PDA

View Full Version : Paris Roubaix Coverage 4/8/12

FixedNotBroken
04-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I have Comcast and want to watch the race. It starts at 6am PT but I'm not sure what channel it's on. I know it's covered by NBC Sports but have no idea what channel. Could someone help?

tsarpepe
04-08-2012, 04:47 AM
If you don't find it on TV, there's always the internet. PR will be shown in its entirety on Rai Sport Due.

http://www.rai.tv
and follow the link on the right ("Dirette Tv e Radio").

BumbleBeeDave
04-08-2012, 07:45 AM
. . .but for me all I get when I try to access is a message saying that content is reserved for viewers in Italy.

BBD

MattTuck
04-08-2012, 07:53 AM
http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/4386

All video links are listed there.

BumbleBeeDave
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
. . . but the RAI link doesn't work there either. Same message--reserved for Italy.

BBD

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/4386

All video links are listed there.

chuckroast
04-08-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm in KC but it's channel 877 on Hi Def or 46 on non Hi Def.

sjbraun
04-08-2012, 08:41 AM
here

http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-10.php

FixedNotBroken
04-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I found it :) I have it recording on the HD channel. Thanks guys!

Straz
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm disappointed in the NBC Sports coverage. It did not start early enough to cover the Forest of Arenberg and missed Boonen's move to win the race. Way too many commercials that disrupted the flow of coverage. Those two fishing shows at the 8:00 hour must generate a lot of cash flow compared to cycling. I'm grumpy.

rePhil
04-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I agree, but it's better than we have been getting on US TV. I do seem to remember OLN showing it from start to finish at least once. That would be nice.
I went for an early ride this morning, and FF through the commercials.

I'm disappointed in the NBC Sports coverage. It did not start early enough to cover the Forest of Arenberg and missed Boonen's move to win the race. Way too many commercials that disrupted the flow of coverage. Those two fishing shows at the 8:00 hour must generate a lot of cash flow compared to cycling. I'm grumpy.

DfCas
04-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Theres a longer show on at 7PM Eastern tonight, they said 3 hours and will include more coverage.

Jaq
04-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Theres a longer show on at 7PM Eastern tonight, they said 3 hours and will include more coverage.

Cool! I wonder who'll win this time?

MattTuck
04-08-2012, 11:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the winner was already soloing away to the win when NBC Sports coverage began...

The 3 hour show may give more context to the race and show some of the moves in earlier sectors.

pdmtong
04-08-2012, 11:32 AM

At least you got to find that out at 9am EST. I woke up at 6am PST to basically watch extended motorcycle shots of boonen TT'ing away. And this after a a tiring day in the saddle tryign to keep up with folks faster than me. I will have to watch at 4pm PST to see arenberg....and hopefully see the split.

firerescuefin
04-08-2012, 11:37 AM
At least you got to find that out at 9am EST. I woke up at 6am PST to basically watch extended motorcycle shots of boonen TT'ing away. And this after a a tiring day in the saddle tryign to keep up with folks faster than me. I will have to watch at 4pm PST to see arenberg....and hopefully see the split.

That's about as cool as VS cutting to hockey pre-game during the queen stage of the TOC a few years ago when the peleton was withing 1.5k of the finish. That was fulfilling:confused:

benitosan1972
04-09-2012, 01:12 AM
I understand waking up @ 6am to go ride bikes or race,
I'll never understand waking up @ 6am to watch TV about bikes.

I read about P/R here, then watched the replay @ 4pm,
after sleeping in, going out for a nice ride, and attending an Easter Party.

Boonen won either viewing you saw, but I prefer to save TV (and beer) for the end of the day.