PDA

View Full Version : Daccordi frames

hybridbellbaske
08-31-2005, 01:24 AM
Anyone know anything about Daccordi?

A good friend wants to get a better bike than his 15 year old Repco (Aussies will know that it won't be hard to improve on this) and a local bike shop has a secondhand Daccordi steel frame which should fit him well for a very good price. It looks to be in good shape and I am trying to steer him in its direction rather than any of the cheap Al alternatives.

Any ideas?

BBB
08-31-2005, 02:34 AM
A Malvern Star?

hybridbellbaske
08-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Malvern Stars were good enough for Oppy- so none of your lip!

His current bike is a Repco Olympic 12 circa 1988 with a particularly vile purple and cream paintjob. Six speed Shimano 300 EX with downtube shifters.He's still probably faster than I am!

cs124
08-31-2005, 06:15 AM
Any chance you can get in touch with Russel Van Hout? He rode a Daccordi last year with the Selle-Italia team and might be able to give you some feedback on geometry, handling etc. He's from S.A. so someone you know might know him. (ok, yes, I am taking the p!ss ;) )

Seriously though, if it's cheap and in good nick it might be alright. What sort of new Al were you trying to steer your mate away from? ...because they're not all bad and I reckon that might be a safer bet than the old Daccordi.

Argos
08-31-2005, 07:01 AM
I worked in a shop that sponsored a local team with Daccordi's. They were very nice. Good Italian Geometry, Good Craftsmanship. Luigi (Daccordi) has always looked at the bicycle as a tool in the quiver rather then art on the wall.
I think if the sizing is right, it's tough to find a comparable priced Italian made frame of comparable quality.
Let us know what he decides!

Andreu
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
............looking bike I have ever seen (period) was a 1990 columbus tubed Daccordi with chrome forks and chromed back end and blue metallic paint - ridden by an elite rider in Scotland - it was they only one I have ever seen in the flesh. The later models I have know idea about but looking at the website it looks like you could not go far wrong with one.

How is everyone taking the cricket results down under ....I was listening to Rodney Marsh, Merv Hughes and Geoff Lawson on the BBC..... what a test!(well it is for the English anyway).
A

BBB
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
The cricket - gotta lose at some stage I guess, after all its been 16 years since the Poms last held the Ashes. It hasn't really bothered me until yesterday when the guest (English) speaker rubbed it in.

csb
08-31-2005, 07:41 PM
A Malvern Star?

mazzy star?

Dr. Doofus
08-31-2005, 08:54 PM
she hangs brightly