PDA

View Full Version : Rides in Oregon

MattTuck
04-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm considering registering for this ride. http://www.farmtofarmride.com/

Anyone have experience with it? Might make a 4-5 day trip out of it, and would be interested if people know of any good routes in the surrounding areas... Might head up to Seattle after the event for a day or two and do Bainbridge or some of western side of Puget sound.

coylifut
04-06-2012, 12:11 PM

Anyone have experience with it? Might make a 4-5 day trip out of it, and would be interested if people know of any good routes in the surrounding areas... Might head up to Seattle after the event for a day or two and do Bainbridge or some of western side of Puget sound.

hard to find bad routes in that area. lodge in eugene. great rides during the day, good food choices at night. fine winery choices as well.

krhea
04-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Matt, hit me with a direct email. I can hook you up with rides/routes.

KRhea

deanster
04-06-2012, 08:54 PM

lived in Salem for about 5 years in the 1980s. Rode up and down the Willamette valley. Great riding and this sounds like a real kick. You could ride down in Eugene, then up to the wine country just north of Salem. There was a ferry across the Willamette river north of Salem which makes a great loop...wine on the west and hop fields on the East side. I bookmarked the ride info and will consider it myself this year...many thanks.

pjmsj21
04-07-2012, 07:39 AM
I live in Eugene and this is a new ride and actually the first I have heard of it. I have ridden just about all of this route at various times and it is some very nice riding for sure. Interesting idea to limit the ride to 100 riders. But if you haven't cycled in this part of the country I am very confident that you would enjoy it.

Pat Mc

Kirk007
04-07-2012, 07:06 PM
and while there's nothing wrong with those roads there's many more in the vicinity that to me are as nice or nicer so you could spend some a few days doing great riding. Now living in Seattle, I am really missing the ease of riding in Eugene. I was very spoiled and didn't really realize it.

William
04-08-2012, 08:11 AM
and while there's nothing wrong with those roads there's many more in the vicinity that to me are as nice or nicer so you could spend some a few days doing great riding. Now living in Seattle, I am really missing the ease of riding in Eugene. I was very spoiled and didn't really realize it.

Agreed. I've logged thousands of training miles on those roads and I didn't realize how good I had it until I moved away. I could tell you just about every mile on those roads.

William