04-10-2012, 08:54 PM
interesting story today on fresh air (npr) with / about r.a. Dickey.

Sounds like he had a pretty rough childhood.

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/10/150283169/winding-up-as-the-mets-knuckleball-pitcher

+1

jeduardo
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
...in W.Flanders (let alone in Zwevegem) Go figure :rolleyes:
Well, since the Mets are currently losing to the Nats by 5 runs in the 8th, I've decided to quickly turn my attention away from SNYHD.
Thanks to previous poster for the NPR Dickey link (he's def had a rough ride). I'm going to have to check that out
To address the SF fan in MA...if you've not grown sick-n-tired of hearing those Pink-hat "fan" opinions about the RS every day...I applaud you:hello:
I will be @ Citi on April 23rd for the SF game and hopefully in time to collect my T.Seaver bobblehead.

vqdriver
04-11-2012, 01:34 AM
What's up DUDA

jeduardo
04-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Man, Dickey drops down a nice sacrifice bunt to move Josh over to second, but after JT reaches the 2nd base bag safely he turns around and Jaywalks his butt back to first! WHY? Oh yeah it's the Mets. Hey at least we won 5-2 against our NL East rivals (Got To...hate the Phills)

We won so this was funny (http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120413&content_id=28585500&vkey=news_nym&c_id=nym)

sandyrs
04-14-2012, 03:49 PM
As a perpetually skeptical yet loving Mets fan this thread is right up my alley. I had a scare earlier in the season where I misread the rotation and though Miguel Bautista was the 2 starter so at this point anything seems better than that!

jeduardo
04-14-2012, 06:53 PM
The good Guys 5, the other guys ZIP.
Left for the afternoon ride so I had to wait to watch the final innings of today's game (gotta love TIVO), and was very pleased to see Wright back from his fractured finger. Always feels great to mark your return to the lineup with a solid, albeit not a towering, HR. Welcome back D.W.

jeduardo
04-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Ike Davis's 3 run homer farts in your win streak's general direction.
Silly Braves, you just lost by 5 runs at home.
Mets bounce back from that nonsense game in Philly and post yet another early season win on the back of Gee's 4 hitter.
METS-6 Braves-1
LETS GO METS!

rbtmcardle
04-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Glad for your winning ways early this season.. just dont disappear if things go south for the Metropolitan's :no::cool::)

jeduardo
04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
...and have been from Little Falls/Pittsfield to Shea in '86.
My NYM ups and downs began when I was a kid watching Penn League games peaking with trip to Shea on Oct 27th (stood outside for tickets)
As a Metropolitans fan I learned to suffer long ago, probably why I had so much fun racing bicycles, and so if all NYM fans stick around through October (wishful thinking?) we can all enjoy the roller coater that is a NY Mets season.

jeduardo
04-18-2012, 12:38 PM
we can all enjoy the roller coater that is the NY Mets season.[/QUOTE]

3 run loss in Atlanta last night, and another suspect outing by Santana who only lasted 2 innings, but yet claims his shoulder feels fine so...he starts again Monday so we shall see if he looks any better.
BTW: Mets bullpen looked awful.

Today...Dickey getting knocked around the park right now (will get hook soon), but it is only in the 4th and my hopes are higher than they were yesterday

{Maybe Alderson/Wilpon should contact CO. and inquire about Moyer} I'm just Joking...or am I

jeduardo
04-20-2012, 10:25 PM
San Fran 4 Mets 3
Mets have 2 outs in the 10th w/2 runners on
Duda at plate...can we get the base hit we need?
NO DICE! :mad:
It's over and coming home after a bludgeoning in Atlanta leads to watching yet another game slipping away (San Fran got real lucky since they blew a lead in the 9th and had used up their entire bullpen by the 10th)
Jason Bay with a terrible bat with 1 out & 2 on COME-On JB we just needed a sacrifice to tie it up, but he felt like chasing some crap-pant pitches
Frankie Francisco has been REALLY suspect of late and his relif pitching tonight was plain JUNK, but a dumb-ass intentional walk decision by Collins did WAY more harm than good. With only a runner on 1st, will you please stop pulling from the bottom of yer marked deck and F-ing sack-up, and PITCH to the batter at the plate :butt:
Well...after tonights loss, Mets are now in 3rd place in NL East and remain only 1 game above 500. Another loss or 2 and then we will once again looks like the Mets team we all know and love.:rolleyes:

jeduardo
06-01-2012, 11:55 PM
On behalf of myself and of the Mets fans I've met and gotten to know over the years, I'd like to say thank you to Johan Santana and the 2012 Mets.
On friday night you managed to change 50+ years of history by giving the Mets faithful the chance to witness the clubs first no-hitter ever, and to top things off it was right at home in Queens.

LETS GO METS!:hello:

Louis
06-01-2012, 11:56 PM
You're welcome.

jeduardo
07-23-2012, 10:23 PM
I understand that I may be 1 of a possible handful of Mets fans in the "P-Line", and till now I've kept quiet, but after last night's x-tra inning cluster-F & I just can't take it anymore. No is the time for a rant of frustration::mad:. SO... once again the "amazing" Mets go into x-tra innings with the Nats, tied 2-2, and then their crap-pants bullpen pitchers blow yet another game. Mets, gave up 11 runs in the last 2 games x-tra inning games (LA & Washington respectively). So after tonight's nonsense, we are now under 500, 5 games out wildcard & we've lost 10 of last 11! :butt: I guess it could be worse, we could have Bobby Valentine as our manager..oh wait..at least we passed that curse on to a team which may be worse off than us, but probably not. Misery truly loves company (Boston just crushed by Texas). Red-Sux nation let us tech you how to cut nice eye holes in those bags.
For the most part, we are getting beautiful starting pitching (even w/out D.Gee & starts from Johan "russian roulette" Santana), but once our bullpen is opened, the game goes to hell (basically nothing good from Franciso, Rauch, Ramirez). With only 8 days left until the trade deadline hits, it is time for action. Sandy Alderson has said he wishes to shore up the pen, but hey Sandy no teams are looking to make moves by the 31st for any of our 3-tier players that we have to offer.
Met Trade Fodder: 1.) Valdespin (too inconsistent) 2) Daniel Murphy (defensive joke), 3) Kirk Nieuwenhuis (mediocre talent & Dekker takes his position) and last chopping block Met 4) Lucas Duda (Ike Davis owns Duda's "natural/true"position)
OK MLB GMs what/who do you have for us? Come-on we are just trying to make it to the wild card (probably 1 & done?)