PDA

View Full Version : Review: Clement X'Plor MSO 700x40 tires

GRAVELBIKE
04-08-2012, 09:43 PM
http://www.gravelbike.com/?p=839

fourflys
04-08-2012, 09:59 PM
good review! I do have one nit pick though...

"Clement is still producing bicycle tires, but with an emphasis on dirt-friendly tubulars and clinchers.

Clement offers the Strada LLG in 23, 25, and 28mm widths for road bikes and in two different TPI's to boot...

any idea who the MSO's handle in the mud or when they'll be available? I'm looking for something to throw on the cross bike to ride the trails when I get to Alaska (wet, roots, mud) and want something bigger than the PDX tire...

thanks,
Chris

GRAVELBIKE
04-08-2012, 10:29 PM
good review! I do have one nit pick though...

"Clement is still producing bicycle tires, but with an emphasis on dirt-friendly tubulars and clinchers.

Clement offers the Strada LLG in 23, 25, and 28mm widths for road bikes and in two different TPI's to boot...

any idea who the MSO's handle in the mud or when they'll be available? I'm looking for something to throw on the cross bike to ride the trails when I get to Alaska (wet, roots, mud) and want something bigger than the PDX tire...

thanks,
Chris

Yes, they do offer the LLG, but that's only one out of their six current models. I haven't had a chance to ride the MSO in mud. Mild hero dirt was pretty darn nice, though. Not sure when they'll hit the market.

foo_fighter
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Did you like them better than the happy mediums? Seems like the the MSOs would be a bit better off road but a bit worse on paved roads?

GRAVELBIKE
04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Did you like them better than the happy mediums? Seems like the the MSOs would be a bit better off road but a bit worse on paved roads?

The MSOs work really well on pavement. If I was mixing dirt/gravel and pavement, I'd run the MSOs.

BillG
08-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Any further thoughts on these? I was thinking of buying some of the 120 thread count tires for my D2R2 bike.

GRAVELBIKE
08-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Any further thoughts on these? I was thinking of buying some of the 120 thread count tires for my D2R2 bike.

I think the 120tpi version would be a good choice for D2R2-type riding. My daily riders use higher-tpi tires than the 60tpi MSOs that I tested, and I can feel the difference in ride quality.