PDA

View Full Version : Dancelli Campione d'Italia

oliver1850
04-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I bought a couple of items from a German ebay seller, who also has this frame listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dancelli-Campione-d-Italia-MINT-VGC-SIZE-59-FRAMESET-/320868714654?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab544089e

It's as close to my size as stock frames get. I don't know anything about the builder or the value of the frame. Any comments? Do me a real favor and buy it.

TMB
04-05-2012, 11:57 AM
These are not common framesets on this side of the Atlantic.

Dancelli was a pro racer who raced in the same era ( and for aprt of his career on the same team as ) Merckx, the elder.

These were obviously contract built for Dancelli, I just never figured out by whom.

I had a Dancelli which I let go in an ill considered burst of house cleaning. It was a lovely riding bike ( true MAX construction) , it was an equally eye catching paint job.

I saw it come up here as a re-sale a few months ago so do a search.

I got it the same way, as a buy from a seller in Germany and it arrived at my door promptly and unscathed.

Based on my experience I would not hesitate to buy that (if I wanted a bike, and it were my size).

rccardr
04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
TMB- If that's the MAX tubing frame that was sold to BBM, he sold it to me. I built it up with Ultegra/DA(see pic).

If I recall correctly, Dancelli was the team captain for the team Eddy rode on with Colnago bikes. When Dancelli won a major race, Colnago adopted the clover from Dancelli's family crest as the company logo.

Resold the frame on this forum last fall. Nice riding frame, well constructed and very spiffy.

We enjoyed each other for a full riding season and then moved on.

http://i797.photobucket.com/albums/yy254/rccardr/Dancelli/Dancellirightsidedoor.jpg

TMB
04-05-2012, 12:30 PM
That was the bike.

Where does it live now?

Funny thing is, I have a garage full of fancy custom bikes and the ones I miss are the orphans that have moved on. Maybe they were better suited to my riding abilities.

rccardr
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Sold it to a nice gentleman up in NY last fall.

zmudshark
04-05-2012, 08:40 PM
At least TMB and BBM don't have it any longer. They are slugs:banana:

Yes, banana slugs.

TMB
04-05-2012, 08:46 PM
At least TMB and BBM don't have it any longer. They are slugs:banana:

Yes, banana slugs.

Yes I am. Proudly.